|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(c) Virgin Mary.
(d) The Archangel Michael.
2. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
(a) She is shocked at what she sees in hell.
(b) She believes in forgiveness for all.
(c) She wants to save her friends in hell.
(d) She thinks denial of heaven sufficent punishment.
3. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
(a) A man's sight being restored.
(b) Jesus appearing.
(c) A girl coming back to life.
(d) A man asking to be healed.
4. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The queen.
(c) The "holy guard."
(d) His assistants.
5. How old is the cardinal?
(a) Slighty over eighty.
(b) One hundred.
(d) Almost ninety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
2. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
3. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
4. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
5. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)