|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan say must exist among the clergy?
(a) Jesus in disguise.
(b) Hope and love.
(c) One believer in the church's mission.
(d) A man unlike the inquisitor.
2. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
(a) Asks him his identity.
(b) Walks toward him.
(c) Introduces himself.
(d) Gazes at him for a long time.
3. What does the inquisitor accuse Jesus of?
(a) Thinking sinful thoughts.
(b) Being blind to the truth.
(c) Faking his sympathy.
(d) Caring only for the strong.
4. How does Ivan describe the prison?
5. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
(a) Throws himself at his feet.
(b) Puts her hands to her heart.
(c) Gently looks at him.
(d) Kneels gently down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
2. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
3. Where is the prison?
4. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
5. What does the inquisitor say people will build?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)