|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor say the people will allow their tower to be finished?
(a) They want food.
(b) They will not believe in Jesus.
(c) They can't do it themselves.
(d) They need it to be completed.
2. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who pray.
(b) All who come in contact with him.
(c) All who ask him.
(d) All who he loves.
3. What is the third thing Jesus is tempted with?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Eternal life.
(c) Having his own church.
(d) Seizing authority.
4. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus did to spirituality?
(a) Protected it from the church.
(b) Saved it from destruction.
(c) Created it in his actions.
(d) Burdened it with suffering.
5. What does the inquisitor predict the church will do when it achieves supreme authority?
(a) Eliminate all misery.
(b) Give freedom to all.
(c) Finally understand Jesus temptation.
(d) Make greater questions than those that tempted Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
2. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
3. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
4. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
5. How does the church create a unified body of worship?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)