Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the grand inquisitor say man prefers death?
2. What does Ivan say he wishes for his life?
3. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say is more powerful than the banner of bread?
5. What doesn't Alyosha believe?
Essay Topic 1
What does Alyosha think about the grand inquisitor's behavior? Why might he be confused about it? What does it mean when he asks if the story is fantasy? Why does Ivan say it doesn't matter if the grand inquisitor had mistaken Jesus' Identity.?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the grand inquisitor let Jesus go after promising to kill him? Why does Jesus kiss the Grand Inquisitor? Is the release of Jesus a result of the kiss? Does the grand inquisitor change his mind at the end of the story or continue to believe as he did.?
Essay Topic 3
Is the grand inquisitor's motivation to help the prisoner? Does he care about the prisoner or have any sympathy for him? What is his motivation in arresting the prisoner? Why does he come to the prisoner's cell and why does he come secretly at night?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)