|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what role does Jesus reject?
(a) Provider of food and shelter.
(b) Giver of wisdom.
(c) Silent wanderer.
(d) Aribiter of truth.
2. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Asks him for healing.
(b) Cries, "it is He."
(c) Elects him cardinal.
(d) Throws flowers at his feet.
3. Who will continue to suffer if the church becomes all powerful?
(a) The people of the world.
(b) Those who believe in truth.
(c) The clergy.
4. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
(a) Travelers on the road.
(b) A spirit.
(c) The people of Seville.
5. Why does the inquisitor say the people will allow their tower to be finished?
(a) They want food.
(b) They will not believe in Jesus.
(c) They can't do it themselves.
(d) They need it to be completed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
2. How does the cardinal''s face look?
3. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
4. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
5. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)