|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who come in contact with him.
(b) All who ask him.
(c) All who pray.
(d) All who he loves.
2. Why do Catholics detest Mason's, according to Ivan?
(a) They break up the unity of conformity.
(b) Masons believe in mystery.
(c) Catholics believe in Jesus.
(d) The masons are too greedy.
3. How long does the grand inquisitor say it had been since the church followed Jesus' teachings?
(a) Since the 13th century.
(b) 800 years.
(c) Since the death of Caesar.
4. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
(a) they have considered them philosophically.
(b) They have accepted them.
(c) They have denied them as Jesus did.
(d) the have forgotten there nature.
5. What does Alyosha accuse Ivan of lacking?
(c) Belief in Jesus.
(d) Attention to the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
2. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
3. What is a prediction given by the grand inquisitor about the future of the church?
4. Why does the inquisitor say people won't need Jesus?
5. What did the grand inquisitor believe when he was younger?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)