|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes in himself does the grand inquisitor confess?
(a) He used to be an atheist.
(b) He thought Jesus was wrong.
(c) He used to want power over all.
(d) He once believed in Jesus' teachings.
2. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The cardinals.
(b) The pope.
(c) The knights.
(d) The king.
3. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Bless them.
(b) Preach a sermon.
(c) Demand their obedience.
(d) Explain his actions.
4. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
(a) Stop sinning.
(b) Be appeased.
5. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
(a) He will be burned.
(b) He will be freed.
(c) He will have a chance to preach.
(d) He will remain in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
2. What character is speaking when the story begins?
3. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say accompanies faith?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say is beyond the strength of man?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)