|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine wear "that would put out your eyes?"
2. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
(a) A record-player.
(b) A seashell.
(c) A dried honeycomb.
(d) A hummingbird.
3. What is Dolly's potion made to cure?
4. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
5. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(a) Dates a man.
(b) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Sneaks food at night.
6. How much money does the protagonist's party have in the tree?
(a) Sixty dollars.
(b) Seventy-six dollars.
(c) Fifty-two dollars.
(d) Forty-seven dollars.
7. What is the last name of the sisters with whom the protagonist goes to live?
8. How old is the young girl to whom the Judge wrote?
9. What is the name of Riley's mother?
10. What is Catherine's last name?
11. What does the Judge recall Dolly not having as a child?
(c) A sister.
(d) Decent clothes.
12. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
13. What is the name of Riley's uncle?
(a) Morris Ritz.
(b) Junius Candle.
(c) Horace Holton.
(d) Charles Cool.
14. Where did the Judge go to school?
15. What is the Reverend's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
2. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
3. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
4. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
5. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)