|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say the church has done to Jesus' work?
(a) Finished his work.
(b) Helped his work to completion.
(c) Brought his work to the masses.
(d) Corrected his work.
2. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
(a) The Crusades.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Protestant reformation.
(d) The Auto de Fe.
3. What does the inquisitor say man can not understand?
4. What is the third thing Jesus is tempted with?
(a) Seizing authority.
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) Having his own church.
(d) Eternal life.
5. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) She sees him from afar.
(b) The priest tells her to.
(c) The crowd tells her to.
(d) She doesn't ask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
2. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
3. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
4. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
5. Why does the inquisitor say the people will allow their tower to be finished?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)