|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
(a) They have denied them as Jesus did.
(b) the have forgotten there nature.
(c) They have accepted them.
(d) they have considered them philosophically.
2. What is the first question the spirit asks Jesus?
(a) If he will heal the sick.
(b) If he will jump from a deadly height.
(c) If he will turn rocks into bread.
(d) If he wants to become all powerful.
3. Why does the inquisitor think people will rise?
(a) Because they will not beleive in the church.
(b) They will want Jesus' power.
(c) They will need more food.
(d) Because Jesus can't control them.
4. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The "holy guard."
(b) His assistants.
(c) The queen.
5. What does the grand inquisitor say is beyond the strength of man?
(a) Being more powerful than the church.
(b) Understanding the engmatic.
(c) Escaping the Inquisition.
(d) Living as one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the grand inquisitor say the church follows?
2. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
3. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
4. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say the church must do for the people?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)