|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Osip say is ready?
2. What does Dobchinsky say Marya wears garments of?
3. Luka's wife's tears keep flowing like?
4. What does the Governor say he is as dizzy as?
5. Who does Marya say Khlestakov speaks like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how the author adapted it for his play:
1) Life in small Russian towns.
2) The lives of Russian officials.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Gogol's life and career. What else did Gogol write and what similarities does his other work share with the Government Inspector? In what way are his life and personality reflected in his work?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)