|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
(a) The Judge.
2. What does the Judge refer to their group as in Chapter 3?
(a) Five fools in a tree.
(b) Five lost souls.
(c) Five strangers.
(d) Five birds.
3. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
4. Where had the Judge's wife been from?
5. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A bouquet.
6. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
7. Where is the entrance to the attic?
(a) The narrator's bedroom.
(b) The linen closet.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The kitchen.
8. How old is the character of Catherine?
(a) About forty.
(b) About fifty.
(c) About seventy.
(d) About sixty.
9. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
(b) The Grand Canyon.
(c) The French Riviera.
10. What does the sheriff go on to become?
(a) A senator.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A governor.
(d) A president.
11. What is Riley hunting in the woods in Chapter 2?
12. What is the only meat that Dolly likes?
(d) Chicken brain.
13. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
(a) His wife's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His daughters'.
(d) His sons'.
14. What does the girl from the Judge's letters send him when he tells her he is going to law school?
(a) A gold nugget.
(b) A silver coin.
(c) A lucky pebble.
(d) A rabbit's foot.
15. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
(a) Collin Cool.
(b) Jack Henderson.
(c) Horace Holton.
(d) Julius Candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
2. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
3. What is the name of Riley's sister who is in the protagonist's class in school?
4. Which character has begun to weep at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What position does Riley's uncle hold in the town?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)