|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Run away.
(b) Fall at his feet.
(c) Ask him to heal them.
(d) Crowd around him.
2. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) The grand inquisitor was not present.
(b) The king's court did not show up.
(c) Heretics were burnt.
(d) The cardinal condemned burning.
3. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
(a) Anything Jesus does will be seen as a miracle, and will rob people of their ability to choose to follow him.
(b) Healing people delays their journey to heaven.
(c) Jesus will punish the sinners.
(d) Jesus' teachings are not true.
4. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To the cathedral.
(c) To the cardinal's chamber.
(d) To a secret location outside of town.
5. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
(a) Shout, "it is He."
(b) Elect him Grand Inquisitor.
(c) Write down his words.
(d) Ask him for freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
2. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
3. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
4. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
5. In the Inquisition what are penances?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)