|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
2. Where does the narrator suggest they go to live in Chapter 2?
(a) An abandoned house boat.
(b) An abandoned railway car.
(c) An abandoned shack.
(d) An abandoned mansion.
3. What is the name of Riley's mother?
4. What does the Judge refer to their group as in Chapter 3?
(a) Five fools in a tree.
(b) Five strangers.
(c) Five lost souls.
(d) Five birds.
5. What is Riley's last name?
6. What position does Riley's uncle hold in the town?
(a) Justice of the Peace.
(b) Bakery owner.
(d) County Judge.
7. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
(a) Collin Cool.
(b) Jack Henderson.
(c) Horace Holton.
(d) Julius Candle.
8. What does the sheriff go on to become?
(a) A senator.
(b) A governor.
(c) A president.
(d) A mayor.
9. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
10. What is the name of Riley's uncle?
(a) Morris Ritz.
(b) Charles Cool.
(c) Junius Candle.
(d) Horace Holton.
11. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
12. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
(a) Indian grass.
(b) Reed grass.
(c) Moss grass.
(d) Crimson grass.
13. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(a) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Dates a man.
(d) Sneaks food at night.
14. What color is the car that Riley drives?
15. Which character has begun to weep at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
2. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
3. Who used to deliver the papers?
4. What is the name of the character whom Verena had been attached to and heartbroken by?
5. How old is Riley when he comes to live in the town?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)