Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ivan and Alyosha Converse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the people believe the church is leading them?
(a) To submission.
(b) Against the teachings of Jesus.
(c) To virtue and to heaven.
(d) To relieve them of their conscience.
2. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Explain his actions.
(b) Demand their obedience.
(c) Bless them.
(d) Preach a sermon.
3. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
(a) It is the only way they can find food.
(b) To releive them of the burden of freedom.
(c) it is wise for them to do so.
(d) Freedom can not exist.
4. What does Ivan say he wishes for his life?
(a) To live forever.
(b) To be and old wise man.
(c) To live to thirty and then die.
(d) To overthrow the church.
5. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To a secret location outside of town.
(b) To the prison.
(c) To the cardinal's chamber.
(d) To the cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
2. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
3. How does the church create a unified body of worship?
4. Why did the grand inquisitor change his mind about religion?
5. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)