|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
(a) The try to free him.
(b) They cheer the cardinal.
(c) They bow down to the cardinal.
(d) The protest.
2. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Demand their obedience.
(b) Explain his actions.
(c) Preach a sermon.
(d) Bless them.
3. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
(a) The cardinal.
(c) A jury.
4. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(b) Jumps out of the coffin.
(c) Looks at flowers.
5. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
(a) The devil.
(c) The grand inquisitor.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
2. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
3. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
4. How old is the cardinal?
5. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)