|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the grand inquisitor say that Jesus didn't love people at all?
(a) He gave them hope.
(b) He enslaved them.
(c) He taught them the truth.
(d) He gave them freedom.
2. Who does the grand inquisitor say is blameless?
(a) The church for seizing power.
(b) Those who renounced Jesus.
(c) Jesus for refusing temptation.
(d) The spirit who tempted him.
3. Why is there still doubt as to the truth of Jesus' divinity?
(a) The church has destroyed faith.
(b) Man is naturally sketptical.
(c) He refused to prove it.
(d) People are afraid to have faith.
4. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
(b) Travelers on the road.
(c) The people of Seville.
(d) A spirit.
5. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
(a) The devil.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The grand inquisitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the cardinal?
2. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
3. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
4. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
5. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)