|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
(b) A preface explaining what literature is.
(c) A well-written introduction.
(d) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
2. What character is speaking when the story begins?
(a) The narrator.
(d) The grand inquisitor.
3. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Heal a child.
(b) Heal a blind man.
(c) Preach a sermon.
(d) Appear in Seville.
4. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The priest.
(c) The girl's sister.
5. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(c) Victor Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
2. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
3. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
4. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
5. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)