|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Heal a child.
(b) Preach a sermon.
(c) Appear in Seville.
(d) Heal a blind man.
2. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
(a) Without Jesus' physical presence, believer's needed to trust their hearts.
(b) The population stopped believing in Jesus.
(c) People stopped trusting their feelings.
(d) The population discarded science and replaced it with philosophy.
3. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
(b) A preface explaining what literature is.
(c) A well-written introduction.
(d) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
4. What character is speaking when the story begins?
(c) The narrator.
(d) The grand inquisitor.
5. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(d) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
2. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
3. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
4. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)