|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
(b) Understand the three questions.
(c) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
(d) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
2. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) Heretics were burnt.
(b) The king's court did not show up.
(c) The cardinal condemned burning.
(d) The grand inquisitor was not present.
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
(a) He asks Jesus.
(b) He grabs Jesus hand.
(c) He touches Jesus clothes.
(d) Jesus presses is hand to his eyes.
4. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
(b) Archangel Michael.
5. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
(a) Write down his words.
(b) Shout, "it is He."
(c) Elect him Grand Inquisitor.
(d) Ask him for freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the prisoner look at the grand inquisitor when he is being accused in his cell?
2. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
3. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
4. Why was the cardinal wearing different clothes the day before Jesus heals the blind girl?
5. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)