|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the grand inquisitor say it had been since the church followed Jesus' teachings?
(a) Since the 13th century.
(b) 800 years.
(d) Since the death of Caesar.
2. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who he loves.
(b) All who pray.
(c) All who ask him.
(d) All who come in contact with him.
3. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
(a) Gorgeous cardinal's robes.
(b) An old monk's cassock.
(c) Uniform of the "holy guard."
(d) A funeral suit.
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what role does Jesus reject?
(a) Giver of wisdom.
(b) Provider of food and shelter.
(c) Silent wanderer.
(d) Aribiter of truth.
5. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) Victor Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the prison?
2. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
3. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
4. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
5. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)