|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is not his final return.
(b) He comes to Spain.
(c) It is a vacation.
(d) It is not really him.
2. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
(a) He allows a blind man to see.
(b) He forgives a woman's sins.
(c) He brings a girl back to life.
(d) He helps a man escape torture.
3. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) The archangel Michael.
4. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) The cardinal condemned burning.
(b) The king's court did not show up.
(c) The grand inquisitor was not present.
(d) Heretics were burnt.
5. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
(a) Alyosha's Dreams.
(b) Scattered legends.
(c) Star Constellations.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
2. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
3. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
4. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)