|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Osip say is ready?
2. What does the Governor say the Inspector General is like when he wears a frock coat?
3. Where are the sounds of coughing and footsteps coming from?
4. What does Khlestakov say he is burning with?
5. What does Khlestakov call the Governor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1830s? How does Gogol express these concerns?
2) How would the author have to change the play if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Gogol's life and career. What else did Gogol write and what similarities does his other work share with the Government Inspector? In what way are his life and personality reflected in his work?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)