|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
(a) They say that Jesus is still living.
(b) They deny his existance.
(c) They say his teachings were their idea.
(d) They ask to be worshipped as they were him.
2. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
(a) He thinks it is very orignal.
(b) He thinks it is funny.
(c) He thinks its one of the best parts.
(d) He would like to refine it more.
3. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The bishops.
(b) Two princes.
(c) His assistants.
(d) The king.
4. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
(a) A Bible.
(c) A light.
5. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The girl's sister.
(b) The priest.
(c) The crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
2. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
3. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
4. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
5. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)