|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) At the market.
(b) On the steps of the cathedral.
(c) Across from the cemetery.
(d) In the street.
2. Where is the prison?
(a) Outside of town.
(b) Near the market.
(c) In the palace.
(d) In the basement of the catherdral.
3. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
(a) His face darkens and his eyebrows tense.
(b) He calls for his guards.
(c) He orders a man arrested.
(d) He smiles mischeviously.
4. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) John the Baptist.
(d) The archangel Michael.
5. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
(d) Archangel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hiding the dead girl?
2. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
3. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
4. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface.
5. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)