|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
(a) The king.
(b) His assistants.
(c) Two princes.
(d) The bishops.
2. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(c) The Archangel Michael.
(d) Virgin Mary.
3. How does Ivan describe the prison?
4. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(a) Jumps out of the coffin.
(b) Looks at flowers.
5. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To a secret location outside of town.
(b) To the prison.
(c) To the cathedral.
(d) To the cardinal's chamber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
2. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
3. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
4. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
5. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)