|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the little girl to whom the Judge wrote?
2. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp?
(c) His father.
3. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
4. What does Catherine refer to Verena as?
(a) The Spinster.
(b) The Old Bat.
(c) The Devil.
(d) That One.
5. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
(a) Jack Henderson.
(b) Julius Candle.
(c) Collin Cool.
(d) Horace Holton.
6. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
7. What does the sheriff go on to become?
(a) A mayor.
(b) A president.
(c) A governor.
(d) A senator.
8. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(a) Smokes a pipe.
(b) Sneaks food at night.
(c) Dates a man.
9. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
(a) A voodoo witch.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A minister's wife.
(d) Her grandmother.
10. Where had the Judge's wife been from?
11. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Heather Falls.
(b) Elizabeth Stewart.
(c) Emily Ross.
(d) Sarah Welsh.
12. Where does Verena meet Dr. Ritz?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
13. What is the name of the narrator's father?
14. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) Six dollars.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Three dollars.
15. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
(b) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the car that Riley drives?
2. What is the last name of the sisters with whom the protagonist goes to live?
3. What does the girl from the Judge's letters send him when he tells her he is going to law school?
4. How old is the Judge in the picture he sent to the girl in his letters?
5. Who tells the Judge in Chapter 2, "If you weren't so old, I'd damn well knock you down"?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)