|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "auto de fe"?
(a) A famous battle.
(b) The return of Jesus.
(c) Public ceremony of punishment.
(d) A church holliday.
2. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
(a) His assistants.
(b) Two princes.
(c) The bishops.
(d) The king.
3. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Demand their obedience.
(b) Bless them.
(c) Explain his actions.
(d) Preach a sermon.
4. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
(c) Looks at flowers.
(d) Jumps out of the coffin.
5. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
(a) The priest tells her to.
(b) She sees him from afar.
(c) She doesn't ask.
(d) The crowd tells her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
2. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
3. Who isn't traveling with the cardinal?
4. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
5. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan NOT reference in his "Literary" Preface?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)