|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes in himself does the grand inquisitor confess?
(a) He used to want power over all.
(b) He used to be an atheist.
(c) He once believed in Jesus' teachings.
(d) He thought Jesus was wrong.
2. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is not really him.
(b) It is not his final return.
(c) He comes to Spain.
(d) It is a vacation.
3. Why does the cardinal think Jesus wouldn't feed the world?
(a) He thinks the must work for their food.
(b) He did not want to buy their obedience.
(c) He thinks he is selfish.
(d) He does not think them worthy.
4. Why does the cardinal say the clergy keeps silent about the true nature of their power?
(a) To deceive the weak.
(b) To protect the strong.
(c) Out of love for humanity.
(d) To keep control.
5. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
(a) His other clothes were dirty.
(b) He changes clothes everyday.
(c) He was performing his public duties.
(d) He was on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
2. What is hiding the dead girl?
3. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the church's work founded on?
4. What is the third thing Jesus is tempted with?
5. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)