|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
(a) Ask him for freedom.
(b) Shout, "it is He."
(c) Write down his words.
(d) Elect him Grand Inquisitor.
2. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
(a) Ideas about modern science.
(b) More factual details.
(c) A quotation from scripture.
(d) A judgement about of man's nature.
3. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) The archangel Michael.
(d) John the Baptist.
4. What character is speaking when the story begins?
(b) The grand inquisitor.
(d) The narrator.
5. Who will continue to suffer if the church becomes all powerful?
(b) Those who believe in truth.
(c) The clergy.
(d) The people of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
2. How does the grand inquisitor think Jesus created conscience?
3. What does the inquisitor ask the prisoner to judge?
4. How long does the grand inquisitor say it had been since the church followed Jesus' teachings?
5. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)