|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) He says sinners are evil and deserve punishment.
(b) He asks how it would be possible to forgive his son's tormentors.
(c) He asks what she would do if she were him.
(d) He explains how punishment teachers people to do good.
2. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
(a) He puts it into he own words.
(b) He quotes the bible.
(c) He poses it to the prisoner.
(d) He makes a joke of it.
3. What doesn't the inquisitor say is brought to together by the spirit's questions to Jesus?
(a) The people's philosophy.
(b) Fact and imagination.
(c) Contradictions of human nature.
(d) The history of mankind afterward.
4. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
(a) He tells the guards to arrest them.
(b) They know he is powerful.
(c) He orders them on their knees.
(d) They hope he will reward them.
5. How does the cardinal''s face look?
(d) Calm but judicious
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
2. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
3. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
4. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
5. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)