|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
(a) His assistants.
(c) The "holy guard."
(d) The queen.
2. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Lessons to be practiced
(b) Verses to memorize
(c) Punishments for sin
(d) Rewards for good deads
3. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
(a) His tale takes place at "the end of time."
(b) To stop the Inquisition.
(c) To appear for a moment as the people sunk in iniquity.
(d) Jesus is returning as he promised.
4. Why will they/he continue to suffer?
(a) They do not want the power they have.
(b) They are disturbed by their deception.
(c) They do not believe in heaven.
(d) They will know the burden of freedom of thought.
5. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
(b) Archangel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
2. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
3. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say accompanies faith?
5. What does the inquisitor say man can not understand?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)