|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
(a) An old monk's cassock.
(b) Gorgeous cardinal's robes.
(c) A funeral suit.
(d) Uniform of the "holy guard."
2. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) The Inquisitor.
(b) A condmened man.
(c) A dead girl.
(d) A blind man.
3. What is the first question the spirit asks Jesus?
(a) If he will jump from a deadly height.
(b) If he wants to become all powerful.
(c) If he will heal the sick.
(d) If he will turn rocks into bread.
4. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
(a) Writing poems is normal for those with "heavenly powers."
(b) Poetry gives heavenly powers to all listeners.
(c) It is common to use religious figures as characters in poetry.
(d) Poetry makes supernatural power commonplace.
5. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) Across from the cemetery.
(c) On the steps of the cathedral.
(d) At the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
2. What character is speaking when the story begins?
3. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
4. What does the inquisitor accuse Jesus of?
5. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)