|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) Victor Hugo.
2. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(c) St. Petersburg.
3. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The girl's sister.
(b) The crowd.
(c) The priest.
4. What character is speaking when the story begins?
(b) The grand inquisitor.
(d) The narrator.
5. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) Mercy for all those in hell.
(b) The history of the world.
(c) The life of Jesus.
(d) Forgiveness for "Our Lady."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
2. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
3. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
4. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
5. What does the inquisitor ask the prisoner to judge?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)