|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Appear in Seville.
(b) Preach a sermon.
(c) Heal a child.
(d) Heal a blind man.
2. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
(a) Our Lady.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Archangel Michael.
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He grabs Jesus hand.
(b) He asks Jesus.
(c) He touches Jesus clothes.
(d) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
4. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
(a) He allows a blind man to see.
(b) He helps a man escape torture.
(c) He forgives a woman's sins.
(d) He brings a girl back to life.
5. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Ask him to heal them.
(b) Crowd around him.
(c) Fall at his feet.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
2. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
3. What is the "auto de fe"?
4. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
5. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)