|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 15th century.
(c) 17th century.
(d) 16th century.
2. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Ask him to heal them.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fall at his feet.
(d) Crowd around him.
3. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
(a) To appear for a moment as the people sunk in iniquity.
(b) His tale takes place at "the end of time."
(c) Jesus is returning as he promised.
(d) To stop the Inquisition.
4. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
(a) At the start of WWII.
(b) At the start of the Spanish Inquisition.
(c) Upon the return of Jesus.
(d) Before the time of Peter the Great.
5. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) The grand inquisitor was not present.
(b) The king's court did not show up.
(c) Heretics were burnt.
(d) The cardinal condemned burning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
2. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
3. What is the "auto de fe"?
4. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
5. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)