|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) The crowd tells her to.
(b) She sees him from afar.
(c) The priest tells her to.
(d) She doesn't ask.
2. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Crowd around him.
(b) Fall at his feet.
(c) Run away.
(d) Ask him to heal them.
3. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He appears unobserved.
(b) He walks into a crowd.
(c) He heals a blind man.
(d) He holds out his hands.
4. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) A preface explaining what literature is.
(b) A well-written introduction.
(c) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
(d) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
5. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
(a) He helps a man escape torture.
(b) He allows a blind man to see.
(c) He brings a girl back to life.
(d) He forgives a woman's sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
2. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
3. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
4. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
5. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)