|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
(a) At the start of WWII.
(b) Before the time of Peter the Great.
(c) At the start of the Spanish Inquisition.
(d) Upon the return of Jesus.
2. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
(a) She wants to save her friends in hell.
(b) She thinks denial of heaven sufficent punishment.
(c) She is shocked at what she sees in hell.
(d) She believes in forgiveness for all.
3. What does the grand inquisitor think people need in addition to life?
(a) Jesus and the church.
(b) Freedom to make decisions.
(c) Someone to love.
(d) Something to live for.
4. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who ask him.
(b) All who he loves.
(c) All who come in contact with him.
(d) All who pray.
5. Why does the cardinal say the people would respect Jesus' power if he fed them?
(a) They would be awed by his ability.
(b) They would be afraid he would stop.
(c) The would respect his kindness.
(d) They would appriciate his love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
2. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
3. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
4. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)