|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
(a) Rolling Rock.
2. How old is Riley when he comes to live in the town?
3. What is the name of the man who writes Catherine to ask her to marry him?
4. Who used to deliver the papers?
(a) Sal Rosewater.
(b) Paul Jimson.
(c) John Lambert.
(d) John Tilly.
5. What is the name of the character whom Verena had been attached to and heartbroken by?
(a) Charles Cool.
(b) James Henderson.
(c) Junius Candle.
(d) Maudie Murphy.
6. Where does Verena meet Dr. Ritz?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
7. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp?
(b) His father.
8. What is the name of the Minister's wife?
9. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
10. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) A minister's wife.
(c) A voodoo witch.
(d) A gypsy.
11. What room is the narrator unable to spy upon from the attic?
(a) Dolly's room.
(b) Verena's room.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The kitchen.
12. What does Catherine wear "that would put out your eyes?"
13. How old is Dolly?
14. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
15. What kind of cemetery is near the China tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the sisters with whom the protagonist goes to live?
2. How old is the narrator when he goes to stay with his father's cousins?
3. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
4. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
5. Who tells the Judge in Chapter 2, "If you weren't so old, I'd damn well knock you down"?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)