|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Riley's sister who is in the protagonist's class in school?
2. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
(a) Reed grass.
(b) Crimson grass.
(c) Indian grass.
(d) Moss grass.
3. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
4. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A bouquet.
5. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A rebel.
(b) A tart.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A pagan.
6. What does the girl from the Judge's letters send him when he tells her he is going to law school?
(a) A rabbit's foot.
(b) A lucky pebble.
(c) A silver coin.
(d) A gold nugget.
7. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
(a) Collin Cool.
(b) Jack Henderson.
(c) Julius Candle.
(d) Horace Holton.
8. What is the last name of the sisters with whom the protagonist goes to live?
9. What kind of cemetery is near the China tree?
10. Who takes Dolly's hand at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The Judge.
11. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
12. Who has been the Judge's one true friend?
13. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
(a) A voodoo witch.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A minister's wife.
(d) Her grandmother.
14. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
(a) The French Riviera.
(b) The Grand Canyon.
15. Where does Riley's uncle go?
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the little girl to whom the Judge wrote?
2. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
3. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
4. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
5. What is the name of the character whom Verena had been attached to and heartbroken by?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)