|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the cardinal think Jesus wouldn't feed the world?
(a) He does not think them worthy.
(b) He thinks the must work for their food.
(c) He thinks he is selfish.
(d) He did not want to buy their obedience.
2. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
(a) Jesus' teachings are not true.
(b) Anything Jesus does will be seen as a miracle, and will rob people of their ability to choose to follow him.
(c) Jesus will punish the sinners.
(d) Healing people delays their journey to heaven.
3. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface.
(a) The devil.
(c) St. Peter.
4. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
(a) A quotation from scripture.
(b) More factual details.
(c) Ideas about modern science.
(d) A judgement about of man's nature.
5. Where is the prison?
(a) In the palace.
(b) Outside of town.
(c) Near the market.
(d) In the basement of the catherdral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
2. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
3. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the church's work founded on?
4. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
5. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)