|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) The end of time.
(b) The return of Jesus.
(c) Jesus' eyes.
(d) The wrath of God.
2. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) The archangel Michael.
3. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
(a) To stop the Inquisition.
(b) To appear for a moment as the people sunk in iniquity.
(c) His tale takes place at "the end of time."
(d) Jesus is returning as he promised.
4. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
(a) They bow down to the cardinal.
(b) The protest.
(c) The try to free him.
(d) They cheer the cardinal.
5. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
(a) They know he is powerful.
(b) He tells the guards to arrest them.
(c) They hope he will reward them.
(d) He orders them on their knees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
2. How does the cardinal''s face look?
3. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
4. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
5. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)