|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Judge recall Dolly not having as a child?
(a) A sister.
(b) Decent clothes.
2. Where is Riley born?
3. How old is the Judge in the picture he sent to the girl in his letters?
4. What does Riley pass around to the others in the tree house in Chapter 2?
(d) Bread rolls.
5. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Elizabeth Stewart.
(b) Emily Ross.
(c) Heather Falls.
(d) Sarah Welsh.
6. How much money does the protagonist's party have in the tree?
(a) Sixty dollars.
(b) Seventy-six dollars.
(c) Forty-seven dollars.
(d) Fifty-two dollars.
7. What is the name of Riley's uncle?
(a) Charles Cool.
(b) Junius Candle.
(c) Morris Ritz.
(d) Horace Holton.
8. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
(a) The Grand Canyon.
(d) The French Riviera.
9. How old is the narrator when he goes to stay with his father's cousins?
10. What townswoman has come with the Sheriff, Minister, and Judge to the tree house in Chapter 2?
(a) Mary Wilson.
(b) Macy Wheeler.
(c) Maude County.
(d) Sarah Wheeler.
11. What is Riley's last name?
12. What is the name of Riley's mother?
13. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
(c) The Judge.
14. Where had the Judge's wife been from?
15. What is the name of the narrator's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to deliver the papers?
2. Which character has begun to weep at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
4. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
5. What is the Judge's last name?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)