|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people react to the guards seizing the prisoner from their midst?
(a) They protest verbally but do not intervene.
(b) They make way for the guards.
(c) They beg them for mercy.
(d) They fight to push the guards back.
2. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A condmened man.
(b) A blind man.
(c) A dead girl.
(d) The Inquisitor.
3. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) On the steps of the cathedral.
(c) At the market.
(d) Across from the cemetery.
4. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
(a) A preface explaining what literature is.
(b) An introduction referencing stories with similar aspects.
(c) A well-written introduction.
(d) A introduction explaining why the subsequent story is literature.
5. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) He comes to Spain.
(b) It is not really him.
(c) It is not his final return.
(d) It is a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ivan say religiously themed plays, chiefly from the Old Testament, stopped being performed in Moscow?
2. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
3. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
4. Where is the prison?
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)