|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will finish the new Tower of Babel?
(a) The great scientists and thinkers.
(b) The church.
(c) No one.
2. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
(a) Be appeased.
(c) Stop sinning.
3. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
(a) Fearful and mysterious.
(b) Burning and breathless.
(c) Silent and shadowy.
(d) Cool and windy.
4. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
(a) Understand freedom.
(b) Forgive sinners.
(c) Care for the weak.
(d) Show compassion.
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He touches Jesus clothes.
(b) He grabs Jesus hand.
(c) He asks Jesus.
(d) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor predict will be the crowds reaction to Jesus' punishment?
2. What is the significance of the Tower of Babel?
3. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
4. What is a "Literary Preface," in the case of this story?
5. According to Ivan, did Jesus have any physical presence on earth in the 16th Century?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)