|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
(a) He gets tired.
(b) Alyosha asks a question.
(c) Alyosha has to leave.
(d) He pauses to question Alyosha.
2. According to the grand inquisitor, How does the church use Jesus to deceive the people?
(a) They say that Jesus is still living.
(b) They say his teachings were their idea.
(c) They deny his existance.
(d) They ask to be worshipped as they were him.
3. Why does the grand inquisitor ask the prisoner to imagine the questions were forgotten?
(a) So he would eventually forget them.
(b) So he could imagine their recreation.
(c) So he could invent better ones.
(d) So he could accept new ones.
4. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
(a) Healing the world.
(b) Asking for forgiveness.
(c) Proving his power to all.
(d) Seizing power.
5. Why does the grand inquisitor think man values more than bread?
(b) Love and happiness.
(c) Someone to worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor think people need in addition to life?
2. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
3. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
4. How does the cardinal think the prisoner would hinder his work?
5. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)