|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giddon urge Lanie, the innkeeper's daughter to do?
(a) Join them at their table.
(b) Shake hands with Katsa.
(c) Come to his room that night.
(d) Bring them the best wine.
2. What gives Po some advantage when fighting with Katsa?
(a) He has trained with his brothers all his life.
(b) He knows a secret form of Lienid hand to hand fighting.
(c) He seems to know what she is going to do ahead of time.
(d) He is much taller than her.
3. For what does Katsa criticize Oll and Giddon when she meets them at the hideout?
(a) For being a little drunk.
(b) For sleeping.
(c) For making too much noise.
(d) For not having dinner ready.
4. What was decided at the meeting of the Council about the guards in the dungeon?
(a) The guards should be asked if they want to join the council.
(b) Katsa should give them sleeping pills.
(c) They must all be killed.
(d) That Katsa not kill them.
5. What does Po have Katsa do because she is feeling edgy?
(a) Go swimming in the river.
(b) Do her exercises.
(c) Hunt for game.
(d) Drink a calming herbal drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person in question #62 do that has angered the king?
2. What does Katsa do to take full responsibility for her behavior on the mission from the king?
3. What did the borderlord do that angered Randa?
4. What does Po suggests to Katsa they can do?
5. How many brothers does Po have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katsa find out who the fighter was she confronted in the dungeon, and how does her second confrontation go with him?
2. Where do Katsa and Po spend their first night on the road, and what do they tell each other?
3. What is Katsa's mission after she rescues Tealiff? What upsets her about it?
4. What happens with the guards of the borderlord, and what does he say when he is confronted by Katsa?
5. What does Po tell Katsa about King Leck?
6. What is Katsa doing at the beginning of the book, and what does she do with the people who would stop her?
7. What does Po learn about King Leck from the merchants?
8. What is Giddon doing with Katsa at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Katsa ask Po about his country and what does he say?
10. How is Katsa feeling the second evening on their way to Monsea, what does Po suggest, what do they end up doing about Katsa's feelings?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)