|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the prison?
(a) In the palace.
(b) Near the market.
(c) In the basement of the catherdral.
(d) Outside of town.
2. How does the prisoner look at the grand inquisitor when he is being accused in his cell?
3. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To the cardinal's chamber.
(b) To the cathedral.
(c) To the prison.
(d) To a secret location outside of town.
4. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A condmened man.
(b) A dead girl.
(c) The Inquisitor.
(d) A blind man.
5. Why will they/he continue to suffer?
(a) They do not want the power they have.
(b) They will know the burden of freedom of thought.
(c) They are disturbed by their deception.
(d) They do not believe in heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the Tower of Babel?
2. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
3. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
4. What did the grand inquisitor believe when he was younger?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say the church must do for the people?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)