|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the people are silent before him what does the cardinal do?
(a) Preach a sermon.
(b) Explain his actions.
(c) Bless them.
(d) Demand their obedience.
2. What part of the scene in front of the cathedral does the cardinal witness?
(a) Jesus appearing.
(b) A girl coming back to life.
(c) A man's sight being restored.
(d) A man asking to be healed.
3. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
(a) There was a mighty storm.
(b) He learned to survive.
(c) The prisoner got lost.
(d) Jesus was tempted.
4. What does the cardinal say man will do for earthly bread?
(a) Be appeased.
(b) Stop sinning.
5. What does the inquisitor say will happen to the new Tower of Babel?
(a) The church will destroy it.
(b) It will crumble.
(c) Jesus will finish it.
(d) It won't be finished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cardinal say the church does that Jesus doesn't?
2. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
3. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
4. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
5. What order does the cardinal give to his guards after witnessing the scene in front of the cathedral?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)