|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A blind man.
(b) The Inquisitor.
(c) A condmened man.
(d) A dead girl.
2. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) The end of time.
(b) The return of Jesus.
(c) The wrath of God.
(d) Jesus' eyes.
3. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
(a) The population stopped believing in Jesus.
(b) The population discarded science and replaced it with philosophy.
(c) People stopped trusting their feelings.
(d) Without Jesus' physical presence, believer's needed to trust their hearts.
4. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
(b) A light.
(c) A Bible.
5. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
(b) The cardinal.
(d) A jury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
2. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
3. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
4. How does the cardinal''s face look?
5. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)