|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface.
(b) The devil.
(d) St. Peter.
2. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The pope.
(b) The knights.
(c) The cardinals.
(d) The king.
3. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) He comes to Spain.
(b) It is not really him.
(c) It is a vacation.
(d) It is not his final return.
4. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
(a) He asks what she would do if she were him.
(b) He explains how punishment teachers people to do good.
(c) He asks how it would be possible to forgive his son's tormentors.
(d) He says sinners are evil and deserve punishment.
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He grabs Jesus hand.
(b) He touches Jesus clothes.
(c) He asks Jesus.
(d) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
2. Why does Ivan say that Jesus appears in his tale?
3. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
4. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
5. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)