|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
(a) The Grand Canyon.
(c) The French Riviera.
2. What is the name of Riley's mother?
3. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) A voodoo witch.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A minister's wife.
4. What is Riley hunting in the woods in Chapter 2?
5. Who is the younger sister with whom the narrator goes to stay?
6. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
7. What does Catherine wear "that would put out your eyes?"
8. What are the last words of the Judge's wife?
(b) "Happy happy happy."
(d) "I love you."
9. What is Riley's last name?
10. How old is the narrator when he goes to stay with his father's cousins?
11. Who tells the Judge in Chapter 2, "If you weren't so old, I'd damn well knock you down"?
12. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
(a) Jack Henderson.
(b) Julius Candle.
(c) Collin Cool.
(d) Horace Holton.
13. Where does Riley's uncle go?
(d) New Orleans.
14. Who says, "Today, when I started out with the Sheriff's party, I was a man convinced that his life will have passed uncommunicated and without trace. I think now that I will not have been so unfortunate"?
(a) The Judge.
(b) Mrs. Buster.
15. What is the name of the man who writes Catherine to ask her to marry him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
2. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
3. Where does the narrator suggest they go to live in Chapter 2?
4. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
5. How old is Dolly?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)