|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
(a) Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie.
(b) Divine Comedy.
(c) The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell.
(d) Les Misérables.
2. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Run away.
(b) Ask him to heal them.
(c) Crowd around him.
(d) Fall at his feet.
3. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) The priest tells her to.
(b) She doesn't ask.
(c) She sees him from afar.
(d) The crowd tells her to.
4. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) The Inquisitor.
(b) A condmened man.
(c) A dead girl.
(d) A blind man.
5. What character is speaking when the story begins?
(a) The narrator.
(d) The grand inquisitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
2. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
4. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)