|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people do when they first do when they recognize Jesus?
(a) Fall at his feet.
(b) Crowd around him.
(c) Ask him to heal them.
(d) Run away.
2. In the Inquisition, what happens of one disagrees with the church?
(a) They can be punished.
(b) They are accepted anyway.
(c) They are shown Jesus teachings.
(d) The church is unconcerened.
3. What doesn't the inquisitor say is brought to together by the spirit's questions to Jesus?
(a) Contradictions of human nature.
(b) Fact and imagination.
(c) The people's philosophy.
(d) The history of mankind afterward.
4. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
(a) Give them freedom.
(b) Teach them his ways.
(c) Forgive all sins.
(d) Establish his authority.
5. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus wishes from people?
(a) For them to live as one.
(b) For them to treat each other as equals.
(c) To have them love him on their own.
(d) For them to heal one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the grand inquisitor say man prefers death?
2. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
3. In the Inquisition what are penances?
4. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the church's work founded on?
5. How does the blind man get Jesus to heal him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)