|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) On the steps of the cathedral.
(c) Across from the cemetery.
(d) At the market.
2. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface.
(a) St. Peter.
(d) The devil.
3. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who come in contact with him.
(b) All who ask him.
(c) All who he loves.
(d) All who pray.
4. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
(a) Jesus is returning as he promised.
(b) To stop the Inquisition.
(c) His tale takes place at "the end of time."
(d) To appear for a moment as the people sunk in iniquity.
5. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
(a) The church has lost proof that Jesus existed.
(b) It has been 15 centuries since Jesus walked the earth.
(c) Miracles can no longer occur.
(d) Man is no longer in touch with spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
2. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
3. What is hiding the dead girl?
4. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
5. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)