|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor think people will rise?
(a) Because they will not beleive in the church.
(b) Because Jesus can't control them.
(c) They will need more food.
(d) They will want Jesus' power.
2. How does the grand inquisitor think Jesus created conscience?
(a) In his interactions with students.
(b) By not proving his identity.
(c) Living selflessly.
(d) Teaching man through example.
3. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Cries, "it is He."
(b) Elects him cardinal.
(c) Throws flowers at his feet.
(d) Asks him for healing.
4. What does the grand inquisitor say the church has done to Jesus' work?
(a) Helped his work to completion.
(b) Corrected his work.
(c) Finished his work.
(d) Brought his work to the masses.
5. Why does the grand inquisitor say that Jesus didn't love people at all?
(a) He taught them the truth.
(b) He gave them freedom.
(c) He enslaved them.
(d) He gave them hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question the spirit asks Jesus?
2. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
3. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
4. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
5. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)