|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
(a) Sin in man.
(b) The teachings of the church.
(c) His temptation by a spirt.
(d) The inquistion.
2. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
(a) Care for the weak.
(b) Understand freedom.
(c) Show compassion.
(d) Forgive sinners.
3. How do the people react to the guards seizing the prisoner from their midst?
(a) They make way for the guards.
(b) They fight to push the guards back.
(c) They beg them for mercy.
(d) They protest verbally but do not intervene.
4. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
(a) Silent and shadowy.
(b) Fearful and mysterious.
(c) Burning and breathless.
(d) Cool and windy.
5. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
(a) A spirit.
(b) Travelers on the road.
(c) The people of Seville.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
2. What does the grand inquisitor say happened to Jesus?
3. Where is the prison?
4. How does the church create a unified body of worship?
5. Why does the cardinal say the people would respect Jesus' power if he fed them?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)