|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The girl's sister.
(c) The priest.
(d) The crowd.
2. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(c) St. Petersburg.
3. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
(a) She thinks denial of heaven sufficent punishment.
(b) She believes in forgiveness for all.
(c) She is shocked at what she sees in hell.
(d) She wants to save her friends in hell.
4. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) At the market.
(c) Across from the cemetery.
(d) On the steps of the cathedral.
5. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Asks him for healing.
(b) Throws flowers at his feet.
(c) Cries, "it is He."
(d) Elects him cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
2. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
3. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
4. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface.
5. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)