|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the grand inquisitor say man prefers death?
(a) Knowing right and wrong.
(b) Loving all equally.
2. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
(a) Their prophetic nature.
(b) How they would be answered.
(c) Their truth.
(d) Their importance.
3. Why does the grand inquisitor think man values more than bread?
(c) Love and happiness.
(d) Someone to worship.
4. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
(a) He pauses to question Alyosha.
(b) He gets tired.
(c) Alyosha asks a question.
(d) Alyosha has to leave.
5. According to the grand inquisitor, how has the church responded to the questions used to tempt Jesus?
(a) they have considered them philosophically.
(b) the have forgotten there nature.
(c) They have denied them as Jesus did.
(d) They have accepted them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
2. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
3. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
4. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say is more powerful than the banner of bread?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)