|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Punishments for sin
(b) Lessons to be practiced
(c) Verses to memorize
(d) Rewards for good deads
2. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Throws flowers at his feet.
(b) Asks him for healing.
(c) Elects him cardinal.
(d) Cries, "it is He."
3. According to Ivan, did Jesus have any physical presence on earth in the 16th Century?
(a) Yes, he visited holy men as recorded in their writing.
(b) Yes, but only as a character in literary fiction.
(c) No, just in the hearts and mind of beleivers.
(d) Yes, but only in his story of The Grand Inquistor.
4. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) Heretics were burnt.
(b) The king's court did not show up.
(c) The cardinal condemned burning.
(d) The grand inquisitor was not present.
5. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The king.
(b) The cardinals.
(c) The knights.
(d) The pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
2. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
3. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
4. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
5. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)