|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say will eventually happen?
(a) People will reject the church.
(b) People will reject the teachings of Jesus.
(c) Everyone will become free.
(d) Everyone will learn the truth about god.
2. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
(a) He doesn't believe in Jesus.
(b) It would undermine the church's authority.
(c) He thinks his old teachings are perfect.
(d) Jesus teachings are not true.
3. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
(a) She wants to save her friends in hell.
(b) She is shocked at what she sees in hell.
(c) She thinks denial of heaven sufficent punishment.
(d) She believes in forgiveness for all.
4. What does the inquisitor say people will destroy?
(a) Jesus' temple.
(c) The world.
(d) The prisons.
5. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
2. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
3. What does the grand inquisitor say accompanies faith?
4. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
5. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)