|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
(a) For freedom to worship.
(b) For common worship.
(c) To preserve the church.
(d) For honor and power.
2. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Fall at his feet.
(b) Crowd around him.
(c) Ask him to heal them.
(d) Run away.
3. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
(a) More factual details.
(b) A quotation from scripture.
(c) A judgement about of man's nature.
(d) Ideas about modern science.
4. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) She sees him from afar.
(b) She doesn't ask.
(c) The crowd tells her to.
(d) The priest tells her to.
5. What does the grand inquisitor say the church has done to Jesus' work?
(a) Finished his work.
(b) Brought his work to the masses.
(c) Corrected his work.
(d) Helped his work to completion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the cardinal think Jesus wouldn't feed the world?
2. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
3. What does the inquisitor accuse Jesus of?
4. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
5. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)