|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Po wonder about Katsa and Raffin?
(a) If Raffin is interested in Katsa.
(b) If they have been lovers.
(c) How long Raffin and Katsa have known each other.
(d) If she wants to marry Raffin.
2. What does Po do to try and find out who kidnapped his grandfather?
(a) Torture any informants.
(b) Pay the spy master.
(c) Goes to several nearby kingdoms.
(d) Go to the taverns and listen to the drunks.
3. How does the court feel about Katsa?
(a) They adore her.
(b) They are indifferent to her.
(c) They fear her.
(d) They are in awe of her.
4. Who is with Giddon when Katsa gets back to him?
(a) No one.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What does Po tell Katsa about Randa?
(a) Katsa has the power to break from Randa.
(b) Randa is not so bad.
(c) Randa is evil.
(d) She could easily kill Randa.
6. What is Katsa's position in the court?
(a) Spy master.
(b) King Randa's killer.
(c) Queen These's servant.
(d) Weapons Master.
7. What gives Po some advantage when fighting with Katsa?
(a) He seems to know what she is going to do ahead of time.
(b) He knows a secret form of Lienid hand to hand fighting.
(c) He has trained with his brothers all his life.
(d) He is much taller than her.
8. What does Katsa ask Po about herself?
(a) If he would be able to bear it if she went away.
(b) If he thinks she can stand up to Leck.
(c) If he loves her.
(d) If his family would like her.
9. What does Po think about the animals and King Leck?
(a) He has cut up the animals himself.
(b) They are only livestock that were killed.
(c) The king tried to save the animals.
(d) There are no cut up animals.
10. How does Katsa show her unique fighting ability in the morning?
(a) Catching trout with her bare hands.
(b) Saving Po from a poisonous snake.
(c) Killing a deer with a knife throw.
(d) Sneaking up on a goose and killing it.
11. What does the Lienid prince demand of Katsa?
(a) To fight him with no weapons.
(b) To know where she has put the man she rescued.
(c) To come with him to find his grandfather.
(d) To introduce him to the king.
12. What does she think the Graced fighter is doing with her at the dinner?
(a) Trying to get her to tell him where the prisoner was taken.
(b) Challenging her power.
(c) Nothing, he is ignoring her.
(d) Trying to get a date.
13. Where are Katsa, Giddon and Oll going at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Giddon's country estate.
(b) To Monsea.
(c) Po's island.
(d) Katsa's summer home.
14. Where does Helda work?
(a) She is the Head Housekeeper of the palace.
(b) In the King's nursery.
(c) In the orchard.
(d) In the palace kitchen.
15. What did the borderlord do that angered Randa?
(a) Smuggled goods out of the country without paying a tax.
(b) Insulted the King while drunk.
(c) Cut down trees without paying for them.
(d) Refused to send his son to court for fostering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Lienid fighter?
2. What does Katsa want to do about the Queen of Monsea?
3. Why does Katsa leave the dinner early?
4. What kind of Graced power does Helda's son have?
5. What does Raffin say about why Po keeps his ability to himself?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)