|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say did not make her uneasy about the Inspector General?
2. What does Marya say the Inspector General was talking about when he looked at her?
3. Who does the Governor say flogged the officer's widow?
4. How does Khlestakov describe Marya's neck?
5. What does Khlestakov say the town is not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Gogol use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does Gogol's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Compare a character to the person he or she was at the beginning of the play to what he or she is like at the end .
1) What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3) How has character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)