|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(d) St. Petersburg.
2. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) The Archangel Michael.
(d) Virgin Mary.
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He grabs Jesus hand.
(b) He asks Jesus.
(c) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
(d) He touches Jesus clothes.
4. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The girl's sister.
(d) The priest.
5. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
(a) Miracles can no longer occur.
(b) It has been 15 centuries since Jesus walked the earth.
(c) Man is no longer in touch with spirituality.
(d) The church has lost proof that Jesus existed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
2. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
3. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
4. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
5. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)