|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter the Grand Inquisitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
(a) Throws himself at his feet.
(b) Gently looks at him.
(c) Kneels gently down.
(d) Puts her hands to her heart.
2. How old is the cardinal?
(a) Slighty over eighty.
(b) One hundred.
(d) Almost ninety.
3. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who ask him.
(b) All who he loves.
(c) All who come in contact with him.
(d) All who pray.
4. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
(a) In his house.
(b) Coming out of the church.
(c) Across from the market.
(d) Walking by the Seville Cathedral.
5. What does Ivan mean when he says, "It was customary in poetry to bring down heavenly powers on earth"?
(a) Poetry makes supernatural power commonplace.
(b) Poetry gives heavenly powers to all listeners.
(c) Writing poems is normal for those with "heavenly powers."
(d) It is common to use religious figures as characters in poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
2. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
3. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
4. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
5. How does the crowd respond to the prisoner's arrest?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)