|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
(a) To stop the Inquisition.
(b) To appear for a moment as the people sunk in iniquity.
(c) Jesus is returning as he promised.
(d) His tale takes place at "the end of time."
2. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
(a) Silent and shadowy.
(b) Burning and breathless.
(c) Fearful and mysterious.
(d) Cool and windy.
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He asks Jesus.
(b) He touches Jesus clothes.
(c) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
(d) He grabs Jesus hand.
4. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(c) Victor Hugo.
5. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
(a) He will be burned.
(b) He will remain in prison.
(c) He will have a chance to preach.
(d) He will be freed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
2. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
3. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
4. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
5. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)