|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
(a) To warm the court rooms.
(b) To cook feasts given in honor of God.
(c) To burn condemned people alive.
(d) To provide light every night for the proceedings.
2. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
3. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Cries, "it is He."
(b) Throws flowers at his feet.
(c) Elects him cardinal.
(d) Asks him for healing.
4. Who does Ivan NOT say was present at the auto de fe the day before?
(a) The pope.
(b) The cardinals.
(c) The knights.
(d) The king.
5. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Ask him to heal them.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fall at his feet.
(d) Crowd around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
2. What does the grand inquisitor say accompanies faith?
3. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
4. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
5. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)