|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
(d) Archangel Michael.
2. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(c) St. Petersburg.
3. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
(a) It has been 15 centuries since Jesus walked the earth.
(b) Man is no longer in touch with spirituality.
(c) Miracles can no longer occur.
(d) The church has lost proof that Jesus existed.
4. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
(a) He brings a girl back to life.
(b) He forgives a woman's sins.
(c) He helps a man escape torture.
(d) He allows a blind man to see.
5. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) On the steps of the cathedral.
(c) At the market.
(d) Across from the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
2. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
3. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
4. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
5. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)