|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
(a) The Auto de Fe.
(b) The Protestant reformation.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The Crusades.
2. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
(a) Kneels gently down.
(b) Puts her hands to her heart.
(c) Throws himself at his feet.
(d) Gently looks at him.
3. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
(a) The devil.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The grand inquisitor.
4. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
(a) Why he tells the prisoner he was warned.
(b) Why he wants the prisoner killed.
(c) Why he thinks the prisoner is Jesus.
(d) Why he asks the prisoner why he has come.
5. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To the cardinal's chamber.
(b) To the cathedral.
(c) To a secret location outside of town.
(d) To the prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
2. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
3. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
4. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
5. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)