|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say the church has done to Jesus' work?
(a) Corrected his work.
(b) Finished his work.
(c) Brought his work to the masses.
(d) Helped his work to completion.
2. What does the inquisitor say people will destroy?
(a) The world.
(b) Jesus' temple.
(c) The prisons.
3. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
(a) Teach them his ways.
(b) Forgive all sins.
(c) Establish his authority.
(d) Give them freedom.
4. In the Inquisition, what happens of one disagrees with the church?
(a) They are shown Jesus teachings.
(b) They are accepted anyway.
(c) The church is unconcerened.
(d) They can be punished.
5. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
(a) Without Jesus' physical presence, believer's needed to trust their hearts.
(b) The population stopped believing in Jesus.
(c) The population discarded science and replaced it with philosophy.
(d) People stopped trusting their feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
2. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
3. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
4. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
5. What is the "auto de fe"?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)