|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
(c) Rolling Rock.
2. What ethnicity does Catherine claim to be?
(a) American Indian.
(c) African American.
3. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
4. Where is the little girl to whom the Judge wrote?
5. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
(d) His father.
6. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
7. What is the name of the Minister's wife?
8. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A bracelet.
9. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) Six dollars.
(d) Two dollars.
10. What is the last name of the sisters with whom the protagonist goes to live?
11. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
(a) A record-player.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A seashell.
(d) A dried honeycomb.
12. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(a) Dates a man.
(b) Smokes a pipe.
(d) Sneaks food at night.
13. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
(d) The Judge.
14. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
(a) Horace Holton.
(b) Julius Candle.
(c) Jack Henderson.
(d) Collin Cool.
15. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been the Judge's one true friend?
2. Where is the man who asked Catherine to marry him?
3. What is the name of Riley's mother?
4. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
5. What is the only meat that Dolly likes?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)