|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cardinal say earth's thinkers couldn't do?
(a) Understand Jesus' true teaching.
(b) Equal the force of the spirit's questions.
(c) Dicipher the true meaning of Jesus' temptation.
(d) Understand the three questions.
2. How does the grand inquisitor think Jesus created conscience?
(a) By not proving his identity.
(b) In his interactions with students.
(c) Living selflessly.
(d) Teaching man through example.
3. What does Ivan tell Alyosha is the chief part of the cardinal's speech?
(a) Why he thinks the prisoner is Jesus.
(b) Why he tells the prisoner he was warned.
(c) Why he asks the prisoner why he has come.
(d) Why he wants the prisoner killed.
4. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
(a) He thinks they are wise.
(b) He thinks he has better ones.
(c) He is confused by them.
(d) He thinks they are too hard.
5. Why does the grand inquisitor think man values more than bread?
(b) Love and happiness.
(d) Someone to worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the grand inquisitor say men have fought and killed?
2. Why doesn't the the grand inquisitor want Jesus to add to his teachings?
3. What is the second thing Jesus was tempted with?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus rejects in the wilderness?
5. In the Inquisition what are penances?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)