|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people react to the guards seizing the prisoner from their midst?
(a) They make way for the guards.
(b) They fight to push the guards back.
(c) They protest verbally but do not intervene.
(d) They beg them for mercy.
2. Why does the inquisitor think people will rise?
(a) They will want Jesus' power.
(b) They will need more food.
(c) Because they will not beleive in the church.
(d) Because Jesus can't control them.
3. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
(a) To burn condemned people alive.
(b) To provide light every night for the proceedings.
(c) To cook feasts given in honor of God.
(d) To warm the court rooms.
4. Why must the church determine right and wrong for the people, according to the grand inquisitor?
(a) To save them from misery.
(b) To enslave them.
(c) To protect the the church.
(d) To maintain his authority.
5. Why does the inquisitor say the people will allow their tower to be finished?
(a) They want food.
(b) They can't do it themselves.
(c) They need it to be completed.
(d) They will not believe in Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
2. Why does the cardinal say the clergy keeps silent about the true nature of their power?
3. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
4. Why will they/he continue to suffer?
5. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)