|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say will eventually happen?
(a) People will reject the church.
(b) People will reject the teachings of Jesus.
(c) Everyone will learn the truth about god.
(d) Everyone will become free.
2. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) At the market.
(b) In the street.
(c) Across from the cemetery.
(d) On the steps of the cathedral.
3. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) The end of time.
(b) Jesus' eyes.
(c) The return of Jesus.
(d) The wrath of God.
4. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
(a) The girl he healed.
(b) The cardinal.
(c) The woman from the crowd.
(d) The king.
5. What will the church declare upon finishing the temple?
(a) It should be celebrated.
(b) It is built for truth.
(c) It is for the good of all men.
(d) It is done in Jesus' name.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ivan, did Jesus have any physical presence on earth in the 16th Century?
2. What does the grand inquisitor predict will be the crowds reaction to Jesus' punishment?
3. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
4. Why does the grand inquisitor ask the prisoner to imagine the questions were forgotten?
5. Where is the prison?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)