|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
(a) To provide light every night for the proceedings.
(b) To cook feasts given in honor of God.
(c) To burn condemned people alive.
(d) To warm the court rooms.
2. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
(d) Archangel Michael.
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He grabs Jesus hand.
(b) He touches Jesus clothes.
(c) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
(d) He asks Jesus.
4. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is not his final return.
(b) He comes to Spain.
(c) It is not really him.
(d) It is a vacation.
5. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
(a) Kneels gently down.
(b) Gently looks at him.
(c) Puts her hands to her heart.
(d) Throws himself at his feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
2. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
3. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
4. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
5. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)