|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Governor say the Sergeants are standing?
2. How does Khlestakov describe Marya's neck?
3. What kind of bed does Khlestakov say he slept on?
4. What does the Governor say he is as dizzy as?
5. What game did the Inspector General say he played with the ambassadors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Compare a character to the person he or she was at the beginning of the play to what he or she is like at the end .
1) What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3) How has character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1830s? How does Gogol express these concerns?
2) How would the author have to change the play if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)