|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
(a) No one.
(b) The great scientists and thinkers.
(d) The church.
2. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
(a) For honor and power.
(b) For common worship.
(c) For freedom to worship.
(d) To preserve the church.
3. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
(b) Star Constellations.
(c) Scattered legends.
(d) Alyosha's Dreams.
4. Why does the cardinal think that the church will appear to be gods?
(a) They will free the people from spiritual thought.
(b) They will preach God's word.
(c) They will perform miracles.
(d) They will have be all powerful.
5. Why does the grand inquisitor ask the prisoner to imagine the questions were forgotten?
(a) So he could invent better ones.
(b) So he would eventually forget them.
(c) So he could imagine their recreation.
(d) So he could accept new ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
2. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
3. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
4. How does the cardinal say Jesus responded to the first question from the spirit?
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)