|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) John the Baptist.
(d) The archangel Michael.
2. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
(a) To provide light every night for the proceedings.
(b) To warm the court rooms.
(c) To cook feasts given in honor of God.
(d) To burn condemned people alive.
3. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(b) Jumps out of the coffin.
(c) Looks at flowers.
4. What does the inquisitor ask the prisoner to judge?
(a) If the inquisitor was right to judge him.
(b) If the cardinal had sinned.
(c) The cardinal's holliness.
(d) If the spirit who questioned him was right.
5. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
(a) He makes a joke of it.
(b) He quotes the bible.
(c) He poses it to the prisoner.
(d) He puts it into he own words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
2. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
3. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
4. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
5. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)