|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ivan, did Jesus have any physical presence on earth in the 16th Century?
(a) Yes, but only in his story of The Grand Inquistor.
(b) No, just in the hearts and mind of beleivers.
(c) Yes, he visited holy men as recorded in their writing.
(d) Yes, but only as a character in literary fiction.
2. What is hiding the dead girl?
(a) A veil.
(b) The coffin lid.
3. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) Mercy for all those in hell.
(b) The life of Jesus.
(c) The history of the world.
(d) Forgiveness for "Our Lady."
4. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) Victor Hugo.
5. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) Across from the cemetery.
(b) On the steps of the cathedral.
(c) At the market.
(d) In the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
2. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
3. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
4. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)