|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
(b) The devil.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The grand inquisitor.
2. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(c) Victor Hugo.
3. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
(a) It is common to use religious figures as characters in poetry.
(b) Writing poems is normal for those with "heavenly powers."
(c) Poetry gives heavenly powers to all listeners.
(d) Poetry makes supernatural power commonplace.
4. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) She sees him from afar.
(b) The priest tells her to.
(c) She doesn't ask.
(d) The crowd tells her to.
5. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(a) Looks at flowers.
(c) Jumps out of the coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
2. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
3. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
4. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)