|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the prisoner look at the grand inquisitor when he is being accused in his cell?
2. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
(a) More factual details.
(b) A judgement about of man's nature.
(c) Ideas about modern science.
(d) A quotation from scripture.
3. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
(a) His tale takes place at "the end of time."
(b) To stop the Inquisition.
(c) Jesus is returning as he promised.
(d) To appear for a moment as the people sunk in iniquity.
4. What is hiding the dead girl?
(a) A veil.
(d) The coffin lid.
5. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To a secret location outside of town.
(b) To the cathedral.
(c) To the cardinal's chamber.
(d) To the prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
2. What doesn't the inquisitor say is brought to together by the spirit's questions to Jesus?
3. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
4. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
5. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)