|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
(a) The Crusades.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Protestant reformation.
(d) The Auto de Fe.
2. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(d) Peter the Great.
3. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) The archangel Michael.
(b) John the Baptist.
4. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) The return of Jesus.
(b) Jesus' eyes.
(c) The end of time.
(d) The wrath of God.
5. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
(a) Our Lady.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Archangel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hiding the dead girl?
2. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
3. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
4. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
5. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)