|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The bishops.
(b) Two princes.
(c) His assistants.
(d) The king.
2. How does the cardinal''s face look?
(c) Calm but judicious
3. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(b) The crowd.
(c) The girl's sister.
(d) The priest.
4. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) The Archangel Michael.
(d) Virgin Mary.
5. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Demand their obedience.
(b) Preach a sermon.
(c) Bless them.
(d) Explain his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
2. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
3. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
4. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
5. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)