|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Judge say he was elected by?
2. What does the Governor say it is evident the Inspector General is?
3. What does Khlestakov ask Anna to choose between?
4. What does Osip say is ready?
5. What does a voice off stage say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE GOVERNMENT INSPECTOR is a satire.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
In what way did the the play help to set the template for similar satires? Does modern literature still use the ideas Gogol uses in THE GOVERNMENT INSPECTOR?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does Gogol's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
What is a soliloquy? When and why is it used? How does Gogol use soliloquies in his play?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)