|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say the church has done to Jesus' work?
(a) Corrected his work.
(b) Finished his work.
(c) Helped his work to completion.
(d) Brought his work to the masses.
2. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
(a) They have denied them as Jesus did.
(b) the have forgotten there nature.
(c) They have accepted them.
(d) they have considered them philosophically.
3. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
(a) They will know it is against Jesus' word.
(b) It is in Jesus' name.
(c) It will be truthful and holy.
(d) They will expect Jesus' approval.
4. What does the inquisitor accuse Jesus of?
(a) Being blind to the truth.
(b) Caring only for the strong.
(c) Thinking sinful thoughts.
(d) Faking his sympathy.
5. Why does the grand inquisitor say that Jesus didn't love people at all?
(a) He taught them the truth.
(b) He gave them hope.
(c) He enslaved them.
(d) He gave them freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the church create a unified body of worship?
2. What did the grand inquisitor believe when he was younger?
3. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
4. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
5. How does the grand inquisitor justify people turning their backs?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)