|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Riley's uncle go?
(d) New Orleans.
2. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
(c) Rolling Rock.
3. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
4. How old is the character of Catherine?
(a) About sixty.
(b) About fifty.
(c) About forty.
(d) About seventy.
5. In what state does the novel take place?
6. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
7. Where is the little girl to whom the Judge wrote?
8. Where is the entrance to the attic?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The narrator's bedroom.
(d) The linen closet.
9. Where does Riley's mother go?
(a) An institution.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Las Vegas.
10. Who says, "Today, when I started out with the Sheriff's party, I was a man convinced that his life will have passed uncommunicated and without trace. I think now that I will not have been so unfortunate"?
(b) Mrs. Buster.
(d) The Judge.
11. Who is the richest person in the town?
(a) Horace Holton.
(b) Dr. Ritz.
12. What is the only meat that Dolly likes?
(c) Chicken brain.
13. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Emily Ross.
(b) Heather Falls.
(c) Sarah Welsh.
(d) Elizabeth Stewart.
14. Where does Verena meet Dr. Ritz?
(b) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
15. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
(a) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
2. What is the name of the man who writes Catherine to ask her to marry him?
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. What does Catherine refer to Verena as?
5. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)