|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyosha accuse the inquisitor of?
2. Who does the grand inquisitor say is blameless?
3. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus did to spirituality?
5. What is the significance of the Tower of Babel?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the crowd's behavior change toward Jesus, once the grandinquisitor appears? Identify how the crowd is feeling before Jesus is arrested. Do their feelings change, or just their behavior? What is their opinion of the grand inquisitor?
Essay Topic 2
How is the church in this story deceiving the people? Are they working truly in the people's best interest?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the grand inquisitor ascribe so much value to the questions of temptation asked Jesus? What is the importance of the questions?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)