|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cemetery is near the China tree?
2. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
3. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Six dollars.
4. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
(a) Reed grass.
(b) Moss grass.
(c) Crimson grass.
(d) Indian grass.
5. What does Riley pass around to the others in the tree house in Chapter 2?
(a) Bread rolls.
6. Who says, "Today, when I started out with the Sheriff's party, I was a man convinced that his life will have passed uncommunicated and without trace. I think now that I will not have been so unfortunate"?
(b) Mrs. Buster.
(d) The Judge.
7. Who is the richest person in the town?
(a) Dr. Ritz.
(b) Horace Holton.
8. How does the narrator's father die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) House fire.
9. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
10. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
(a) His father.
11. Where does the narrator suggest they go to live in Chapter 2?
(a) An abandoned railway car.
(b) An abandoned house boat.
(c) An abandoned shack.
(d) An abandoned mansion.
12. Where did the Judge go to school?
13. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A rebel.
(b) A tart.
(c) A pagan.
(d) A gypsy.
14. What does Catherine refer to Verena as?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The Old Bat.
(c) The Spinster.
(d) That One.
15. Where is the entrance to the attic?
(a) The linen closet.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The narrator's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who writes Catherine to ask her to marry him?
2. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
3. What are the last words of the Judge's wife?
4. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
5. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)