|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the grand inquisitor say man prefers death?
(a) Loving all equally.
(d) Knowing right and wrong.
2. How does the prisoner look at the grand inquisitor when he is being accused in his cell?
3. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
(b) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
(c) Understand the three questions.
(d) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what will the be the church's view on freedom?
(a) They will want it for all.
(b) They will know they have abolished it.
(c) It will be publicly banned.
(d) They will think they are responsible for everyone's freedom.
5. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
(a) The energy created by it.
(b) Jesus' response.
(c) The spirit's reaction.
(d) The three questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people react to the guards seizing the prisoner from their midst?
2. Why is there still doubt as to the truth of Jesus' divinity?
3. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
4. How does the grand inquisitor think Jesus created conscience?
5. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)