|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is not really him.
(b) It is not his final return.
(c) He comes to Spain.
(d) It is a vacation.
2. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
(a) Fearful and mysterious.
(b) Burning and breathless.
(c) Cool and windy.
(d) Silent and shadowy.
3. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
(b) A light.
(c) A Bible.
4. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Fall at his feet.
(b) Crowd around him.
(c) Ask him to heal them.
(d) Run away.
5. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The knights.
(b) The king.
(c) The pope.
(d) The cardinals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
2. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
3. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
4. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
5. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)