|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
2. Why does the inquisitor say the people will allow their tower to be finished?
3. What changes in himself does the grand inquisitor confess?
4. Why does the cardinal think that the church will appear to be gods?
5. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the relationship between the Ivan and Alyosha, do they agree with each other's thinking? Is there love and respect between the brothers?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the grand inquisitor say that man is afraid of conscience? How could this conscience be seized? How could it be used by the church if they came to control it as predicted by the grand inquisitor?
Essay Topic 3
How is the church in this story deceiving the people? Are they working truly in the people's best interest?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)