|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) Victor Hugo.
2. How does Ivan describe the prison?
3. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
(a) She thinks denial of heaven sufficent punishment.
(b) She wants to save her friends in hell.
(c) She believes in forgiveness for all.
(d) She is shocked at what she sees in hell.
4. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
(a) A funeral suit.
(b) Uniform of the "holy guard."
(c) An old monk's cassock.
(d) Gorgeous cardinal's robes.
5. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) She sees him from afar.
(b) The crowd tells her to.
(c) The priest tells her to.
(d) She doesn't ask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
2. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
3. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
4. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
5. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)