|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
(a) How they would be answered.
(b) Their prophetic nature.
(c) Their truth.
(d) Their importance.
2. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
(a) For common worship.
(b) For honor and power.
(c) To preserve the church.
(d) For freedom to worship.
3. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
(a) His temptation by a spirt.
(b) Sin in man.
(c) The inquistion.
(d) The teachings of the church.
5. What does the grand inquisitor think people need in addition to life?
(a) Jesus and the church.
(b) Something to live for.
(c) Someone to love.
(d) Freedom to make decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the grand inquisitor think man values more than bread?
2. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
3. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
4. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
5. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)