|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
(a) His other clothes were dirty.
(b) He was performing his public duties.
(c) He changes clothes everyday.
(d) He was on vacation.
2. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who come in contact with him.
(b) All who he loves.
(c) All who ask him.
(d) All who pray.
3. Why does the grand inquisitor say that Jesus didn't love people at all?
(a) He taught them the truth.
(b) He gave them hope.
(c) He enslaved them.
(d) He gave them freedom.
4. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
(a) It too difficult for them.
(b) They can't understand it.
(c) They are not smart enough.
(d) They hate all decisions.
5. Why does the inquisitor say the people will allow their tower to be finished?
(a) They need it to be completed.
(b) They can't do it themselves.
(c) They want food.
(d) They will not believe in Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
2. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
3. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
4. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
5. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)