|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say the church has done to Jesus' work?
(a) Brought his work to the masses.
(b) Helped his work to completion.
(c) Finished his work.
(d) Corrected his work.
2. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
(a) To burn condemned people alive.
(b) To cook feasts given in honor of God.
(c) To provide light every night for the proceedings.
(d) To warm the court rooms.
3. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
(a) they have considered them philosophically.
(b) They have denied them as Jesus did.
(c) the have forgotten there nature.
(d) They have accepted them.
4. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Demand their obedience.
(b) Bless them.
(c) Explain his actions.
(d) Preach a sermon.
5. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
(a) Show compassion.
(b) Forgive sinners.
(c) Care for the weak.
(d) Understand freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
2. What does the grand inquisitor say is beyond the strength of man?
3. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the church's work founded on?
5. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)