|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say accompanies faith?
2. What is the "auto de fe"?
(a) The return of Jesus.
(b) Public ceremony of punishment.
(c) A famous battle.
(d) A church holliday.
3. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
(a) Jesus does not beileve in temptation.
(b) The church wants people to be free.
(c) Jesus doesn't want people to believe in his.
(d) The church forces theirs on people.
4. Who is the first person Jesus helps in the crowd?
(a) A dead girl.
(b) The Inquisitor.
(c) A condmened man.
(d) A blind man.
5. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus did to spirituality?
(a) Protected it from the church.
(b) Burdened it with suffering.
(c) Created it in his actions.
(d) Saved it from destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
2. What does the grand inquisitor think people need in addition to life?
3. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
4. How does Jesus help the second person in the crowd?
5. How does Ivan feel about the part in his poem where the prisoner first appears?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)