|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Po survive?
(a) A kind old woman brought him food.
(b) A kind elderly man brought him food.
(c) Using his grace skills.
(d) He used all the food Katsa had stored there for him.
2. What does Katsa make out of some rabbit skins?
(a) A cover for Po.
(b) A way of confusing someone with tracking Grace.
(c) A coat for Bitterblue.
(d) A travois to carry the wounded Po.
3. Why does Katsa go to hail Captain Faun's ship?
(a) To get a ride back to Monsea.
(b) To tell her she is released from duty.
(c) To give her some money for the passage.
(d) To tell her to standby until the next week.
4. What does Katsa figure out about Po?
(a) His leg wound has not healed.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
5. What does Bitterblue say the King wanted to do to her?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Marry her off to the Prince of another kingdom.
(c) Take her powers.
(d) Torture her.
6. How does King Leck catch up to Ashen?
(a) He is riding horses and they are on foot.
(b) He uses his Grace to determine their path.
(c) She hurt her leg.
(d) She hurt her back by a fall.
7. To where will Katsa try to gain passage on a ship?
(c) They are not sure; it depends on what ships are in port.
8. How does Katsa get Bitterblue through the snow?
(a) Tying a log behind the horse and letting it drag the two women.
(b) Following a wild sheep trail.
(c) Carrying Bitterblue while using snowshoes Katsa makes.
(d) Using the horse to clear a footpath path.
9. What does Po's castle appear to be as they finally approach it from sea?
(a) A typical castle.
(b) A large house with a tower on top of a cliff.
(c) A small city.
(d) A fortress.
10. What is one way Katsa does not believe they can flee Monsea?
(a) Through the west mountains.
(b) Via Monport.
(c) Via Sunder.
(d) By hiding out in Monsea and hiring out to a merchant group as guards.
11. What happens to Ashen?
(a) She is killed by her husband.
(b) She escapes into the mountains.
(d) She is thrown into the dungeon.
12. From what are Bitterblue and Katsa safe in Sunder?
(a) The mental grace manipulations of King Leck.
(b) Po's evil step father.
(c) Arrest by King Leck's men.
(d) Bitterblue's older half brother.
13. What astonishes Bitterblue about Katsa's scratches?
(a) They are shaped like the animal that did the scratching.
(b) They turn blue.
(c) They heal quickly.
(d) They are like a map of the country.
14. What lessons do Katsa and the ship's crew give Bitterblue?
(a) Bow and arrow.
(b) Sword fighting.
(c) Self defense.
15. Who accompanies Katsa to Monport?
(a) Just Bitterblue.
(b) One of Po's brothers.
(c) No one.
(d) Bitterblue, Ror and Skye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Po say about his assault on King Leck?
2. What is supposed to be under Katsa's control?
3. Who chases Po and Katsa?
4. What did Po's mother fear her husband would do?
5. Why is Katsa overjoyed when she is in Monspot?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)