|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cardinal's immediate reaction upon witnessing the scene outside the Cathedral?
(a) He smiles mischeviously.
(b) He orders a man arrested.
(c) He calls for his guards.
(d) His face darkens and his eyebrows tense.
2. Why does the cardinal think that the church will appear to be gods?
(a) They will perform miracles.
(b) They will free the people from spiritual thought.
(c) They will preach God's word.
(d) They will have be all powerful.
3. What religious historical event, "in the north of Germany" is called, "a terrible new heresy."
(a) The Auto de Fe.
(b) The Protestant reformation.
(c) The Crusades.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
4. Why does the crowd tremble in obedience to the cardinal?
(a) He orders them on their knees.
(b) They hope he will reward them.
(c) They know he is powerful.
(d) He tells the guards to arrest them.
5. What will the church declare upon finishing the temple?
(a) It should be celebrated.
(b) It is for the good of all men.
(c) It is built for truth.
(d) It is done in Jesus' name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cardinal doing the day before the prisoner is arrested?
2. According to the grand inquisitor, what will the be the church's view on freedom?
3. Why does the inquisitor say people must submit to authority?
4. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
5. What does the inquisitor say man can not understand?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)