|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Temptations of Christ.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the cardinal think the prisoner would hinder his work?
(a) Runing for office.
(b) Stopping the inquisition.
(c) Starting a separate inquisition.
(d) Adding more judges and courts.
2. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
(a) Cool and windy.
(b) Fearful and mysterious.
(c) Silent and shadowy.
(d) Burning and breathless.
3. How does Ivan describe the prison?
4. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
(a) He thinks it is very orignal.
(b) He would like to refine it more.
(c) He thinks its one of the best parts.
(d) He thinks it is funny.
5. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
(a) Asking him too many questions.
(b) Trying to get him fired.
(c) Focusing religious attention on himself.
(d) Protesting for religous freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
2. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
3. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
4. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
5. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)