|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Po and Katsa see leading a party of men?
(a) Po's uncle.
(b) Katsa's father.
(c) King Leck.
(d) The Captain of the Guard.
2. Who chases Po and Katsa?
(a) No one.
(b) A bear.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) King Leck's soldiers.
3. Why do four Monsean guards accompany Katsa?
(a) To find other soldiers and recall them to the castle.
(b) To protect Bitterblue.
(c) To help Katsa convince Po to come out.
(d) To make it clear that Leck is dead.
4. What did Po's mother fear her husband would do?
(a) Kill Po.
(b) Use Po's talents for his own ends.
(c) Exile Po.
(d) Use a priest to block Po's Grace.
5. Where are Bitterblue and Katsa the next morning?
(a) They are not sure.
(b) About halfway out of Monsea.
(d) Near Monsport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Po remember his mother telling him to hide?
2. What does Katsa kill after being attacked?
3. How does King Leck catch up to Ashen?
4. Why do Katsa and Bitterblue have to leave the contact before dawn?
5. How did Po survive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Po and Katsa find a place for Po to hide?
2. How does Katsa get Bitterblue through the pass?
3. Where does Katsa get aid when she gets out of the mountains, and what kind of aid does she receive?
4. What does Bitterblue say happened with her and her mother?
5. How is Po when Katsa finds him and what does he say that shocks her?
6. Why do Po and Katsa separate and when do they plan to see each other again?
7. Why does Katsa begin to teach Bitterblue how to fight and what does she teach her? How does the ship crew help?
8. What happens to Katsa when she hears Leck, and how does Po save them?
9. How does Katsa figure out that Po is blind, what does she do when she realizes it and what is Po's response?
10. What is the route Katsa and Bitterblue take out of Monsea, why do they let the horse go and what does Katsa do with the saddle?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)