|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the inquisitor equate the clergy and Jesus himself?
(a) They both love the strong.
(b) They both love the weak.
(c) They are both powerfull.
(d) They both made sacrifices.
2. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
(a) He is confused by them.
(b) He thinks he has better ones.
(c) He thinks they are wise.
(d) He thinks they are too hard.
3. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
(a) He doesn't beleive people want bread.
(b) He thinks spritual wealth is more important.
(c) Man can not live on bread alone.
(d) Someone could come along and seize the conscience of humanity.
4. In the Inquisition, what happens of one disagrees with the church?
(a) They are shown Jesus teachings.
(b) They can be punished.
(c) The church is unconcerened.
(d) They are accepted anyway.
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He appears unobserved.
(b) He holds out his hands.
(c) He heals a blind man.
(d) He walks into a crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the church's work founded on?
2. Why does the inquisitor say people won't need Jesus?
3. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
4. Who will continue to suffer if the church becomes all powerful?
5. How long does the grand inquisitor say it had been since the church followed Jesus' teachings?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)