|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan say the inquisitor suffers?
(a) The church is deceitful.
(b) He has no faith in god.
(c) He believes in god despite his behavior.
(d) He thinks Jesus' teachings are incorrect.
2. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
(a) No one.
(b) The church.
(c) The great scientists and thinkers.
3. What does the inquisitor say will eventually happen?
(a) Everyone will learn the truth about god.
(b) Everyone will become free.
(c) People will reject the teachings of Jesus.
(d) People will reject the church.
4. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
(a) Forgive all sins.
(b) Give them freedom.
(c) Teach them his ways.
(d) Establish his authority.
5. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
(a) The church forces theirs on people.
(b) Jesus does not beileve in temptation.
(c) The church wants people to be free.
(d) Jesus doesn't want people to believe in his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Catholics detest Mason's, according to Ivan?
2. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
3. What does the grand inquisitor say is beyond the strength of man?
4. Why does the inquisitor say the people will allow their tower to be finished?
5. How does the grand inquisitor think Jesus created conscience?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)