|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The king.
(b) The cardinals.
(c) The pope.
(d) The knights.
2. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) He asks what she would do if she were him.
(b) He explains how punishment teachers people to do good.
(c) He asks how it would be possible to forgive his son's tormentors.
(d) He says sinners are evil and deserve punishment.
3. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) At the market.
(c) Across from the cemetery.
(d) On the steps of the cathedral.
4. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
(a) At the start of WWII.
(b) Before the time of Peter the Great.
(c) At the start of the Spanish Inquisition.
(d) Upon the return of Jesus.
5. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
(a) Travelers on the road.
(c) The people of Seville.
(d) A spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
2. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
3. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
4. What does the grand inquisitor predict will be the crowds reaction to Jesus' punishment?
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)