|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Riley when he comes to live in the town?
2. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Michael Fenwick.
(b) Collin Fenwick.
(c) Collin Talbo.
(d) Riley Talbo.
3. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
4. Where is the man who asked Catherine to marry him?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
5. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(b) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Dates a man.
(d) Sneaks food at night.
6. What townswoman has come with the Sheriff, Minister, and Judge to the tree house in Chapter 2?
(a) Macy Wheeler.
(b) Mary Wilson.
(c) Sarah Wheeler.
(d) Maude County.
7. What is Riley hunting in the woods in Chapter 2?
8. What does the Judge recall Dolly not having as a child?
(a) A sister.
(c) Decent clothes.
9. What room is the narrator unable to spy upon from the attic?
(a) The parlor.
(b) Dolly's room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Verena's room.
10. What is Catherine's last name?
11. What is one of the things that Dorothy says she has loved?
(a) A dried honeycomb.
(b) A seashell.
(c) A record-player.
(d) A hummingbird.
12. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
13. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Elizabeth Stewart.
(b) Emily Ross.
(c) Sarah Welsh.
(d) Heather Falls.
14. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
15. What is the name of the narrator's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Riley's uncle hold in the town?
2. How old is the Judge in the picture he sent to the girl in his letters?
3. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
4. Where is the entrance to the attic?
5. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)