|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Preach a sermon.
(b) Appear in Seville.
(c) Heal a child.
(d) Heal a blind man.
2. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is not really him.
(b) It is not his final return.
(c) It is a vacation.
(d) He comes to Spain.
3. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
(a) Ask him for freedom.
(b) Elect him Grand Inquisitor.
(c) Write down his words.
(d) Shout, "it is He."
4. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) The priest tells her to.
(b) She doesn't ask.
(c) The crowd tells her to.
(d) She sees him from afar.
5. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
(b) Archangel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
2. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
3. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
4. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
5. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)