|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
(a) The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell.
(b) Divine Comedy.
(c) Les Misérables.
(d) Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie.
2. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
(b) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
(c) A well-written introduction.
(d) A preface explaining what literature is.
3. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
(b) A jury.
(c) The cardinal.
4. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Explain his actions.
(b) Demand their obedience.
(c) Bless them.
(d) Preach a sermon.
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He grabs Jesus hand.
(b) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
(c) He asks Jesus.
(d) He touches Jesus clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Inquisition what are penances?
2. What is hiding the dead girl?
3. How does Ivan describe the prison?
4. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
5. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)