|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
(a) Jesus does not beileve in temptation.
(b) The church forces theirs on people.
(c) Jesus doesn't want people to believe in his.
(d) The church wants people to be free.
2. Why does Ivan say the inquisitor suffers?
(a) The church is deceitful.
(b) He has no faith in god.
(c) He thinks Jesus' teachings are incorrect.
(d) He believes in god despite his behavior.
3. How is the world divided according to the grand inquisitor?
(a) Into the holy and unholy.
(b) Into those who believe, wonder and disbelieve.
(c) Followers of Jesus and followers of the church.
(d) By class and ethnicity.
4. Why does the grand inquisitor say that Jesus didn't love people at all?
(a) He gave them hope.
(b) He gave them freedom.
(c) He enslaved them.
(d) He taught them the truth.
5. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
(a) Teach them his ways.
(b) Give them freedom.
(c) Establish his authority.
(d) Forgive all sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
2. What is the third thing Jesus is tempted with?
3. Where do the people believe the church is leading them?
4. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say the church has done to Jesus' work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the grand inquisitor justify lying to people about Jesus and religion?
2. Why does the grand inquisitor say the freedom Jesus gives people is cruel?
3. Why does the grand inquisitor value the weak?
4. What does the grand inquisitor think man's rebellious nature will lead to?
5. How will the church finish the Tower of Babel that man has built?
6. What was the third temptation of Jesus by the spirit in the wilderness?
7. Why does Jesus deserve to be burned at the stake, according to the grand inquisitor?
8. According to the grand inquisitor, what would have happened if Jesus had changed the stones into bread?
9. Why does Jesus kiss the grand inquisitor?
10. Why does the grand inquisitor think people will follow the church?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)