|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
(a) There was a mighty storm.
(b) Jesus was tempted.
(c) The prisoner got lost.
(d) He learned to survive.
2. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
(a) Alyosha asks a question.
(b) He gets tired.
(c) Alyosha has to leave.
(d) He pauses to question Alyosha.
3. How does the prisoner look at the grand inquisitor when he is being accused in his cell?
4. What does the crowd do after they see Jesus perform healing?
(a) Shout, "it is He."
(b) Ask him for freedom.
(c) Write down his words.
(d) Elect him Grand Inquisitor.
5. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
(a) Their importance.
(b) Their truth.
(c) Their prophetic nature.
(d) How they would be answered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inquisitor say man can not understand?
2. What does the cardinal do when he repeats the spirit's questions?
3. To what does the grand inquisitor say man prefers death?
4. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
5. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)