|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
(a) Ask him his name.
(b) Lock him in a cell.
(c) Allow him to wash.
(d) Feed him.
2. How do the people react to the guards seizing the prisoner from their midst?
(a) They fight to push the guards back.
(b) They beg them for mercy.
(c) They protest verbally but do not intervene.
(d) They make way for the guards.
3. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
(a) His other clothes were dirty.
(b) He was on vacation.
(c) He was performing his public duties.
(d) He changes clothes everyday.
4. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Understand the three questions.
(b) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
(c) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
(d) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
5. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Fall at his feet.
(b) Crowd around him.
(c) Ask him to heal them.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
2. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
3. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
4. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
5. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)