|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan describe the prison?
2. How does the inquisitor equate the clergy and Jesus himself?
(a) They both made sacrifices.
(b) They both love the weak.
(c) They both love the strong.
(d) They are both powerfull.
3. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
(b) Stop sinning.
(d) Be appeased.
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
(a) Jesus does not beileve in temptation.
(b) The church wants people to be free.
(c) The church forces theirs on people.
(d) Jesus doesn't want people to believe in his.
5. Why do Catholics detest Mason's, according to Ivan?
(a) The masons are too greedy.
(b) They break up the unity of conformity.
(c) Catholics believe in Jesus.
(d) Masons believe in mystery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus wishes from people?
2. What does the inquisitor say will eventually happen?
3. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
4. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
5. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)