|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is not his final return.
(b) It is not really him.
(c) It is a vacation.
(d) He comes to Spain.
2. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
(a) He will be burned.
(b) He will be freed.
(c) He will have a chance to preach.
(d) He will remain in prison.
3. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Rewards for good deads
(b) Verses to memorize
(c) Punishments for sin
(d) Lessons to be practiced
4. Why does the grand inquisitor think man values more than bread?
(b) Someone to worship.
(c) Love and happiness.
5. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
(a) Asking for forgiveness.
(b) Proving his power to all.
(c) Seizing power.
(d) Healing the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
2. What does the cardinal think will lead man away from Jesus?
3. Why did the grand inquisitor change his mind about Jesus teachings?
4. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
5. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)