|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A rebel.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A pagan.
(d) A tart.
2. What does the narrator spy upon Dolly writing in her room?
(c) A novel.
3. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
(a) The French Riviera.
(d) The Grand Canyon.
4. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(a) Smokes a pipe.
(b) Sneaks food at night.
(d) Dates a man.
5. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Collin Talbo.
(b) Riley Talbo.
(c) Collin Fenwick.
(d) Michael Fenwick.
6. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Sarah Welsh.
(b) Elizabeth Stewart.
(c) Emily Ross.
(d) Heather Falls.
7. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
8. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
9. Who says, "Today, when I started out with the Sheriff's party, I was a man convinced that his life will have passed uncommunicated and without trace. I think now that I will not have been so unfortunate"?
(a) The Judge.
(d) Mrs. Buster.
10. How old is Riley when he comes to live in the town?
11. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
(d) Rolling Rock.
12. What room is the narrator unable to spy upon from the attic?
(a) Verena's room.
(b) Dolly's room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The parlor.
13. How old is the young girl to whom the Judge wrote?
14. What is the name of Riley's sister who is in the protagonist's class in school?
15. What ethnicity does Catherine claim to be?
(b) African American.
(d) American Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Dolly's room painted?
2. Who says, "I don't believe in locking drawers--seems strange a man can't live without keys in what was at least once his own house"?
3. What is the name of the man who writes Catherine to ask her to marry him?
4. How much money does the protagonist's party have in the tree?
5. What is the name of Riley's uncle?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)