|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What townswoman has come with the Sheriff, Minister, and Judge to the tree house in Chapter 2?
(a) Mary Wilson.
(b) Maude County.
(c) Macy Wheeler.
(d) Sarah Wheeler.
2. What is the name of the Minister's wife?
3. What does the Judge recall Dolly not having as a child?
(a) Decent clothes.
(c) A sister.
4. Where is the little girl to whom the Judge wrote?
5. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
6. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
(a) A seashell.
(b) A dried honeycomb.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A record-player.
7. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
8. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
(a) A voodoo witch.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A minister's wife.
9. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A rebel.
(c) A tart.
(d) A pagan.
10. What is the only meat that Dolly likes?
(b) Chicken brain.
11. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
12. Where does the narrator suggest they go to live in Chapter 2?
(a) An abandoned mansion.
(b) An abandoned shack.
(c) An abandoned house boat.
(d) An abandoned railway car.
13. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
(a) A bouquet.
(b) A bracelet.
(d) A doll.
14. How many bottles of the potion do they produce a week?
15. What does Riley pass around to the others in the tree house in Chapter 2?
(b) Bread rolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Judge's last name?
2. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
3. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
4. What kind of cemetery is near the China tree?
5. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)