|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the grand inquisitor, what is the difference about how the church and Jesus implement their philosophy?
(a) Jesus does not beileve in temptation.
(b) Jesus doesn't want people to believe in his.
(c) The church forces theirs on people.
(d) The church wants people to be free.
2. In the Inquisition, what happens of one disagrees with the church?
(a) They can be punished.
(b) They are accepted anyway.
(c) They are shown Jesus teachings.
(d) The church is unconcerened.
3. What doesn't the inquisitor say is brought to together by the spirit's questions to Jesus?
(a) The history of mankind afterward.
(b) Contradictions of human nature.
(c) The people's philosophy.
(d) Fact and imagination.
4. Why is Jesus' appearance deemed a visit?
(a) It is a vacation.
(b) He comes to Spain.
(c) It is not really him.
(d) It is not his final return.
5. What happened at the auto de fe the day before the prisoner is arrested?
(a) Heretics were burnt.
(b) The king's court did not show up.
(c) The cardinal condemned burning.
(d) The grand inquisitor was not present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks Ivan's Narrative?
2. How does the cardinal think Jesus would hinder his work?
3. What does the grand inquisitor say is beyond the strength of man?
4. What does the grand inquisitor say Jesus would do if he really loved humanity?
5. What does the grand inquisitor say happened in the wilderness?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)