|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A pagan.
(b) A rebel.
(c) A tart.
(d) A gypsy.
2. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
(a) His father.
3. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
4. Who says, "I don't believe in locking drawers--seems strange a man can't live without keys in what was at least once his own house"?
(a) The Judge.
5. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
6. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
(a) A record-player.
(b) A seashell.
(c) A dried honeycomb.
(d) A hummingbird.
7. What is the name of the Minister's wife?
8. How old is Dolly?
9. Where had the Judge's wife been from?
10. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
11. What does the sheriff go on to become?
(a) A president.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A governor.
(d) A senator.
12. Who used to deliver the papers?
(a) John Lambert.
(b) Paul Jimson.
(c) Sal Rosewater.
(d) John Tilly.
13. What is the name of Riley's sister who is in the protagonist's class in school?
14. How old is the Judge in the picture he sent to the girl in his letters?
15. Who says, "Today, when I started out with the Sheriff's party, I was a man convinced that his life will have passed uncommunicated and without trace. I think now that I will not have been so unfortunate"?
(c) The Judge.
(d) Mrs. Buster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
2. In what state does the novel take place?
3. How much money does the protagonist's party have in the tree?
4. How old is the young girl to whom the Judge wrote?
5. What is Dolly's potion made to cure?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)