|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
(a) To releive them of the burden of freedom.
(b) it is wise for them to do so.
(c) Freedom can not exist.
(d) It is the only way they can find food.
2. What does Alyosha accuse Ivan of lacking?
(c) Belief in Jesus.
(d) Attention to the truth.
3. What does Ivan say must exist among the clergy?
(a) A man unlike the inquisitor.
(b) Hope and love.
(c) One believer in the church's mission.
(d) Jesus in disguise.
4. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
(a) It won't be finished.
(b) It will crumble.
(c) The church will destroy it.
(d) Jesus will finish it.
5. How does the grand inquisitor justify people turning their backs?
(a) He points at advances in science.
(b) His says misery increased and Christ was not around.
(c) He knows they are afraid of freedom.
(d) He says he would have done the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the people believe the church is leading them?
2. How does the cardinal say Jesus responded to the first question from the spirit?
3. What does the Cardinal say would happen if Jesus turned stones into bread?
4. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus wishes from people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the grand inquisitor say the freedom Jesus gives people is cruel?
2. Why does Ivan say Catholics don't like Masons?
3. Why does Jesus kiss the grand inquisitor?
4. Why does the grand inquisitor accuse Jesus of only caring for the strong?
5. Why does the grand inquisitor say the clergy will suffer?
6. What similarity is drawn about Catholics and Masons?
7. How will the church finish the Tower of Babel that man has built?
8. Why does the grand inquisitor value the weak?
9. What do the people believe the clergy is doing for them?
10. How does the grand inquisitor predict man will feel about his loss of freedom?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)