|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the church's work founded on?
(a) Truth and happiness
(b) Fear of punishment
(c) Jesus promise to mankind
(d) Miracle, mystery, and authority.
2. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
(a) In the street.
(b) Across from the cemetery.
(c) On the steps of the cathedral.
(d) At the market.
3. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
(a) The prisoner got lost.
(b) There was a mighty storm.
(c) Jesus was tempted.
(d) He learned to survive.
4. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
(a) Proving his power to all.
(b) Asking for forgiveness.
(c) Healing the world.
(d) Seizing power.
5. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
(a) Alyosha asks a question.
(b) He pauses to question Alyosha.
(c) Alyosha has to leave.
(d) He gets tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
2. What is hiding the dead girl?
3. What does the grand inquisitor say is beyond the strength of man?
4. What does the inquisitor ask the prisoner to judge?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)