|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say is more powerful than the banner of bread?
(a) Possession of the conscience.
(b) Eternal love.
(c) Providing food and shelter.
(d) The church and the Inquistion.
2. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
(a) He thinks he has better ones.
(b) He thinks they are too hard.
(c) He is confused by them.
(d) He thinks they are wise.
3. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The king.
(b) His assistants.
(c) Two princes.
(d) The bishops.
4. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
(a) A man's sight being restored.
(b) A man asking to be healed.
(c) A girl coming back to life.
(d) Jesus appearing.
5. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
(a) The king.
(b) The woman from the crowd.
(c) The girl he healed.
(d) The cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
2. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
3. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
4. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
5. Why does Ivan say the inquisitor suffers?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)