|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
(a) His face darkens and his eyebrows tense.
(b) He calls for his guards.
(c) He smiles mischeviously.
(d) He orders a man arrested.
2. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Lessons to be practiced
(b) Verses to memorize
(c) Punishments for sin
(d) Rewards for good deads
3. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
(a) Cool and windy.
(b) Burning and breathless.
(c) Fearful and mysterious.
(d) Silent and shadowy.
4. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
(a) Why he wants the prisoner killed.
(b) Why he asks the prisoner why he has come.
(c) Why he thinks the prisoner is Jesus.
(d) Why he tells the prisoner he was warned.
5. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) She sees him from afar.
(b) The crowd tells her to.
(c) The priest tells her to.
(d) She doesn't ask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hiding the dead girl?
2. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
3. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
4. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
5. Where is the prison?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)