|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
(a) Why he thinks the prisoner is Jesus.
(b) Why he asks the prisoner why he has come.
(c) Why he wants the prisoner killed.
(d) Why he tells the prisoner he was warned.
2. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
(a) Forgive all sins.
(b) Give them freedom.
(c) Establish his authority.
(d) Teach them his ways.
3. What is the grand inquisitor's manner with Jesus?
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what role does Jesus reject?
(a) Aribiter of truth.
(b) Giver of wisdom.
(c) Silent wanderer.
(d) Provider of food and shelter.
5. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
(a) For common worship.
(b) For honor and power.
(c) For freedom to worship.
(d) To preserve the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
2. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
3. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
4. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
5. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)