|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The pope.
(b) The king.
(c) The knights.
(d) The cardinals.
2. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
(a) 17th century.
(b) 15th century.
(c) 18th century.
(d) 16th century.
3. What is the first question the spirit asks Jesus?
(a) If he will jump from a deadly height.
(b) If he will heal the sick.
(c) If he will turn rocks into bread.
(d) If he wants to become all powerful.
4. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) Training bishops for service.
(b) Researching scripture.
(c) Presiding over the auto de fe.
(d) On a holiday.
5. How does the grand inquisitor think Jesus created conscience?
(a) In his interactions with students.
(b) Teaching man through example.
(c) By not proving his identity.
(d) Living selflessly.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
2. According to Ivan, did Jesus have any physical presence on earth in the 16th Century?
3. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
4. How is the world divided according to the grand inquisitor?
5. How does the inquisitor equate the clergy and Jesus himself?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)