|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) On the steps of the cathedral.
(b) In the street.
(c) At the market.
(d) Across from the cemetery.
2. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
(a) His tale takes place at "the end of time."
(b) To stop the Inquisition.
(c) To appear for a moment as the people sunk in iniquity.
(d) Jesus is returning as he promised.
3. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is a vacation.
(b) It is not really him.
(c) It is not his final return.
(d) He comes to Spain.
4. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) He explains how punishment teachers people to do good.
(b) He asks how it would be possible to forgive his son's tormentors.
(c) He asks what she would do if she were him.
(d) He says sinners are evil and deserve punishment.
5. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A blind man.
(b) A condmened man.
(c) The Inquisitor.
(d) A dead girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
2. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
3. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
4. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
5. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)