|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who he loves.
(b) All who come in contact with him.
(c) All who pray.
(d) All who ask him.
2. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
(a) A judgement about of man's nature.
(b) Ideas about modern science.
(c) More factual details.
(d) A quotation from scripture.
3. Why does the cardinal think Jesus wouldn't feed the world?
(a) He thinks he is selfish.
(b) He does not think them worthy.
(c) He thinks the must work for their food.
(d) He did not want to buy their obedience.
4. In the Inquisition what are penances?
(a) Punishments for sin
(b) Lessons to be practiced
(c) Rewards for good deads
(d) Verses to memorize
5. What does the inquisitor say will eventually happen?
(a) Everyone will learn the truth about god.
(b) People will reject the church.
(c) People will reject the teachings of Jesus.
(d) Everyone will become free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
2. Where is the cardinal when he sees the crowd?
3. How does Ivan describe the prison?
4. What author's work doesn't Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)