|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The king.
(b) The knights.
(c) The cardinals.
(d) The pope.
2. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A dead girl.
(b) A blind man.
(c) A condmened man.
(d) The Inquisitor.
3. What religious character used as a character in fiction does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(b) John the Baptist.
(d) The archangel Michael.
4. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
(a) Jesus' teachings are not true.
(b) Healing people delays their journey to heaven.
(c) Anything Jesus does will be seen as a miracle, and will rob people of their ability to choose to follow him.
(d) Jesus will punish the sinners.
5. Where is the prison?
(a) In the palace.
(b) Outside of town.
(c) In the basement of the catherdral.
(d) Near the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
2. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
3. Besides in the works specifically mentioned, where does Ivan say that Christian religious figures appear?
4. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
5. What is the "auto de fe"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)