|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hiding the dead girl?
(b) The coffin lid.
(d) A veil.
2. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
(b) Understand the three questions.
(c) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
(d) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
3. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
(a) Asks what inspired it.
(b) Asks him to explain something
(c) Asks Ivan why he wrote it.
(d) He asks him to repeat someting.
4. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
(a) Their truth.
(b) Their importance.
(c) How they would be answered.
(d) Their prophetic nature.
5. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
(a) He doesn't beleive people want bread.
(b) He thinks spritual wealth is more important.
(c) Man can not live on bread alone.
(d) Someone could come along and seize the conscience of humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
2. What does the prisoner do to be recognized by the people?
3. In the Inquisition, who controlled penances?
4. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus wishes from people?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)