|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the cardinal?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Slighty over eighty.
(c) Almost ninety.
2. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) He says sinners are evil and deserve punishment.
(b) He asks how it would be possible to forgive his son's tormentors.
(c) He asks what she would do if she were him.
(d) He explains how punishment teachers people to do good.
3. What doesn't the inquisitor say is brought to together by the spirit's questions to Jesus?
(a) The people's philosophy.
(b) Fact and imagination.
(c) The history of mankind afterward.
(d) Contradictions of human nature.
4. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
(a) Gently looks at him.
(b) Puts her hands to her heart.
(c) Kneels gently down.
(d) Throws himself at his feet.
5. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To the cardinal's chamber.
(b) To a secret location outside of town.
(c) To the prison.
(d) To the cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
2. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
3. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
4. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
5. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)