|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) Peter the Great.
(d) Victor Hugo.
2. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) The devil.
(c) The grand inquisitor.
3. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
(a) She wants to save her friends in hell.
(b) She believes in forgiveness for all.
(c) She is shocked at what she sees in hell.
(d) She thinks denial of heaven sufficent punishment.
4. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
(a) Uniform of the "holy guard."
(b) An old monk's cassock.
(c) Gorgeous cardinal's robes.
(d) A funeral suit.
5. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
(a) They hope he will reward them.
(b) They know he is powerful.
(c) He tells the guards to arrest them.
(d) He orders them on their knees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
2. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
3. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
4. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
5. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)