|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A blind man.
(b) A dead girl.
(c) The Inquisitor.
(d) A condmened man.
2. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) Peter the Great.
(d) Victor Hugo.
3. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(a) St. Petersburg.
4. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He grabs Jesus hand.
(b) He asks Jesus.
(c) He touches Jesus clothes.
(d) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
5. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Verses to memorize
(b) Punishments for sin
(c) Rewards for good deads
(d) Lessons to be practiced
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
2. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
3. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
4. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
5. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)