|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He heals a blind man.
(b) He walks into a crowd.
(c) He appears unobserved.
(d) He holds out his hands.
2. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 17th century.
(c) 15th century.
(d) 16th century.
3. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
(a) Puts her hands to her heart.
(b) Kneels gently down.
(c) Gently looks at him.
(d) Throws himself at his feet.
4. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) Jesus' eyes.
(b) The wrath of God.
(c) The return of Jesus.
(d) The end of time.
5. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) John the Baptist.
(d) The archangel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
2. How old is the cardinal?
3. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
4. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
5. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)