|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
(a) A girl coming back to life.
(b) A man's sight being restored.
(c) Jesus appearing.
(d) A man asking to be healed.
2. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Heal a child.
(b) Preach a sermon.
(c) Heal a blind man.
(d) Appear in Seville.
3. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) Training bishops for service.
(b) Presiding over the auto de fe.
(c) Researching scripture.
(d) On a holiday.
4. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(c) Jumps out of the coffin.
(d) Looks at flowers.
5. How do the people react to the guards seizing the prisoner from their midst?
(a) They fight to push the guards back.
(b) They make way for the guards.
(c) They protest verbally but do not intervene.
(d) They beg them for mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
2. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
3. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
4. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
5. What is hiding the dead girl?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)