|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
(a) Jesus was tempted.
(b) There was a mighty storm.
(c) The prisoner got lost.
(d) He learned to survive.
2. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) Across from the cemetery.
(b) In the street.
(c) On the steps of the cathedral.
(d) At the market.
3. What is the first question the spirit asks Jesus?
(a) If he wants to become all powerful.
(b) If he will turn rocks into bread.
(c) If he will jump from a deadly height.
(d) If he will heal the sick.
4. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
(b) Scattered legends.
(c) Star Constellations.
(d) Alyosha's Dreams.
5. What does the grand inquisitor say is more powerful than the banner of bread?
(a) The church and the Inquistion.
(b) Providing food and shelter.
(c) Eternal love.
(d) Possession of the conscience.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
2. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
3. Why does the cardinal say the clergy keeps silent about the true nature of their power?
4. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
5. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)