|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the grand inquisitor say it had been since the church followed Jesus' teachings?
(a) Since the death of Caesar.
(b) Since the 13th century.
(d) 800 years.
2. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
(b) He grabs Jesus hand.
(c) He asks Jesus.
(d) He touches Jesus clothes.
3. How does the cardinal''s face look?
(a) Calm but judicious
4. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
(a) Coming out of the church.
(b) Walking by the Seville Cathedral.
(c) In his house.
(d) Across from the market.
5. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
(a) 17th century.
(b) 18th century.
(c) 16th century.
(d) 15th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
2. Who does the grand inquisitor say the church follows?
3. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
4. In the Inquisition what are penances?
5. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)