|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the inquisitor think people will rise?
(a) They will need more food.
(b) They will want Jesus' power.
(c) Because they will not beleive in the church.
(d) Because Jesus can't control them.
2. Where do the guards take the prisoner?
(a) To a secret location outside of town.
(b) To the prison.
(c) To the cathedral.
(d) To the cardinal's chamber.
3. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
(a) The church will destroy it.
(b) It won't be finished.
(c) Jesus will finish it.
(d) It will crumble.
4. How do the people react to the guards seizing the prisoner from their midst?
(a) They protest verbally but do not intervene.
(b) They fight to push the guards back.
(c) They make way for the guards.
(d) They beg them for mercy.
5. Why does the cardinal think people don't want freedom?
(a) They are not smart enough.
(b) They hate all decisions.
(c) They can't understand it.
(d) It too difficult for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the cardinal think the prisoner would hinder his work?
2. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
3. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
4. What play was performed in the Hotel de Ville of Paris in the reign of Louis XI in honor of the birth of the dauphin?
5. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)