|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
(a) He makes a joke of it.
(b) He puts it into he own words.
(c) He poses it to the prisoner.
(d) He quotes the bible.
2. How does the cardinal think the prisoner would hinder his work?
(a) Stopping the inquisition.
(b) Starting a separate inquisition.
(c) Runing for office.
(d) Adding more judges and courts.
3. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
(a) The girl he healed.
(b) The king.
(c) The cardinal.
(d) The woman from the crowd.
4. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Ask him his name.
(c) Lock him in a cell.
(d) Allow him to wash.
5. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The bishops.
(b) The king.
(c) Two princes.
(d) His assistants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
2. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
3. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
4. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)