|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cemetery is near the China tree?
2. How many bottles of the potion do they produce a week?
3. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
(a) A bracelet.
(c) A bouquet.
(d) A doll.
4. What is the name of Riley's uncle?
(a) Junius Candle.
(b) Morris Ritz.
(c) Horace Holton.
(d) Charles Cool.
5. Where is the little girl to whom the Judge wrote?
6. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
7. How old is Dolly?
8. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
(a) A seashell.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A dried honeycomb.
(d) A record-player.
9. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
(b) His father.
10. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Six dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Two dollars.
11. What is the name of the Minister's wife?
12. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
13. What ethnicity does Catherine claim to be?
(a) African American.
(c) American Indian.
14. Where does the narrator suggest they go to live in Chapter 2?
(a) An abandoned house boat.
(b) An abandoned shack.
(c) An abandoned mansion.
(d) An abandoned railway car.
15. What is the name of the narrator's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
2. Where does Verena meet Dr. Ritz?
3. In what state does the novel take place?
4. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
5. Who is the richest person in the town?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)