|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say people will destroy?
(a) The world.
(b) The prisons.
(d) Jesus' temple.
2. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
(a) To preserve the church.
(b) For common worship.
(c) For freedom to worship.
(d) For honor and power.
3. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
(a) Asks what inspired it.
(b) Asks him to explain something
(c) He asks him to repeat someting.
(d) Asks Ivan why he wrote it.
4. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
(a) The cardinal.
(b) The woman from the crowd.
(c) The king.
(d) The girl he healed.
5. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
(a) Gorgeous cardinal's robes.
(b) Uniform of the "holy guard."
(c) A funeral suit.
(d) An old monk's cassock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
2. How does the prisoner look at the grand inquisitor when he is being accused in his cell?
3. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
4. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
5. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)