|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The girl's sister.
(c) The crowd.
(d) The priest.
2. What does the inquisitor say man can not understand?
3. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
(a) He holds out his hands.
(b) He appears unobserved.
(c) He heals a blind man.
(d) He walks into a crowd.
4. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
(a) He thinks he has better ones.
(b) He is confused by them.
(c) He thinks they are too hard.
(d) He thinks they are wise.
5. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
(a) Appear in Seville.
(b) Heal a child.
(c) Heal a blind man.
(d) Preach a sermon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor think people need in addition to life?
2. In the Inquisition, what happens of one disagrees with the church?
3. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
5. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)