|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(a) Jumps out of the coffin.
(b) Looks at flowers.
2. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
(a) Divine Comedy.
(b) Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie.
(c) The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell.
(d) Les Misérables.
3. What is the first question the spirit asks Jesus?
(a) If he will turn rocks into bread.
(b) If he will jump from a deadly height.
(c) If he will heal the sick.
(d) If he wants to become all powerful.
4. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) On the steps of the cathedral.
(b) Across from the cemetery.
(c) In the street.
(d) At the market.
5. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
(b) Understand the three questions.
(c) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
(d) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
2. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
3. In the Inquisition, what happens of one disagrees with the church?
4. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
5. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)