|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
(a) He thinks its one of the best parts.
(b) He thinks it is funny.
(c) He thinks it is very orignal.
(d) He would like to refine it more.
2. How old is the cardinal?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Almost ninety.
(d) Slighty over eighty.
3. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
(a) Our Lady.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Archangel Michael.
4. What is hiding the dead girl?
(a) The coffin lid.
(b) A veil.
5. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
(a) 17th century.
(b) 18th century.
(c) 15th century.
(d) 16th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
2. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
3. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
4. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
5. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)