|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't the inquisitor say is brought to together by the spirit's questions to Jesus?
(a) Contradictions of human nature.
(b) The people's philosophy.
(c) The history of mankind afterward.
(d) Fact and imagination.
2. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
(a) A quotation from scripture.
(b) More factual details.
(c) Ideas about modern science.
(d) A judgement about of man's nature.
3. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
(a) Shout, "it is He."
(b) Elect him Grand Inquisitor.
(c) Ask him for freedom.
(d) Write down his words.
4. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is not really him.
(b) He comes to Spain.
(c) It is not his final return.
(d) It is a vacation.
5. What author's work does Ivan specifically reference in his "Literary" Preface?
(a) Peter the Great.
(c) Victor Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
2. According to the grand inquisitor, what will the be the church's view on freedom?
3. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
4. How does Ivan describe the night in Seville?
5. How does the cardinal say Jesus responded to the first question from the spirit?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)