|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
(a) Gorgeous cardinal's robes.
(b) An old monk's cassock.
(c) Uniform of the "holy guard."
(d) A funeral suit.
2. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
(a) He doesn't beleive people want bread.
(b) Man can not live on bread alone.
(c) Someone could come along and seize the conscience of humanity.
(d) He thinks spritual wealth is more important.
3. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
(a) Understand freedom.
(b) Show compassion.
(c) Care for the weak.
(d) Forgive sinners.
4. Where is the prison?
(a) Near the market.
(b) In the palace.
(c) Outside of town.
(d) In the basement of the catherdral.
5. What does Ivan say must exist among the clergy?
(a) Jesus in disguise.
(b) A man unlike the inquisitor.
(c) One believer in the church's mission.
(d) Hope and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Alyosha believe?
2. What is the significance of the Tower of Babel?
3. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
4. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
5. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)