|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor think people will rise?
(a) They will need more food.
(b) Because they will not beleive in the church.
(c) They will want Jesus' power.
(d) Because Jesus can't control them.
2. Who does the grand inquisitor say is blameless?
(a) The spirit who tempted him.
(b) The church for seizing power.
(c) Those who renounced Jesus.
(d) Jesus for refusing temptation.
3. What does the Cardinal say would happen if Jesus turned stones into bread?
(a) Everyone would be obedient to him.
(b) His love would be understood.
(c) The bread would be refused.
(d) Everyone would respect him.
4. What does the cardinal think will lead man away from Jesus?
(a) Increased spiritual thinking.
(b) Not having enough bread.
(c) Having physical comfort.
(d) Worrying about the future.
5. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
(a) Without Jesus' physical presence, believer's needed to trust their hearts.
(b) People stopped trusting their feelings.
(c) The population discarded science and replaced it with philosophy.
(d) The population stopped believing in Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
2. What does the prisoner's visitor carry in his hand?
3. What will the church declare upon finishing the temple?
4. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
5. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)