|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the grand inquisitor think Jesus created conscience?
(a) Living selflessly.
(b) In his interactions with students.
(c) Teaching man through example.
(d) By not proving his identity.
2. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
(a) It won't be finished.
(b) The church will destroy it.
(c) It will crumble.
(d) Jesus will finish it.
3. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus did to spirituality?
(a) Saved it from destruction.
(b) Burdened it with suffering.
(c) Protected it from the church.
(d) Created it in his actions.
4. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
(a) They will expect Jesus' approval.
(b) It is in Jesus' name.
(c) They will know it is against Jesus' word.
(d) It will be truthful and holy.
5. What does Ivan say he wishes for his life?
(a) To live forever.
(b) To overthrow the church.
(c) To live to thirty and then die.
(d) To be and old wise man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the grand inquisitor change his mind about religion?
2. How does the grand inquisitor justify people turning their backs?
3. How long does the grand inquisitor say it had been since the church followed Jesus' teachings?
4. What is the significance of the Tower of Babel?
5. Why does the cardinal say the clergy keeps silent about the true nature of their power?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)