|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
(a) Alyosha has to leave.
(b) He pauses to question Alyosha.
(c) He gets tired.
(d) Alyosha asks a question.
2. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Appear in Seville.
(b) Preach a sermon.
(c) Heal a blind man.
(d) Heal a child.
3. What is the third thing Jesus is tempted with?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Having his own church.
(c) Seizing authority.
(d) Eternal life.
4. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Run away.
(b) Ask him to heal them.
(c) Crowd around him.
(d) Fall at his feet.
5. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
(a) He thinks he has better ones.
(b) He thinks they are too hard.
(c) He is confused by them.
(d) He thinks they are wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
2. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
3. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
4. What does the inquisitor say people will destroy?
5. Why does the cardinal think Jesus wouldn't feed the world?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)