|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
(a) People stopped trusting their feelings.
(b) The population discarded science and replaced it with philosophy.
(c) Without Jesus' physical presence, believer's needed to trust their hearts.
(d) The population stopped believing in Jesus.
2. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To a secret location outside of town.
(b) To the cardinal's chamber.
(c) To the cathedral.
(d) To the prison.
3. How do the people react to the guards seizing the prisoner from their midst?
(a) They fight to push the guards back.
(b) They beg them for mercy.
(c) They make way for the guards.
(d) They protest verbally but do not intervene.
4. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
(a) His face darkens and his eyebrows tense.
(b) He calls for his guards.
(c) He orders a man arrested.
(d) He smiles mischeviously.
5. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Preach a sermon.
(b) Explain his actions.
(c) Demand their obedience.
(d) Bless them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hiding the dead girl?
2. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
3. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
4. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
5. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)