|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The girl's sister.
(b) The crowd.
(c) The priest.
2. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
(b) The cardinal.
(d) A jury.
3. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The cardinals.
(b) The king.
(c) The pope.
(d) The knights.
4. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) Forgiveness for "Our Lady."
(b) Mercy for all those in hell.
(c) The history of the world.
(d) The life of Jesus.
5. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
(a) She believes in forgiveness for all.
(b) She thinks denial of heaven sufficent punishment.
(c) She wants to save her friends in hell.
(d) She is shocked at what she sees in hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "auto de fe"?
2. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
3. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
4. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
5. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)