|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
(a) He tells the guards to arrest them.
(b) He orders them on their knees.
(c) They know he is powerful.
(d) They hope he will reward them.
2. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
(a) Uniform of the "holy guard."
(b) An old monk's cassock.
(c) Gorgeous cardinal's robes.
(d) A funeral suit.
3. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
(a) The cardinal.
(b) The girl he healed.
(c) The woman from the crowd.
(d) The king.
4. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
(a) Star Constellations.
(c) Scattered legends.
(d) Alyosha's Dreams.
5. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Lessons to be practiced
(b) Rewards for good deads
(c) Verses to memorize
(d) Punishments for sin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
2. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
3. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
4. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
5. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)