|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(a) St. Petersburg.
2. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) Across from the cemetery.
(c) On the steps of the cathedral.
(d) At the market.
3. According to Ivan, did Jesus have any physical presence on earth in the 16th Century?
(a) Yes, but only as a character in literary fiction.
(b) Yes, but only in his story of The Grand Inquistor.
(c) Yes, he visited holy men as recorded in their writing.
(d) No, just in the hearts and mind of beleivers.
4. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(b) Looks at flowers.
(c) Jumps out of the coffin.
5. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
(b) The cardinal.
(d) A jury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
2. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
3. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
4. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
5. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)