|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the Tower of Babel?
(a) Physical power.
(b) Scientific acheivement.
(c) Man trying to equal god.
(d) Supreme knowledge.
2. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
(a) How they would be answered.
(b) Their prophetic nature.
(c) Their truth.
(d) Their importance.
3. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
(c) The cardinal.
(d) A jury.
4. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
(a) They know he is powerful.
(b) They hope he will reward them.
(c) He orders them on their knees.
(d) He tells the guards to arrest them.
5. What does the inquisitor ask the prisoner to judge?
(a) If the cardinal had sinned.
(b) If the inquisitor was right to judge him.
(c) If the spirit who questioned him was right.
(d) The cardinal's holliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prisoner's visitor?
2. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
3. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
4. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
5. What does the cardinal think will lead man away from Jesus?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)