|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
(a) He brings a girl back to life.
(b) He allows a blind man to see.
(c) He forgives a woman's sins.
(d) He helps a man escape torture.
2. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The knights.
(b) The cardinals.
(c) The king.
(d) The pope.
3. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
(a) Archangel Michael.
4. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
(a) Across from the market.
(b) In his house.
(c) Walking by the Seville Cathedral.
(d) Coming out of the church.
5. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
(a) Jesus will punish the sinners.
(b) Healing people delays their journey to heaven.
(c) Jesus' teachings are not true.
(d) Anything Jesus does will be seen as a miracle, and will rob people of their ability to choose to follow him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the cardinal?
2. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
3. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
4. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
5. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)