Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A condmened man.
(b) The Inquisitor.
(c) A dead girl.
(d) A blind man.
2. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
(a) Their importance.
(b) How they would be answered.
(c) Their truth.
(d) Their prophetic nature.
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
(b) He asks Jesus.
(c) He touches Jesus clothes.
(d) He grabs Jesus hand.
4. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
(a) He helps a man escape torture.
(b) He brings a girl back to life.
(c) He forgives a woman's sins.
(d) He allows a blind man to see.
5. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
2. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
3. What does the inquisitor say man can not understand?
4. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor believe about people's freedom?
2. What similarity is drawn about Catholics and Masons?
3. What does Alyosha agree about Ivan's story?
4. Why does the clergy deceive the people?
5. Why were the cardinals, the king and his court, the knights, and the whole population of Seville at the auto de fe?
6. What is the "new heresy" Ivan refers to in the "north of Germany?"
7. How does the little girl feel when she comes back to life?
8. Why does God find it hard to spare the sinners in hell despite Our Lady's pleas for mercy?
9. What happened the day before to 100 people declared as heretics?
10. Why does the grand inquisitor value the weak?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)