|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
(a) The Crusades.
(b) The Auto de Fe.
(c) The Protestant reformation.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
2. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) The crowd tells her to.
(b) The priest tells her to.
(c) She doesn't ask.
(d) She sees him from afar.
3. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
(a) It is common to use religious figures as characters in poetry.
(b) Poetry gives heavenly powers to all listeners.
(c) Writing poems is normal for those with "heavenly powers."
(d) Poetry makes supernatural power commonplace.
4. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) The Archangel Michael.
(d) Virgin Mary.
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
(b) He touches Jesus clothes.
(c) He asks Jesus.
(d) He grabs Jesus hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
2. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
3. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
4. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
5. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)