|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the prisoner look at the grand inquisitor when he is being accused in his cell?
2. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
(a) Why he asks the prisoner why he has come.
(b) Why he tells the prisoner he was warned.
(c) Why he wants the prisoner killed.
(d) Why he thinks the prisoner is Jesus.
3. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
(a) Give them freedom.
(b) Teach them his ways.
(c) Forgive all sins.
(d) Establish his authority.
4. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
(a) There was a mighty storm.
(b) He learned to survive.
(c) Jesus was tempted.
(d) The prisoner got lost.
5. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
(a) They know he is powerful.
(b) He tells the guards to arrest them.
(c) He orders them on their knees.
(d) They hope he will reward them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
2. How does Ivan describe the prison?
3. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
4. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say happened to Jesus?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)