|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't the inquisitor say is brought to together by the spirit's questions to Jesus?
(a) Contradictions of human nature.
(b) The history of mankind afterward.
(c) The people's philosophy.
(d) Fact and imagination.
2. How does the cardinal''s face look?
(c) Calm but judicious
3. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
(a) To provide light every night for the proceedings.
(b) To burn condemned people alive.
(c) To cook feasts given in honor of God.
(d) To warm the court rooms.
4. How does the inquisitor equate the clergy and Jesus himself?
(a) They are both powerfull.
(b) They both love the weak.
(c) They both love the strong.
(d) They both made sacrifices.
5. How old is the cardinal?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Slighty over eighty.
(d) Almost ninety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inquisitor ask the prisoner to judge?
2. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
3. What does the inquisitor accuse Jesus of?
4. Who does the grand inquisitor say the church follows?
5. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)