|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
(a) Trying to get him fired.
(b) Focusing religious attention on himself.
(c) Asking him too many questions.
(d) Protesting for religous freedom.
2. What does the inquisitor say people will destroy?
(b) The world.
(c) Jesus' temple.
(d) The prisons.
3. How does the cardinal''s face look?
(c) Calm but judicious
4. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) On a holiday.
(b) Researching scripture.
(c) Training bishops for service.
(d) Presiding over the auto de fe.
5. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) At the market.
(c) On the steps of the cathedral.
(d) Across from the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
2. What character is speaking when the story begins?
3. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
4. How does the cardinal think the prisoner would hinder his work?
5. Why does the cardinal think that the church will appear to be gods?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)