|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't the inquisitor say is brought to together by the spirit's questions to Jesus?
(a) Fact and imagination.
(b) The history of mankind afterward.
(c) The people's philosophy.
(d) Contradictions of human nature.
2. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
(a) Give them freedom.
(b) Forgive all sins.
(c) Establish his authority.
(d) Teach them his ways.
3. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
(a) Proving his power to all.
(b) Seizing power.
(c) Asking for forgiveness.
(d) Healing the world.
4. Why does the grand inquisitor think man values more than bread?
(b) Love and happiness.
(d) Someone to worship.
5. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
(a) It will crumble.
(b) Jesus will finish it.
(c) It won't be finished.
(d) The church will destroy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the cardinal?
2. How does the cardinal''s face look?
3. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
4. What does the cardinal think will lead man away from Jesus?
5. What does the inquisitor say will eventually happen?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)