|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the church's work founded on?
(a) Jesus promise to mankind
(b) Truth and happiness
(c) Fear of punishment
(d) Miracle, mystery, and authority.
2. Who does the grand inquisitor say the prisoner talked to in the wilderness?
(a) A spirit.
(b) The people of Seville.
(c) Travelers on the road.
3. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
(a) Seizing power.
(b) Healing the world.
(c) Asking for forgiveness.
(d) Proving his power to all.
4. Why is there still doubt as to the truth of Jesus' divinity?
(a) The church has destroyed faith.
(b) Man is naturally sketptical.
(c) People are afraid to have faith.
(d) He refused to prove it.
5. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus did to spirituality?
(a) Protected it from the church.
(b) Burdened it with suffering.
(c) Created it in his actions.
(d) Saved it from destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the grand inquisitor think the bribe of bread is ultimately useless?
2. What does the grand inquisitor say accompanies faith?
3. In the Inquisition what are penances?
4. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
5. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)