|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
(a) The inquistion.
(b) The teachings of the church.
(c) His temptation by a spirt.
(d) Sin in man.
2. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
(a) To arrest a man.
(b) To disperse the crowd.
(c) To order the crowd to be silent.
(d) To protect him.
3. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
(a) He thinks his old teachings are perfect.
(b) Jesus teachings are not true.
(c) It would undermine the church's authority.
(d) He doesn't believe in Jesus.
4. How does the cardinal say Jesus responded to the first question from the spirit?
(a) Saying man lives not by bread alone.
(b) Calmly answering no.
(c) Telling the spirt it is wrong.
(d) Ignoring the question.
5. How does the prisoner look at the grand inquisitor when he is being accused in his cell?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ivan, what do the characters Our Lady and God discuss in "The Wanderings of Our Lady through Hell"?
2. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
3. What prompts the woman of the dead child to ask Jesus for help?
4. How does the cardinal''s face look?
5. What is the cardinal wearing when he witnesses the crowd?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)