|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) At the market.
(b) In the street.
(c) On the steps of the cathedral.
(d) Across from the cemetery.
2. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
(a) Writing poems is normal for those with "heavenly powers."
(b) It is common to use religious figures as characters in poetry.
(c) Poetry makes supernatural power commonplace.
(d) Poetry gives heavenly powers to all listeners.
3. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Elects him cardinal.
(b) Asks him for healing.
(c) Throws flowers at his feet.
(d) Cries, "it is He."
4. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(a) Looks at flowers.
(b) Jumps out of the coffin.
5. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The king.
(b) The pope.
(c) The knights.
(d) The cardinals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
2. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
3. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
4. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
5. In the Inquisition what are penances?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)