|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
(a) The church has lost proof that Jesus existed.
(b) It has been 15 centuries since Jesus walked the earth.
(c) Man is no longer in touch with spirituality.
(d) Miracles can no longer occur.
2. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
(a) He thinks its one of the best parts.
(b) He thinks it is funny.
(c) He would like to refine it more.
(d) He thinks it is very orignal.
3. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
(b) Alyosha's Dreams.
(c) Star Constellations.
(d) Scattered legends.
4. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Rewards for good deads
(b) Verses to memorize
(c) Punishments for sin
(d) Lessons to be practiced
5. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
(a) Divine Comedy.
(b) The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell.
(c) Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie.
(d) Les Misérables.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
2. What is hiding the dead girl?
3. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
4. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
5. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)