|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Osip say it is time to do?
2. What does the Governor fill his house with if you contradict him?
3. What does the Governor say him and Anna have turned into?
4. What does Luka say happens when an official speaks to him?
5. Why does Artemy think Luka Lukich should go first?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way Gogol uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1830s.
1) In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2) How does the play express the changes Russian was going through at the time?
3) Does modern society share any values with 1830s Russia?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Gogol's life and career. What else did Gogol write and what similarities does his other work share with the Government Inspector? In what way are his life and personality reflected in his work?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)