|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will continue to suffer if the church becomes all powerful?
(a) The clergy.
(c) The people of the world.
(d) Those who believe in truth.
2. Why is there still doubt as to the truth of Jesus' divinity?
(a) The church has destroyed faith.
(b) He refused to prove it.
(c) People are afraid to have faith.
(d) Man is naturally sketptical.
3. What does the inquisitor predict the church will do when it achieves supreme authority?
(a) Make greater questions than those that tempted Jesus.
(b) Give freedom to all.
(c) Eliminate all misery.
(d) Finally understand Jesus temptation.
4. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
(a) Upon the return of Jesus.
(b) Before the time of Peter the Great.
(c) At the start of WWII.
(d) At the start of the Spanish Inquisition.
5. Why do Catholics detest Mason's, according to Ivan?
(a) Catholics believe in Jesus.
(b) Masons believe in mystery.
(c) They break up the unity of conformity.
(d) The masons are too greedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
2. Why does the cardinal think that the church will appear to be gods?
3. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
4. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
5. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)