|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the younger sister with whom the narrator goes to stay?
2. What is Riley's last name?
3. What does the sheriff go on to become?
(a) A mayor.
(b) A senator.
(c) A president.
(d) A governor.
4. Where is the entrance to the attic?
(a) The narrator's bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The linen closet.
(d) The hallway.
5. What does the girl from the Judge's letters send him when he tells her he is going to law school?
(a) A rabbit's foot.
(b) A gold nugget.
(c) A lucky pebble.
(d) A silver coin.
6. Who used to deliver the papers?
(a) Paul Jimson.
(b) John Tilly.
(c) Sal Rosewater.
(d) John Lambert.
7. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
8. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
9. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Heather Falls.
(b) Elizabeth Stewart.
(c) Emily Ross.
(d) Sarah Welsh.
10. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Six dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
11. What is the name of Riley's uncle?
(a) Horace Holton.
(b) Junius Candle.
(c) Charles Cool.
(d) Morris Ritz.
12. Where does Riley's mother go?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) An institution.
13. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(b) Sneaks food at night.
(c) Dates a man.
(d) Smokes a pipe.
14. What does the Judge refer to their group as in Chapter 3?
(a) Five fools in a tree.
(b) Five birds.
(c) Five lost souls.
(d) Five strangers.
15. What is Dolly's potion made to cure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Minister's wife?
2. How old is the young girl to whom the Judge wrote?
3. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
4. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
5. What does Catherine refer to Verena as?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)