|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
(a) His tale takes place at "the end of time."
(b) To appear for a moment as the people sunk in iniquity.
(c) Jesus is returning as he promised.
(d) To stop the Inquisition.
2. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) On the steps of the cathedral.
(b) In the street.
(c) Across from the cemetery.
(d) At the market.
3. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) The Inquisitor.
(b) A condmened man.
(c) A dead girl.
(d) A blind man.
4. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
(a) He thinks it is funny.
(b) He would like to refine it more.
(c) He thinks its one of the best parts.
(d) He thinks it is very orignal.
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He appears unobserved.
(b) He heals a blind man.
(c) He holds out his hands.
(d) He walks into a crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
2. In the Inquisition what are penances?
3. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
4. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)