Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor predict the church will do when it achieves supreme authority?
(a) Give freedom to all.
(b) Finally understand Jesus temptation.
(c) Eliminate all misery.
(d) Make greater questions than those that tempted Jesus.
2. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
(a) His face darkens and his eyebrows tense.
(b) He calls for his guards.
(c) He smiles mischeviously.
(d) He orders a man arrested.
3. How does the cardinal say Jesus responded to the first question from the spirit?
(a) Saying man lives not by bread alone.
(b) Ignoring the question.
(c) Calmly answering no.
(d) Telling the spirt it is wrong.
4. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
(a) A man's sight being restored.
(b) Jesus appearing.
(c) A man asking to be healed.
(d) A girl coming back to life.
5. How does the inquisitor equate the clergy and Jesus himself?
(a) They both love the strong.
(b) They are both powerfull.
(c) They both made sacrifices.
(d) They both love the weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
2. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
3. Why is there still doubt as to the truth of Jesus' divinity?
4. How does the church create a unified body of worship?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say happened to Jesus?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)