|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
(b) Scattered legends.
(c) Star Constellations.
(d) Alyosha's Dreams.
2. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
(a) He was performing his public duties.
(b) He was on vacation.
(c) His other clothes were dirty.
(d) He changes clothes everyday.
3. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
(a) Jesus will punish the sinners.
(b) Jesus' teachings are not true.
(c) Anything Jesus does will be seen as a miracle, and will rob people of their ability to choose to follow him.
(d) Healing people delays their journey to heaven.
4. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
(a) He smiles mischeviously.
(b) He calls for his guards.
(c) His face darkens and his eyebrows tense.
(d) He orders a man arrested.
5. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Cries, "it is He."
(b) Throws flowers at his feet.
(c) Asks him for healing.
(d) Elects him cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
2. How does Ivan describe the prison?
3. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
4. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
5. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)