|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is speaking when the story begins?
(a) The grand inquisitor.
(b) The narrator.
2. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
(a) To protect him.
(b) To order the crowd to be silent.
(c) To disperse the crowd.
(d) To arrest a man.
3. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) John the Baptist.
(d) The archangel Michael.
4. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
(a) Allow him to wash.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Lock him in a cell.
(d) Ask him his name.
5. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(b) Looks at flowers.
(c) Jumps out of the coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
2. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
3. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
4. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
5. How old is the cardinal?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)