|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
(a) Poetry gives heavenly powers to all listeners.
(b) It is common to use religious figures as characters in poetry.
(c) Writing poems is normal for those with "heavenly powers."
(d) Poetry makes supernatural power commonplace.
2. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
(b) He touches Jesus clothes.
(c) He grabs Jesus hand.
(d) He asks Jesus.
3. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) Across from the cemetery.
(b) On the steps of the cathedral.
(c) In the street.
(d) At the market.
4. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) Jesus' eyes.
(b) The return of Jesus.
(c) The wrath of God.
(d) The end of time.
5. How does Ivan describe the prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
2. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
3. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
4. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)