Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "His" Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Heal a blind man.
(b) Appear in Seville.
(c) Heal a child.
(d) Preach a sermon.
2. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is not really him.
(b) It is a vacation.
(c) It is not his final return.
(d) He comes to Spain.
3. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Rewards for good deads
(b) Punishments for sin
(c) Verses to memorize
(d) Lessons to be practiced
4. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) The history of the world.
(b) Mercy for all those in hell.
(c) The life of Jesus.
(d) Forgiveness for "Our Lady."
5. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
(b) Our Lady.
(c) The Archangel Michael.
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
2. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
3. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
4. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
5. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)