|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Crowd around him.
(b) Ask him to heal them.
(c) Fall at his feet.
(d) Run away.
2. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(b) The priest.
(c) The crowd.
(d) The girl's sister.
3. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
(a) Writing poems is normal for those with "heavenly powers."
(b) Poetry gives heavenly powers to all listeners.
(c) Poetry makes supernatural power commonplace.
(d) It is common to use religious figures as characters in poetry.
4. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) John the Baptist.
(d) The archangel Michael.
5. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
(a) Les Misérables.
(b) Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie.
(c) Divine Comedy.
(d) The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
2. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
3. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
4. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
5. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)