|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
(a) Freedom can not exist.
(b) To releive them of the burden of freedom.
(c) It is the only way they can find food.
(d) it is wise for them to do so.
2. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
(a) Someone could come along and seize the conscience of humanity.
(b) He thinks spritual wealth is more important.
(c) He doesn't beleive people want bread.
(d) Man can not live on bread alone.
3. What does the grand inquisitor predict will be the crowds reaction to Jesus' punishment?
(a) The will reluctantly accept it.
(b) They will be indifferent.
(c) The will help burn him.
(d) They will protest it.
4. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
(a) He pauses to question Alyosha.
(b) Alyosha has to leave.
(c) Alyosha asks a question.
(d) He gets tired.
5. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
(a) Asking him too many questions.
(b) Protesting for religous freedom.
(c) Focusing religious attention on himself.
(d) Trying to get him fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Inquisition what are penances?
2. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus wishes from people?
3. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
4. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
5. What is a prediction given by the grand inquisitor about the future of the church?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)