|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyosha ask Ivan about his story?
(a) He asks him to repeat someting.
(b) Asks what inspired it.
(c) Asks him to explain something
(d) Asks Ivan why he wrote it.
2. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The girl's sister.
(d) The priest.
3. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
(a) They say that Jesus is still living.
(b) They deny his existance.
(c) They ask to be worshipped as they were him.
(d) They say his teachings were their idea.
4. What does the inquisitor ask the prisoner to judge?
(a) The cardinal's holliness.
(b) If the cardinal had sinned.
(c) If the inquisitor was right to judge him.
(d) If the spirit who questioned him was right.
5. Why is there still doubt as to the truth of Jesus' divinity?
(a) He refused to prove it.
(b) People are afraid to have faith.
(c) Man is naturally sketptical.
(d) The church has destroyed faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
2. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
3. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what role does Jesus reject?
5. What does the grand inquisitor think people need in addition to life?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)