|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say man can not understand?
2. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
(b) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
(c) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
(d) Understand the three questions.
3. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
(b) Stop sinning.
(d) Be appeased.
4. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
(a) Puts her hands to her heart.
(b) Throws himself at his feet.
(c) Kneels gently down.
(d) Gently looks at him.
5. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Bless them.
(b) Preach a sermon.
(c) Explain his actions.
(d) Demand their obedience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
2. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
3. How does Ivan describe the prison?
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what will the be the church's view on freedom?
5. In the Inquisition, what happens of one disagrees with the church?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)