|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) The Archangel Michael.
(d) Virgin Mary.
2. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Rewards for good deads
(b) Punishments for sin
(c) Verses to memorize
(d) Lessons to be practiced
3. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) The devil.
4. How old is the cardinal?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Almost ninety.
(c) Slighty over eighty.
5. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
(a) He helps a man escape torture.
(b) He allows a blind man to see.
(c) He forgives a woman's sins.
(d) He brings a girl back to life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
2. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
3. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
4. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
5. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)