|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman of the dead child do when asking Jesus for help?
(a) Throws himself at his feet.
(b) Gently looks at him.
(c) Kneels gently down.
(d) Puts her hands to her heart.
2. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
(a) The church forces theirs on people.
(b) Jesus does not beileve in temptation.
(c) The church wants people to be free.
(d) Jesus doesn't want people to believe in his.
3. Why were the "fires lighted" in the Inquisition?
(a) To provide light every night for the proceedings.
(b) To warm the court rooms.
(c) To burn condemned people alive.
(d) To cook feasts given in honor of God.
4. Who isn't present in the girl's funeral?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The girl's sister.
(d) The priest.
5. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) The king's court did not show up.
(b) The grand inquisitor was not present.
(c) The cardinal condemned burning.
(d) Heretics were burnt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he is arrested in the story, what doesn't Jesus do?
2. How does the grand inquisitor feel about the questions that Jesus was tempted with?
3. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
4. What does the inquisitor add to his stating of the three questions?
5. Why must the church determine right and wrong for the people, according to the grand inquisitor?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)