|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Jesus refusal to take power in the world?
(a) The church needs to take power.
(b) Jesus will be eventually forgotten.
(c) The world is divided according to faith.
(d) The world has no freedom.
2. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
(a) Write down his words.
(b) Ask him for freedom.
(c) Elect him Grand Inquisitor.
(d) Shout, "it is He."
3. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(b) St. Petersburg.
4. What is the "auto de fe"?
(a) Public ceremony of punishment.
(b) The return of Jesus.
(c) A church holliday.
(d) A famous battle.
5. What does Alyosha think the Inquisition's secret aim is?
(a) Finding the truth.
(b) Power and control.
(c) Helping the weak.
(d) Spreading the word of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
2. What does the inquisitor say people will destroy?
3. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
4. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
5. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)