|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is similar about Catholics and Masons, according to Ivan?
(a) They want to stop the Inquisition.
(b) They have secret philosophies.
(c) They both elect officials.
(d) They believe in freedom.
2. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
(a) Healing people delays their journey to heaven.
(b) Jesus' teachings are not true.
(c) Jesus will punish the sinners.
(d) Anything Jesus does will be seen as a miracle, and will rob people of their ability to choose to follow him.
3. Why does the cardinal say the clergy keeps silent about the true nature of their power?
(a) To keep control.
(b) Out of love for humanity.
(c) To deceive the weak.
(d) To protect the strong.
4. What does Alyosha think the Inquisition's secret aim is?
(a) Helping the weak.
(b) Finding the truth.
(c) Power and control.
(d) Spreading the word of Jesus.
5. What does the grand inquisitor think people need in addition to life?
(a) Freedom to make decisions.
(b) Jesus and the church.
(c) Something to live for.
(d) Someone to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the church declare upon finishing the temple?
2. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
3. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say accompanies faith?
5. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)