|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Sarah Welsh.
(b) Emily Ross.
(c) Heather Falls.
(d) Elizabeth Stewart.
2. What does the Judge recall Dolly not having as a child?
(b) Decent clothes.
(d) A sister.
3. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
(a) Collin Cool.
(b) Jack Henderson.
(c) Horace Holton.
(d) Julius Candle.
4. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
(d) The Judge.
5. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
(a) A voodoo witch.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A minister's wife.
6. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Six dollars.
7. Which character has begun to weep at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. How old is Dolly?
9. Where did the Judge go to school?
10. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
(b) Rolling Rock.
11. What room is the narrator unable to spy upon from the attic?
(a) Dolly's room.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Verena's room.
12. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(a) Sneaks food at night.
(b) Dates a man.
(d) Smokes a pipe.
13. What position does Riley's uncle hold in the town?
(a) County Judge.
(b) Justice of the Peace.
(c) Bakery owner.
14. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
(a) A dried honeycomb.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A record-player.
(d) A seashell.
15. What is the name of Riley's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the character of Catherine?
2. What does Catherine refer to Verena as?
3. What ethnicity does Catherine claim to be?
4. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp?
5. What is Riley's last name?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)