|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
(a) She thinks denial of heaven sufficent punishment.
(b) She believes in forgiveness for all.
(c) She wants to save her friends in hell.
(d) She is shocked at what she sees in hell.
2. Why does the inquisitor say people won't need Jesus?
(a) They will be able to feed themselves.
(b) They will have become wise.
(c) They won't want outside help.
(d) They won't need miracles.
3. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus wishes from people?
(a) To have them love him on their own.
(b) For them to treat each other as equals.
(c) For them to heal one another.
(d) For them to live as one.
4. Why does the cardinal think Jesus wouldn't feed the world?
(a) He does not think them worthy.
(b) He thinks the must work for their food.
(c) He did not want to buy their obedience.
(d) He thinks he is selfish.
5. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) The cardinal condemned burning.
(b) The grand inquisitor was not present.
(c) The king's court did not show up.
(d) Heretics were burnt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan describe the prison?
2. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
3. What does the grand inquisitor say the church must do for the people?
4. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
5. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)