|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
(a) Alyosha's Dreams.
(b) Scattered legends.
(c) Star Constellations.
2. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
(a) He orders them on their knees.
(b) He tells the guards to arrest them.
(c) They hope he will reward them.
(d) They know he is powerful.
3. Why does the grand inquisitor ask the prisoner to imagine the questions were forgotten?
(a) So he would eventually forget them.
(b) So he could imagine their recreation.
(c) So he could invent better ones.
(d) So he could accept new ones.
4. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
(b) The great scientists and thinkers.
(c) The church.
(d) No one.
5. Why does Alyosha accuse Ivan of being a Mason?
(a) He seems greedy for power.
(b) He is against the Inquisition.
(c) He seems to believe in a mystery behind religion.
(d) He seeks to overthrow the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the grand inquisitor believe when he was younger?
2. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
3. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
4. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
5. Why does the cardinal think that the church will appear to be gods?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)