|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say people will destroy?
(a) The world.
(c) Jesus' temple.
(d) The prisons.
2. How does the cardinal say Jesus responded to the first question from the spirit?
(a) Ignoring the question.
(b) Saying man lives not by bread alone.
(c) Telling the spirt it is wrong.
(d) Calmly answering no.
3. Where do the people believe the church is leading them?
(a) To virtue and to heaven.
(b) Against the teachings of Jesus.
(c) To relieve them of their conscience.
(d) To submission.
4. What is a prediction given by the grand inquisitor about the future of the church?
(a) It will be destroyed by Jesus.
(b) It will soon crumble.
(c) The will have power over the state.
(d) It will last for eternity.
5. Who does the grand inquisitor say is blameless?
(a) Those who renounced Jesus.
(b) The spirit who tempted him.
(c) The church for seizing power.
(d) Jesus for refusing temptation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
2. According to the grand inquisitor, what will the be the church's view on freedom?
3. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
4. Why does the cardinal say the people would respect Jesus' power if he fed them?
5. What does the grand inquisitor think people need in addition to life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the grand inquisitor think people will follow the church?
2. Why does the grand inquisitor think men fear freedom?
3. What was the second temptation put to Jesus?
4. Why does Jesus deserve to be burned at the stake, according to the grand inquisitor?
5. According to the grand inquisitor, what would have happened if Jesus had changed the stones into bread?
6. What similarity is drawn about Catholics and Masons?
7. Why does Ivan say Catholics don't like Masons?
8. How does the grand inquisitor justify lying to people about Jesus and religion?
9. Why does the grand inquisitor say Jesus refused in the second temptation?
10. What does the grand inquisitor think man's rebellious nature will lead to?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)