|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man who asked Catherine to marry him?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
2. What is Riley's last name?
3. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
(a) Horace Holton.
(b) Julius Candle.
(c) Jack Henderson.
(d) Collin Cool.
4. What does the Judge recall Dolly not having as a child?
(a) A sister.
(d) Decent clothes.
5. What is the Judge's last name?
6. Where does Verena meet Dr. Ritz?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
7. Where does the narrator suggest they go to live in Chapter 2?
(a) An abandoned shack.
(b) An abandoned mansion.
(c) An abandoned railway car.
(d) An abandoned house boat.
8. How much money does the protagonist's party have in the tree?
(a) Seventy-six dollars.
(b) Forty-seven dollars.
(c) Sixty dollars.
(d) Fifty-two dollars.
9. What is the Reverend's last name?
10. What are the last words of the Judge's wife?
(b) "I love you."
(d) "Happy happy happy."
11. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
12. Who tells the Judge in Chapter 2, "If you weren't so old, I'd damn well knock you down"?
13. What color is the car that Riley drives?
14. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A tart.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A pagan.
(d) A rebel.
15. Where had the Judge's wife been from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
2. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
3. How old is the character of Catherine?
4. In what state does the novel take place?
5. Where does Riley's uncle go?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)