|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say people will destroy?
(a) The prisons.
(b) Jesus' temple.
(d) The world.
2. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
(a) It is the only way they can find food.
(b) Freedom can not exist.
(c) it is wise for them to do so.
(d) To releive them of the burden of freedom.
3. How does the grand inquisitor justify people turning their backs?
(a) He points at advances in science.
(b) He says he would have done the same.
(c) He knows they are afraid of freedom.
(d) His says misery increased and Christ was not around.
4. Where do the people believe the church is leading them?
(a) To virtue and to heaven.
(b) To relieve them of their conscience.
(c) Against the teachings of Jesus.
(d) To submission.
5. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
(a) They are not smart enough.
(b) They can't understand it.
(c) It too difficult for them.
(d) They hate all decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
2. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
3. What is the first question the spirit asks Jesus?
4. How long does the grand inquisitor say it had been since the church followed Jesus' teachings?
5. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the church's work founded on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the grand inquisitor justify lying to people about Jesus and religion?
2. Who does the church follow instead of Jesus?
3. Why does the grand inquisitor say the clergy will suffer?
4. How is the church giving people their freedom?
5. Why does Ivan say Catholics don't like Masons?
6. Why does the grand inquisitor think people will follow the church?
7. What was the second temptation put to Jesus?
8. Why does the grand inquisitor say have Jesus followers left him?
9. Why does the grand inquisitor accuse Jesus of only caring for the strong?
10. Why does the grand inquisitor say the freedom Jesus gives people is cruel?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)