|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes in himself does the grand inquisitor confess?
(a) He used to be an atheist.
(b) He once believed in Jesus' teachings.
(c) He thought Jesus was wrong.
(d) He used to want power over all.
2. Why is there still doubt as to the truth of Jesus' divinity?
(a) He refused to prove it.
(b) The church has destroyed faith.
(c) Man is naturally sketptical.
(d) People are afraid to have faith.
3. What does the cardinal think will lead man away from Jesus?
(a) Worrying about the future.
(b) Having physical comfort.
(c) Not having enough bread.
(d) Increased spiritual thinking.
4. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
(a) The church.
(c) The great scientists and thinkers.
(d) No one.
5. How does the church create a unified body of worship?
(a) Using promises made by Jesus.
(c) Setting examples to be followed.
(d) Forcing its will on leaders and citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus did to spirituality?
2. What does Alyosha accuse Ivan of lacking?
3. What mystery does Ivan say is guarded?
4. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
5. What motivates the inquisitor besides a desire for power?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)