|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
(a) Trying to get him fired.
(b) Focusing religious attention on himself.
(c) Protesting for religous freedom.
(d) Asking him too many questions.
2. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The "holy guard."
(b) The queen.
(c) His assistants.
3. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
(a) His tale takes place at "the end of time."
(b) To appear for a moment as the people sunk in iniquity.
(c) Jesus is returning as he promised.
(d) To stop the Inquisition.
4. What character is speaking when the story begins?
(a) The grand inquisitor.
(d) The narrator.
5. Where is the prison?
(a) In the basement of the catherdral.
(b) Outside of town.
(c) In the palace.
(d) Near the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
2. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
4. What is the "auto de fe"?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)