|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
(a) His other clothes were dirty.
(b) He was on vacation.
(c) He changes clothes everyday.
(d) He was performing his public duties.
2. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who he loves.
(b) All who pray.
(c) All who ask him.
(d) All who come in contact with him.
3. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
(a) Elect him Grand Inquisitor.
(b) Shout, "it is He."
(c) Write down his words.
(d) Ask him for freedom.
4. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
(a) 16th century.
(b) 15th century.
(c) 17th century.
(d) 18th century.
5. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
(a) He will have a chance to preach.
(b) He will be freed.
(c) He will remain in prison.
(d) He will be burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
2. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
3. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
4. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
5. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)