|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the world divided according to the grand inquisitor?
(a) Into the holy and unholy.
(b) Into those who believe, wonder and disbelieve.
(c) By class and ethnicity.
(d) Followers of Jesus and followers of the church.
2. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
3. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
(a) He doesn't believe in Jesus.
(b) It would undermine the church's authority.
(c) He thinks his old teachings are perfect.
(d) Jesus teachings are not true.
4. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
(a) He would like to refine it more.
(b) He thinks it is funny.
(c) He thinks it is very orignal.
(d) He thinks its one of the best parts.
5. What responsibility does the inquisitor say the has clergy taken on?
(a) Freeing man's soul.
(b) Fixing man's mistakes.
(c) Re-interpreting Jesus' work.
(d) Knowing the agony of freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
2. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
3. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
4. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say accompanies faith?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)