|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
(a) A girl coming back to life.
(b) A man's sight being restored.
(c) A man asking to be healed.
(d) Jesus appearing.
2. What is like "lightning flashing from east to west"?
(a) Jesus' eyes.
(b) The end of time.
(c) The return of Jesus.
(d) The wrath of God.
3. What does the Cardinal say would happen if Jesus turned stones into bread?
(a) Everyone would respect him.
(b) His love would be understood.
(c) Everyone would be obedient to him.
(d) The bread would be refused.
4. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
(a) To cook feasts given in honor of God.
(b) To burn condemned people alive.
(c) To warm the court rooms.
(d) To provide light every night for the proceedings.
5. How does the cardinal think the prisoner would hinder his work?
(a) Starting a separate inquisition.
(b) Stopping the inquisition.
(c) Runing for office.
(d) Adding more judges and courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what will the be the church's view on freedom?
2. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
3. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
4. Why does Ivan say, "there was nothing left but faith in what the heart doth say."
5. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)