|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
(a) It would undermine the church's authority.
(b) He thinks his old teachings are perfect.
(c) Jesus teachings are not true.
(d) He doesn't believe in Jesus.
2. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
(a) He will have a chance to preach.
(b) He will be freed.
(c) He will remain in prison.
(d) He will be burned.
3. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
(a) it is wise for them to do so.
(b) It is the only way they can find food.
(c) To releive them of the burden of freedom.
(d) Freedom can not exist.
4. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) The grand inquisitor was not present.
(b) Heretics were burnt.
(c) The cardinal condemned burning.
(d) The king's court did not show up.
5. What does the grand inquisitor predict will be the crowds reaction to Jesus' punishment?
(a) The will reluctantly accept it.
(b) They will be indifferent.
(c) They will protest it.
(d) The will help burn him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
2. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
3. How does the cardinal''s face look?
4. Where is the prison?
5. What does the inquisitor accuse Jesus of?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)