|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
(a) She wants to save her friends in hell.
(b) She thinks denial of heaven sufficent punishment.
(c) She is shocked at what she sees in hell.
(d) She believes in forgiveness for all.
2. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who he loves.
(b) All who come in contact with him.
(c) All who pray.
(d) All who ask him.
3. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) The wrath of God.
(b) The return of Jesus.
(c) The end of time.
(d) Jesus' eyes.
4. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A condmened man.
(b) A blind man.
(c) A dead girl.
(d) The Inquisitor.
5. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Auto de Fe.
(c) The Crusades.
(d) The Protestant reformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
2. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
3. In the Inquisition what are penances?
4. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)