|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
(a) They ask to be worshipped as they were him.
(b) They say that Jesus is still living.
(c) They say his teachings were their idea.
(d) They deny his existance.
2. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) Training bishops for service.
(b) On a holiday.
(c) Presiding over the auto de fe.
(d) Researching scripture.
3. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Understand the three questions.
(b) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
(c) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
(d) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
(a) Jesus doesn't want people to believe in his.
(b) Jesus does not beileve in temptation.
(c) The church forces theirs on people.
(d) The church wants people to be free.
5. In the Inquisition, what happens of one disagrees with the church?
(a) The church is unconcerened.
(b) They are accepted anyway.
(c) They are shown Jesus teachings.
(d) They can be punished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
2. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
3. What does the inquisitor accuse Jesus of?
4. What does the grand inquisitor think people need in addition to life?
5. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)