|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khlestakov say Marya should have instead of a chair?
2. What does Osip say is ready?
3. What game did the Inspector General say he played with the ambassadors?
4. What does Dobchinsky say Anna eats?
5. Where does Khlestakov tell Osip to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1952, THE GOVERNMENT INSPECTOR was made into a film called REVIZOR. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book aree still relevant 100 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1830s.
1) In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2) How does the play express the changes Russian was going through at the time?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1830s Russia?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does Gogol's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)