|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only meat that Dolly likes?
(a) Chicken brain.
2. Where did the Judge go to school?
3. Who is the richest person in the town?
(a) Dr. Ritz.
(c) Horace Holton.
4. Who used to deliver the papers?
(a) Paul Jimson.
(b) John Tilly.
(c) John Lambert.
(d) Sal Rosewater.
5. Where is Riley born?
6. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
7. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
8. What color is Dolly's room painted?
9. What room is the narrator unable to spy upon from the attic?
(a) Dolly's room.
(b) Verena's room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The parlor.
10. What does the Judge recall Dolly not having as a child?
(b) A sister.
(d) Decent clothes.
11. How old is the character of Catherine?
(a) About sixty.
(b) About seventy.
(c) About fifty.
(d) About forty.
12. What does the narrator spy upon Dolly writing in her room?
(d) A novel.
13. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
(a) Crimson grass.
(b) Indian grass.
(c) Moss grass.
(d) Reed grass.
14. What does Riley pass around to the others in the tree house in Chapter 2?
(b) Bread rolls.
15. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
(a) Rolling Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
2. Where does Riley's uncle go?
3. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
4. What does the Judge refer to their group as in Chapter 3?
5. In what state does the novel take place?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)