|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the cardinal think that the church will appear to be gods?
(a) They will free the people from spiritual thought.
(b) They will preach God's word.
(c) They will perform miracles.
(d) They will have be all powerful.
2. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
(a) Without Jesus' physical presence, believer's needed to trust their hearts.
(b) The population stopped believing in Jesus.
(c) People stopped trusting their feelings.
(d) The population discarded science and replaced it with philosophy.
3. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
(a) Fearful and mysterious.
(b) Cool and windy.
(c) Silent and shadowy.
(d) Burning and breathless.
4. What does the inquisitor accuse Jesus of?
(a) Being blind to the truth.
(b) Thinking sinful thoughts.
(c) Faking his sympathy.
(d) Caring only for the strong.
5. What century does Ivan's Legend take place in?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 17th century.
(c) 16th century.
(d) 15th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
2. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
3. What does the inquisitor say man can not understand?
4. How does the cardinal say Jesus responded to the first question from the spirit?
5. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)