|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Judge in the picture he sent to the girl in his letters?
2. What is the name of the character whom Verena had been attached to and heartbroken by?
(a) Charles Cool.
(b) Junius Candle.
(c) Maudie Murphy.
(d) James Henderson.
3. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
4. What is the Judge's last name?
5. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A bouquet.
(d) A bracelet.
6. What ethnicity does Catherine claim to be?
(a) American Indian.
(b) African American.
7. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
(a) A dried honeycomb.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A seashell.
(d) A record-player.
8. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
(d) His father.
9. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
10. What townswoman has come with the Sheriff, Minister, and Judge to the tree house in Chapter 2?
(a) Mary Wilson.
(b) Maude County.
(c) Sarah Wheeler.
(d) Macy Wheeler.
11. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
(a) Indian grass.
(b) Crimson grass.
(c) Reed grass.
(d) Moss grass.
12. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Six dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
13. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A rebel.
(b) A tart.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A pagan.
14. What is Riley's last name?
15. What is the name of Riley's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
2. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
3. Where did the Judge go to school?
4. How old is Riley when he comes to live in the town?
5. What is the name of Riley's sister who is in the protagonist's class in school?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)