|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Riley's uncle go?
(a) New Orleans.
2. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
3. What is the name of the man who writes Catherine to ask her to marry him?
4. What does the girl from the Judge's letters send him when he tells her he is going to law school?
(a) A gold nugget.
(b) A lucky pebble.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A silver coin.
5. Who has been the Judge's one true friend?
6. What does Catherine wear "that would put out your eyes?"
7. What is Riley hunting in the woods in Chapter 2?
8. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
9. Where does Verena meet Dr. Ritz?
(a) New York.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
10. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
11. What is the name of Riley's mother?
12. Who says, "I don't believe in locking drawers--seems strange a man can't live without keys in what was at least once his own house"?
(a) The Judge.
13. What does Catherine refer to Verena as?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The Spinster.
(c) The Old Bat.
(d) That One.
14. Who takes Dolly's hand at the end of Chapter 3?
(c) The Judge.
15. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
(a) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
2. Who is the richest person in the town?
3. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
4. What is the Judge's last name?
5. Where did the Judge go to school?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)