|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
(a) The girl he healed.
(b) The king.
(c) The cardinal.
(d) The woman from the crowd.
2. Where is the prison?
(a) In the basement of the catherdral.
(b) Outside of town.
(c) In the palace.
(d) Near the market.
3. How does Ivan describe the prison?
4. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Throws flowers at his feet.
(b) Cries, "it is He."
(c) Asks him for healing.
(d) Elects him cardinal.
5. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who come in contact with him.
(b) All who he loves.
(c) All who pray.
(d) All who ask him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character mentioned from "Le bon jugement de la tres sainte et gracieuse Vierge Marie," when Ivan references this play?
2. According to Ivan, how does God explain his treatment of sinners in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
3. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
4. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
5. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)