|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) He asks how it would be possible to forgive his son's tormentors.
(b) He says sinners are evil and deserve punishment.
(c) He asks what she would do if she were him.
(d) He explains how punishment teachers people to do good.
2. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A blind man.
(b) The Inquisitor.
(c) A condmened man.
(d) A dead girl.
3. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
(a) He forgives a woman's sins.
(b) He helps a man escape torture.
(c) He allows a blind man to see.
(d) He brings a girl back to life.
4. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
(a) They know he is powerful.
(b) He orders them on their knees.
(c) They hope he will reward them.
(d) He tells the guards to arrest them.
5. How does Ivan describe the prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
2. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
3. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
4. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
5. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)