|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
(c) Archangel Michael.
2. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
(b) A jury.
(c) The cardinal.
3. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
(a) To disperse the crowd.
(b) To protect him.
(c) To arrest a man.
(d) To order the crowd to be silent.
4. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
(a) He doesn't believe in Jesus.
(b) It would undermine the church's authority.
(c) He thinks his old teachings are perfect.
(d) Jesus teachings are not true.
5. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
(a) He brings a girl back to life.
(b) He forgives a woman's sins.
(c) He allows a blind man to see.
(d) He helps a man escape torture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
2. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
3. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
4. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
5. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)