|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the church declare upon finishing the temple?
(a) It should be celebrated.
(b) It is for the good of all men.
(c) It is built for truth.
(d) It is done in Jesus' name.
2. What is the first question the spirit asks Jesus?
(a) If he will jump from a deadly height.
(b) If he will turn rocks into bread.
(c) If he will heal the sick.
(d) If he wants to become all powerful.
3. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
(a) He puts it into he own words.
(b) He quotes the bible.
(c) He poses it to the prisoner.
(d) He makes a joke of it.
4. What does the cardinal think will lead man away from Jesus?
(a) Having physical comfort.
(b) Increased spiritual thinking.
(c) Worrying about the future.
(d) Not having enough bread.
5. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
(b) A spirit.
(c) The people of Seville.
(d) Travelers on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
2. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
3. How does the grand inquisitor justify people turning their backs?
4. What does the inquisitor say man can not understand?
5. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)