|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
(b) The Devil.
(c) Our Lady.
(d) The Archangel Michael.
2. What does Ivan mean when he says, "fifteen centuries since man has ceased to see signs from heaven"?
(a) It has been 15 centuries since Jesus walked the earth.
(b) Man is no longer in touch with spirituality.
(c) Miracles can no longer occur.
(d) The church has lost proof that Jesus existed.
3. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
(a) It won't be finished.
(b) It will crumble.
(c) The church will destroy it.
(d) Jesus will finish it.
4. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
(a) He asks him to repeat someting.
(b) Asks what inspired it.
(c) Asks Ivan why he wrote it.
(d) Asks him to explain something
5. How old is the cardinal?
(b) Almost ninety.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Slighty over eighty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan describe the prison?
2. What does the grand inquisitor say is beyond the strength of man?
3. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
4. What is the result of Jesus refusal to take power in the world?
5. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)