|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Judge's last name?
2. What is the name of the man who writes Catherine to ask her to marry him?
3. How old is the young girl to whom the Judge wrote?
4. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) Six dollars.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Two dollars.
5. Where had the Judge's wife been from?
6. What ethnicity does Catherine claim to be?
(b) African American.
(c) American Indian.
7. What position does Riley's uncle hold in the town?
(a) County Judge.
(c) Bakery owner.
(d) Justice of the Peace.
8. Who is the younger sister with whom the narrator goes to stay?
9. Which character has begun to weep at the beginning of Chapter 3?
10. What is the name of the Minister's wife?
11. Who has been the Judge's one true friend?
12. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
(b) His father.
13. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
(a) Reed grass.
(b) Crimson grass.
(c) Indian grass.
(d) Moss grass.
14. Who says, "Today, when I started out with the Sheriff's party, I was a man convinced that his life will have passed uncommunicated and without trace. I think now that I will not have been so unfortunate"?
(b) Mrs. Buster.
(d) The Judge.
15. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Heather Falls.
(b) Emily Ross.
(c) Sarah Welsh.
(d) Elizabeth Stewart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator spy upon Dolly writing in her room?
2. Who is the richest person in the town?
3. Who tells the Judge in Chapter 2, "If you weren't so old, I'd damn well knock you down"?
4. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
5. How many bottles of the potion do they produce a week?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)