|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
(a) He thinks it is very orignal.
(b) He would like to refine it more.
(c) He thinks its one of the best parts.
(d) He thinks it is funny.
2. What does the Cardinal say would happen if Jesus turned stones into bread?
(a) The bread would be refused.
(b) Everyone would respect him.
(c) Everyone would be obedient to him.
(d) His love would be understood.
3. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
4. Why does the inquisitor think people will rise?
(a) Because they will not beleive in the church.
(b) They will need more food.
(c) They will want Jesus' power.
(d) Because Jesus can't control them.
5. Who is Ivan talking about when he says, "He comes on the scene in my poem, but He says nothing, only appears and passes on"?
(b) Archangel Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
2. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
3. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
4. What does the cardinal think will lead man away from Jesus?
5. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)