|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Marya's clothing does Khlestakov say he longs to be?
2. What does the Governor ask Miska to bring in?
3. What does Khlestakov address Marya as?
4. What does the Governor say everything is to woman?
5. What does Anna call the Inspector General's manners?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What is a soliloquy? When and why is it used? How does Gogol use soliloquies in his play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Russian and western culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)