|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the grand inquisitor say is blameless?
(a) Those who renounced Jesus.
(b) Jesus for refusing temptation.
(c) The church for seizing power.
(d) The spirit who tempted him.
2. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He heals a blind man.
(b) He walks into a crowd.
(c) He holds out his hands.
(d) He appears unobserved.
3. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
(a) He was performing his public duties.
(b) His other clothes were dirty.
(c) He was on vacation.
(d) He changes clothes everyday.
4. Why does Ivan say the inquisitor suffers?
(a) The church is deceitful.
(b) He believes in god despite his behavior.
(c) He thinks Jesus' teachings are incorrect.
(d) He has no faith in god.
5. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
(a) Freedom can not exist.
(b) it is wise for them to do so.
(c) To releive them of the burden of freedom.
(d) It is the only way they can find food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the cardinal think that the church will appear to be gods?
2. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
3. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
4. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
5. What is the "auto de fe"?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)