|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bed does Khlestakov say he slept on?
2. What does the Governor say everything is to woman?
3. What does Khlestakov offer Luka?
4. What has Piotr Ivanovich stepped on?
5. What does Khlestakov ask Anna to choose between?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1830s? How does Gogol express these concerns?
2) How would the author have to change the play if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What is a soliloquy? When and why is it used? How does Gogol use soliloquies in his play?
Essay Topic 3
How does Gogol structure the play? In what way is the play structured differently from other plays? How does the play's structure contribute to the play's themes and humor?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)