|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
(b) The cardinal.
(d) A jury.
2. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Appear in Seville.
(b) Heal a child.
(c) Preach a sermon.
(d) Heal a blind man.
3. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) The archangel Michael.
4. How does Ivan describe the prison?
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He asks Jesus.
(b) He touches Jesus clothes.
(c) He grabs Jesus hand.
(d) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface.
2. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
3. In the Inquisition what are penances?
4. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
5. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)