|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
(a) The great scientists and thinkers.
(b) The church.
(d) No one.
2. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(c) Looks at flowers.
(d) Jumps out of the coffin.
3. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
(a) A spirit.
(b) Travelers on the road.
(c) The people of Seville.
4. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) He says sinners are evil and deserve punishment.
(b) He asks what she would do if she were him.
(c) He asks how it would be possible to forgive his son's tormentors.
(d) He explains how punishment teachers people to do good.
5. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
(a) Seizing power.
(b) Healing the world.
(c) Asking for forgiveness.
(d) Proving his power to all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say people will build?
2. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
3. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
4. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
5. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)