|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say happened to Jesus?
(a) He was blessed.
(b) He was asked three questions.
(c) He was taught prayers.
(d) He performed great miracles.
2. What does the inquisitor say couldn't be clear at the time of the questions?
(a) Their importance.
(b) How they would be answered.
(c) Their truth.
(d) Their prophetic nature.
3. What does the the grand inquisitor tell Jesus his fate will be the next day?
(a) He will be burned.
(b) He will remain in prison.
(c) He will be freed.
(d) He will have a chance to preach.
4. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
(b) Understand the three questions.
(c) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
(d) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
5. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
(a) Seizing power.
(b) Healing the world.
(c) Asking for forgiveness.
(d) Proving his power to all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
2. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
3. According to the grand inquisitor, what role does Jesus reject?
4. What does the girl do when she comes back to life?
5. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)