|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The "holy guard."
(c) The queen.
(d) His assistants.
2. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) Victor Hugo.
3. Why is there still doubt as to the truth of Jesus' divinity?
(a) The church has destroyed faith.
(b) Man is naturally sketptical.
(c) People are afraid to have faith.
(d) He refused to prove it.
4. What is the "auto de fe"?
(a) Public ceremony of punishment.
(b) A famous battle.
(c) A church holliday.
(d) The return of Jesus.
5. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
(a) Gazes at him for a long time.
(b) Introduces himself.
(c) Walks toward him.
(d) Asks him his identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
2. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
3. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
4. Why does the cardinal think Jesus wouldn't feed the world?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say accompanies faith?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)