|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
(a) He thinks they are too hard.
(b) He is confused by them.
(c) He thinks he has better ones.
(d) He thinks they are wise.
2. How do the people react to the guards seizing the prisoner from their midst?
(a) They beg them for mercy.
(b) They make way for the guards.
(c) They protest verbally but do not intervene.
(d) They fight to push the guards back.
3. What city does Ivan's story about the Grand Inquisitor take place in?
(a) St. Petersburg.
4. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
5. What does the grand inquisitor predict will be the crowds reaction to Jesus' punishment?
(a) The will help burn him.
(b) They will be indifferent.
(c) They will protest it.
(d) The will reluctantly accept it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
2. Why does Ivan say the character "Our Lady" falls before the throne of God and beg?
3. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
4. What does the cardinal think will lead man away from Jesus?
5. What does the inquisitor say people will build?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)