|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) On the steps of the cathedral.
(b) In the street.
(c) At the market.
(d) Across from the cemetery.
2. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
(b) A well-written introduction.
(c) A preface explaining what literature is.
(d) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
3. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who ask him.
(b) All who he loves.
(c) All who pray.
(d) All who come in contact with him.
4. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
(a) Our Lady.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Archangel Michael.
5. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
(a) He calls for his guards.
(b) He smiles mischeviously.
(c) He orders a man arrested.
(d) His face darkens and his eyebrows tense.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
2. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
3. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
4. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
5. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)