|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A condmened man.
(b) A dead girl.
(c) The Inquisitor.
(d) A blind man.
2. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
(a) He thinks its one of the best parts.
(b) He thinks it is very orignal.
(c) He thinks it is funny.
(d) He would like to refine it more.
3. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) Victor Hugo.
4. What character is speaking when the story begins?
(b) The grand inquisitor.
(c) The narrator.
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He holds out his hands.
(b) He walks into a crowd.
(c) He appears unobserved.
(d) He heals a blind man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
2. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
3. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
4. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
5. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)