|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
(a) The try to free him.
(b) They bow down to the cardinal.
(c) They cheer the cardinal.
(d) The protest.
2. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
(a) The great scientists and thinkers.
(b) The church.
(c) No one.
3. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
(a) Their importance.
(b) Their truth.
(c) How they would be answered.
(d) Their prophetic nature.
4. How does the cardinal say Jesus responded to the first question from the spirit?
(a) Ignoring the question.
(b) Saying man lives not by bread alone.
(c) Calmly answering no.
(d) Telling the spirt it is wrong.
5. What is hiding the dead girl?
(b) A veil.
(d) The coffin lid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is speaking when the story begins?
2. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
3. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
4. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)