|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface.
(a) The devil.
(d) St. Peter.
2. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He holds out his hands.
(b) He heals a blind man.
(c) He walks into a crowd.
(d) He appears unobserved.
3. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(a) Looks at flowers.
(c) Jumps out of the coffin.
4. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The pope.
(b) The king.
(c) The knights.
(d) The cardinals.
5. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) She doesn't ask.
(b) The priest tells her to.
(c) The crowd tells her to.
(d) She sees him from afar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
2. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
3. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
4. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)