|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He appears unobserved.
(b) He heals a blind man.
(c) He holds out his hands.
(d) He walks into a crowd.
2. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who he loves.
(b) All who ask him.
(c) All who come in contact with him.
(d) All who pray.
3. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
(a) The Auto de Fe.
(b) The Crusades.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The Protestant reformation.
4. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
(a) Shout, "it is He."
(b) Write down his words.
(c) Elect him Grand Inquisitor.
(d) Ask him for freedom.
5. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The priest.
(d) The girl's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
2. According to Ivan, did Jesus have any physical presence on earth in the 16th Century?
3. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
4. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
5. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)