|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Katsa discuss Po?
(a) No one.
(b) King Ror.
(d) Captain Faun.
2. What does Po say he is much better doing?
(a) Sensing the world.
(b) Accepting his blindness.
(c) Understanding his pride.
(d) Accepting that he and Katsa will not marry.
3. Who is Giddon?
(a) The King of Ror's brother.
(b) An old admirer of Katsa.
(c) Bitterblue's uncle.
(d) The head of the Council.
4. What does Po say that shocks Katsa?
(a) That he wants to marry Bitterblue.
(b) That he intends to continue living in the cave.
(c) That he is wanting to renounce his inheritance and travel the world with her.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
5. What does Po leave with Katsa?
(a) His personal ring.
(b) His horse.
(c) His saddlebags.
(d) His necklace.
6. Who do Po and Katsa see leading a party of men?
(a) Katsa's father.
(b) King Leck.
(c) The Captain of the Guard.
(d) Po's uncle.
7. What does Po sense on the other side of a waterfall?
(a) A boat.
(b) King Leck.
(c) A hiding place.
(d) Some soldiers.
8. What lessons do Katsa and the ship's crew give Bitterblue?
(a) Bow and arrow.
(b) Sword fighting.
(d) Self defense.
9. Why does Katsa have to walk instead of ride?
(a) Po takes the one horse back to Monsea to try again.
(b) Po needs to take the horse to the ridge to scout.
(c) Katsa is afraid to ride.
(d) Po is on the one horse with Bitterblue.
10. How does Katsa get Bitterblue through the snow?
(a) Using the horse to clear a footpath path.
(b) Following a wild sheep trail.
(c) Carrying Bitterblue while using snowshoes Katsa makes.
(d) Tying a log behind the horse and letting it drag the two women.
11. What does Katsa do to keep Leck from manipulating her?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Holds her hands over her ears.
(c) Runs from the room.
(d) Knocks Leck out.
12. Where are Bitterblue and Katsa the next morning?
(a) Near Monsport.
(b) They are not sure.
(c) About halfway out of Monsea.
13. What does Katsa notice sometimes does as he is walking?
(a) Lose his balance.
(b) Drag one foot.
(c) Touches the area around him.
(d) His knee collapses.
14. Why do Katsa and Bitterblue have to leave the contact before dawn?
(a) The town guards has been alerted.
(b) So they are not seen by the contact's family.
(c) They have to be in Lienid within a week.
(d) They have to be in the Middluns within a week.
15. From what are Bitterblue and Katsa safe in Sunder?
(a) Bitterblue's older half brother.
(b) Po's evil step father.
(c) The mental grace manipulations of King Leck.
(d) Arrest by King Leck's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katsa overjoyed when she is in Monspot?
2. What is supposed to be under Katsa's control?
3. Who does Bitterblue say she is?
4. What does Katsa fear concerning Po?
5. What does Katsa figure out about Po?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)