|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(a) Looks at flowers.
(b) Jumps out of the coffin.
2. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) A preface explaining what literature is.
(b) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
(c) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
(d) A well-written introduction.
3. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
(a) Burning and breathless.
(b) Fearful and mysterious.
(c) Cool and windy.
(d) Silent and shadowy.
4. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
(a) The girl he healed.
(b) The woman from the crowd.
(c) The king.
(d) The cardinal.
5. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) Across from the cemetery.
(c) On the steps of the cathedral.
(d) At the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ivan, did Jesus have any physical presence on earth in the 16th Century?
2. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
3. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
4. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
5. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)