|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guards do with the prisoner?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Ask him his name.
(c) Lock him in a cell.
(d) Allow him to wash.
2. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
(a) In his house.
(b) Walking by the Seville Cathedral.
(c) Coming out of the church.
(d) Across from the market.
3. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To the cathedral.
(c) To a secret location outside of town.
(d) To the cardinal's chamber.
4. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) Jesus' eyes.
(b) The return of Jesus.
(c) The wrath of God.
(d) The end of time.
5. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Appear in Seville.
(b) Preach a sermon.
(c) Heal a blind man.
(d) Heal a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
2. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
3. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
4. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
5. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)