|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
(a) Ideas about modern science.
(b) More factual details.
(c) A quotation from scripture.
(d) A judgement about of man's nature.
2. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
(a) Be appeased.
(b) Stop sinning.
3. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is not really him.
(b) It is not his final return.
(c) It is a vacation.
(d) He comes to Spain.
4. What does the grand inquisitor say happened to Jesus?
(a) He was taught prayers.
(b) He was asked three questions.
(c) He performed great miracles.
(d) He was blessed.
5. Why does the cardinal think Jesus' appearance will harm humanity?
(a) Jesus will punish the sinners.
(b) Healing people delays their journey to heaven.
(c) Anything Jesus does will be seen as a miracle, and will rob people of their ability to choose to follow him.
(d) Jesus' teachings are not true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the church believe about their reign of power?
2. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
3. How does the cardinal say Jesus responded to the first question from the spirit?
4. What is the first thing the visitor does when entering the prisoner's cell?
5. Who is traveling with the cardinal?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)