Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the grand inquisitor say man prefers death?
2. What does Ivan say he wishes for his life?
3. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say is more powerful than the banner of bread?
5. What doesn't Alyosha believe?
Essay Topic 1
Would the inquisitor be happy or unhappy that Jesus has returned? Take into account the historical setting of the story and the popular viewpoints of the time.
Essay Topic 2
According to the grand inquisitor, what effect would Jesus providing bread for all have on the world? What reactions would this cause people to have toward him? Why does the grand inquisitor believe Jesus refused this temptation?
Essay Topic 3
Does the grand inquisitor believe in the prisoner's guilt or is he arresting him for another reason? What are the reasons the grand inquisitor might arrest a prisoner for? Does the grand inquisitor need to guard his motives for arresting prisoners? Why and how might he guard them?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)