|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the grand inquisitor think Jesus created conscience?
(a) By not proving his identity.
(b) Living selflessly.
(c) Teaching man through example.
(d) In his interactions with students.
2. What does the grand inquisitor say is more powerful than the banner of bread?
(a) The church and the Inquistion.
(b) Providing food and shelter.
(c) Eternal love.
(d) Possession of the conscience.
3. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
(b) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
(c) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
(d) Understand the three questions.
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
(a) The church forces theirs on people.
(b) The church wants people to be free.
(c) Jesus doesn't want people to believe in his.
(d) Jesus does not beileve in temptation.
5. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
(a) For common worship.
(b) For honor and power.
(c) For freedom to worship.
(d) To preserve the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
2. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
3. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus did to spirituality?
4. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
5. Where does Jesus stop to meet the mother of the dead child?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)