|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters from "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell" is NOT referenced in Ivan's "Literary" Preface?
(a) The Archangel Michael.
(c) The Devil.
(d) Our Lady.
2. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A dead girl.
(b) A condmened man.
(c) The Inquisitor.
(d) A blind man.
3. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
(a) Asks him his identity.
(b) Introduces himself.
(c) Gazes at him for a long time.
(d) Walks toward him.
4. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
(a) The protest.
(b) They cheer the cardinal.
(c) They bow down to the cardinal.
(d) The try to free him.
5. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
(a) The cardinal.
(b) The girl he healed.
(c) The king.
(d) The woman from the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
2. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
3. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
4. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
5. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)