|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) A well-written introduction.
(b) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
(c) A preface explaining what literature is.
(d) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
2. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) The priest tells her to.
(b) She doesn't ask.
(c) She sees him from afar.
(d) The crowd tells her to.
3. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
(a) Asking him too many questions.
(b) Focusing religious attention on himself.
(c) Trying to get him fired.
(d) Protesting for religous freedom.
4. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
(a) There was a mighty storm.
(b) Jesus was tempted.
(c) He learned to survive.
(d) The prisoner got lost.
5. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
(a) He asks him to repeat someting.
(b) Asks Ivan why he wrote it.
(c) Asks him to explain something
(d) Asks what inspired it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the cardinal think that the church will appear to be gods?
2. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
4. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
5. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)