|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
(a) Their prophetic nature.
(b) Their importance.
(c) Their truth.
(d) How they would be answered.
2. What does the inquisitor accuse Jesus of?
(a) Caring only for the strong.
(b) Being blind to the truth.
(c) Faking his sympathy.
(d) Thinking sinful thoughts.
3. Where is the prison?
(a) In the basement of the catherdral.
(b) Near the market.
(c) In the palace.
(d) Outside of town.
4. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) Across from the cemetery.
(c) At the market.
(d) On the steps of the cathedral.
5. Why does the cardinal say the clergy keeps silent about the true nature of their power?
(a) To keep control.
(b) Out of love for humanity.
(c) To deceive the weak.
(d) To protect the strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
2. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
3. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
4. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
5. How old is the cardinal?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)