|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(a) Dates a man.
(b) Sneaks food at night.
(d) Smokes a pipe.
2. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Six dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) One dollar.
3. What are the last words of the Judge's wife?
(b) "I love you."
(c) "Happy happy happy."
4. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
(a) His sons'.
(b) His daughters'.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His father's.
5. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
(a) Moss grass.
(b) Reed grass.
(c) Crimson grass.
(d) Indian grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who writes Catherine to ask her to marry him?
2. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
3. Who says, "Today, when I started out with the Sheriff's party, I was a man convinced that his life will have passed uncommunicated and without trace. I think now that I will not have been so unfortunate"?
4. What is the Judge's last name?
5. What position does Riley's uncle hold in the town?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)