|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The devil.
(d) The grand inquisitor.
2. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
(b) A preface explaining what literature is.
(c) A well-written introduction.
(d) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
3. What does the grand inquisitor predict will be the crowds reaction to Jesus' punishment?
(a) The will reluctantly accept it.
(b) The will help burn him.
(c) They will protest it.
(d) They will be indifferent.
4. In the Inquisition, what happens of one disagrees with the church?
(a) They are accepted anyway.
(b) The church is unconcerened.
(c) They can be punished.
(d) They are shown Jesus teachings.
5. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(a) Looks at flowers.
(d) Jumps out of the coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
2. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
3. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
4. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
5. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)