|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
(a) He poses it to the prisoner.
(b) He quotes the bible.
(c) He makes a joke of it.
(d) He puts it into he own words.
2. Who does the grand inquisitor say is blameless?
(a) The church for seizing power.
(b) Jesus for refusing temptation.
(c) Those who renounced Jesus.
(d) The spirit who tempted him.
3. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
(a) He thinks his old teachings are perfect.
(b) Jesus teachings are not true.
(c) It would undermine the church's authority.
(d) He doesn't believe in Jesus.
4. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
(a) A girl coming back to life.
(b) A man asking to be healed.
(c) A man's sight being restored.
(d) Jesus appearing.
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He walks into a crowd.
(b) He holds out his hands.
(c) He heals a blind man.
(d) He appears unobserved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
2. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
3. What is hiding the dead girl?
4. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
5. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)