|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
(a) The cardinal.
(b) A jury.
2. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Rewards for good deads
(b) Lessons to be practiced
(c) Punishments for sin
(d) Verses to memorize
3. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Throws flowers at his feet.
(b) Cries, "it is He."
(c) Elects him cardinal.
(d) Asks him for healing.
4. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) John the Baptist.
(d) The archangel Michael.
5. What is hiding the dead girl?
(b) A veil.
(d) The coffin lid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
2. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
3. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
4. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
5. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)