|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the church declare upon finishing the temple?
(a) It is done in Jesus' name.
(b) It is built for truth.
(c) It is for the good of all men.
(d) It should be celebrated.
2. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
(a) He gets tired.
(b) Alyosha has to leave.
(c) Alyosha asks a question.
(d) He pauses to question Alyosha.
3. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Fall at his feet.
(b) Run away.
(c) Crowd around him.
(d) Ask him to heal them.
4. Why does the cardinal think Jesus wouldn't feed the world?
(a) He thinks the must work for their food.
(b) He does not think them worthy.
(c) He did not want to buy their obedience.
(d) He thinks he is selfish.
5. Where is the prison?
(a) In the basement of the catherdral.
(b) Near the market.
(c) Outside of town.
(d) In the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
2. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
3. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
4. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
5. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)