|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The queen.
(c) His assistants.
(d) The "holy guard."
2. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
(a) Asks him to explain something
(b) Asks what inspired it.
(c) Asks Ivan why he wrote it.
(d) He asks him to repeat someting.
3. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) On a holiday.
(b) Researching scripture.
(c) Training bishops for service.
(d) Presiding over the auto de fe.
4. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface.
(b) The devil.
(c) St. Peter.
5. Why does the grand inquisitor ask the prisoner to imagine the questions were forgotten?
(a) So he would eventually forget them.
(b) So he could imagine their recreation.
(c) So he could accept new ones.
(d) So he could invent better ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "auto de fe"?
2. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
3. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
4. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
5. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)