|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor think people will rise?
(a) Because Jesus can't control them.
(b) They will need more food.
(c) Because they will not beleive in the church.
(d) They will want Jesus' power.
2. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To the cardinal's chamber.
(c) To a secret location outside of town.
(d) To the cathedral.
3. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(c) Peter the Great.
(d) Victor Hugo.
4. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
(a) Why he tells the prisoner he was warned.
(b) Why he wants the prisoner killed.
(c) Why he thinks the prisoner is Jesus.
(d) Why he asks the prisoner why he has come.
5. What is the result of Jesus refusal to take power in the world?
(a) Jesus will be eventually forgotten.
(b) The world is divided according to faith.
(c) The world has no freedom.
(d) The church needs to take power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
2. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
3. Why does the cardinal think Jesus wouldn't feed the world?
4. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
5. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)