|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
(a) They bow down to the cardinal.
(b) The protest.
(c) They cheer the cardinal.
(d) The try to free him.
2. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
3. What sanction does the grand inquisitor claim Jesus has given for their behavior?
(a) Freedom to accept or reject his teaching.
(b) The right to speak in his name.
(c) Eternal forgiveness.
(d) Ability to communicate in disguise.
4. How is the world divided according to the grand inquisitor?
(a) Followers of Jesus and followers of the church.
(b) Into those who believe, wonder and disbelieve.
(c) Into the holy and unholy.
(d) By class and ethnicity.
5. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
(a) The teachings of the church.
(b) The inquistion.
(c) His temptation by a spirt.
(d) Sin in man.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
2. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
3. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
4. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
5. What character is speaking when the story begins?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)