|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) The Archangel Michael.
(c) Virgin Mary.
2. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) The archangel Michael.
(c) John the Baptist.
3. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Preach a sermon.
(b) Appear in Seville.
(c) Heal a child.
(d) Heal a blind man.
4. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) He comes to Spain.
(b) It is not really him.
(c) It is not his final return.
(d) It is a vacation.
5. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) Victor Hugo.
(d) Peter the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
2. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
3. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
4. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
5. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)