|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
(a) Jesus' response.
(b) The three questions.
(c) The energy created by it.
(d) The spirit's reaction.
2. What does the inquisitor say people will destroy?
(a) The world.
(c) The prisons.
(d) Jesus' temple.
3. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He walks into a crowd.
(b) He appears unobserved.
(c) He holds out his hands.
(d) He heals a blind man.
4. What does the grand inquisitor say is beyond the strength of man?
(a) Understanding the engmatic.
(b) Being more powerful than the church.
(c) Living as one.
(d) Escaping the Inquisition.
5. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
(a) Asks Ivan why he wrote it.
(b) He asks him to repeat someting.
(c) Asks him to explain something
(d) Asks what inspired it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
2. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
3. Why does the grand inquisitor think man values more than bread?
4. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
5. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)