|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what role does Jesus reject?
(a) Silent wanderer.
(b) Aribiter of truth.
(c) Giver of wisdom.
(d) Provider of food and shelter.
2. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
(a) Someone could come along and seize the conscience of humanity.
(b) He doesn't beleive people want bread.
(c) Man can not live on bread alone.
(d) He thinks spritual wealth is more important.
3. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
(a) Protesting for religous freedom.
(b) Trying to get him fired.
(c) Focusing religious attention on himself.
(d) Asking him too many questions.
4. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
(a) Ideas about modern science.
(b) More factual details.
(c) A judgement about of man's nature.
(d) A quotation from scripture.
5. What does the grand inquisitor say is beyond the strength of man?
(a) Living as one.
(b) Being more powerful than the church.
(c) Escaping the Inquisition.
(d) Understanding the engmatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hiding the dead girl?
2. What doesn't the inquisitor say is brought to together by the spirit's questions to Jesus?
3. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
4. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
5. Why does the grand inquisitor ask the prisoner to imagine the questions were forgotten?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)