|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) The end of time.
(b) The return of Jesus.
(c) The wrath of God.
(d) Jesus' eyes.
2. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
(a) To order the crowd to be silent.
(b) To arrest a man.
(c) To protect him.
(d) To disperse the crowd.
3. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
(a) Star Constellations.
(b) Alyosha's Dreams.
(c) Scattered legends.
4. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
(a) Uniform of the "holy guard."
(b) A funeral suit.
(c) Gorgeous cardinal's robes.
(d) An old monk's cassock.
5. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
(b) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
(c) A preface explaining what literature is.
(d) A well-written introduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
2. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
3. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
4. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. How old is the cardinal?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)