|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus wishes from people?
(a) For them to treat each other as equals.
(b) For them to heal one another.
(c) To have them love him on their own.
(d) For them to live as one.
2. Why does the grand inquisitor say that Jesus didn't love people at all?
(a) He enslaved them.
(b) He gave them hope.
(c) He gave them freedom.
(d) He taught them the truth.
3. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
(a) Trying to get him fired.
(b) Asking him too many questions.
(c) Protesting for religous freedom.
(d) Focusing religious attention on himself.
4. Who in the crowd does Jesus Heal?
(a) All who come in contact with him.
(b) All who he loves.
(c) All who pray.
(d) All who ask him.
5. What does the grand inquisitor think is important about the Jesus' encounter with the spirit?
(a) The three questions.
(b) The energy created by it.
(c) The spirit's reaction.
(d) Jesus' response.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
2. What does the grand inquisitor say is more powerful than the banner of bread?
3. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
4. Why must the church determine right and wrong for the people, according to the grand inquisitor?
5. Why does the grand inquisitor think man values more than bread?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)