|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who ask him.
(b) All who he loves.
(c) All who pray.
(d) All who come in contact with him.
2. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(b) St. Petersburg.
3. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) The grand inquisitor.
(c) The devil.
4. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
(a) Alyosha's Dreams.
(b) Scattered legends.
(d) Star Constellations.
5. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(b) Jumps out of the coffin.
(d) Looks at flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
2. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
3. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
4. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
5. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)