|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
(a) There was a mighty storm.
(b) He learned to survive.
(c) Jesus was tempted.
(d) The prisoner got lost.
2. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who ask him.
(b) All who come in contact with him.
(c) All who pray.
(d) All who he loves.
3. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
(a) He thinks its one of the best parts.
(b) He would like to refine it more.
(c) He thinks it is very orignal.
(d) He thinks it is funny.
4. What doesn't the crowd do when they see Jesus perform two miracles?
(a) Elects him cardinal.
(b) Throws flowers at his feet.
(c) Asks him for healing.
(d) Cries, "it is He."
5. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A blind man.
(b) The Inquisitor.
(c) A condmened man.
(d) A dead girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the church determine right and wrong for the people, according to the grand inquisitor?
2. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
3. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus did to spirituality?
5. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)