|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
(a) Poetry makes supernatural power commonplace.
(b) Poetry gives heavenly powers to all listeners.
(c) Writing poems is normal for those with "heavenly powers."
(d) It is common to use religious figures as characters in poetry.
2. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He holds out his hands.
(b) He appears unobserved.
(c) He heals a blind man.
(d) He walks into a crowd.
3. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
(a) Uniform of the "holy guard."
(b) Gorgeous cardinal's robes.
(c) A funeral suit.
(d) An old monk's cassock.
4. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He asks Jesus.
(b) He touches Jesus clothes.
(c) He grabs Jesus hand.
(d) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
5. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Cries, "it is He."
(b) Asks him for healing.
(c) Elects him cardinal.
(d) Throws flowers at his feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
2. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
3. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
4. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
5. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)