|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
(a) The Archangel Michael.
(b) Our Lady.
(c) The Devil.
2. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
(a) The church has lost proof that Jesus existed.
(b) It has been 15 centuries since Jesus walked the earth.
(c) Miracles can no longer occur.
(d) Man is no longer in touch with spirituality.
3. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
(a) A girl coming back to life.
(b) A man asking to be healed.
(c) A man's sight being restored.
(d) Jesus appearing.
4. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Explain his actions.
(b) Bless them.
(c) Demand their obedience.
(d) Preach a sermon.
5. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Crowd around him.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fall at his feet.
(d) Ask him to heal them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
2. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
3. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
4. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)