|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the protagonist's party have in the tree?
(a) Fifty-two dollars.
(b) Forty-seven dollars.
(c) Sixty dollars.
(d) Seventy-six dollars.
2. In what state does the novel take place?
3. What position does Riley's uncle hold in the town?
(a) Justice of the Peace.
(b) County Judge.
(d) Bakery owner.
4. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Heather Falls.
(b) Sarah Welsh.
(c) Emily Ross.
(d) Elizabeth Stewart.
5. Who has been the Judge's one true friend?
6. What is the Judge's last name?
7. What is Riley hunting in the woods in Chapter 2?
8. What is the name of Riley's mother?
9. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
(a) His father's.
(b) His sons'.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His daughters'.
10. What is the last name of the sisters with whom the protagonist goes to live?
11. Where is Riley born?
12. What is the name of Riley's uncle?
(a) Charles Cool.
(b) Morris Ritz.
(c) Horace Holton.
(d) Junius Candle.
13. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
14. How old is Dolly?
15. What townswoman has come with the Sheriff, Minister, and Judge to the tree house in Chapter 2?
(a) Sarah Wheeler.
(b) Mary Wilson.
(c) Maude County.
(d) Macy Wheeler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Judge refer to their group as in Chapter 3?
2. Who is the richest person in the town?
3. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
4. What does the girl from the Judge's letters send him when he tells her he is going to law school?
5. Where had the Judge's wife been from?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)