|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khlestakov say he likes?
2. What kind of bed does Khlestakov say he slept on?
3. What does Marya say the Inspector General was talking about when he looked at her?
4. What Roman emperor does Artemy reference?
5. What do the merchants say the Governor makes people swallow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare a character to the person he or she was at the beginning of the play to what he or she is like at the end .
1) What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3) How has character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The Government Inspector books greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the play and discuss its similarities with the play in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
What is a soliloquy? When and why is it used? How does Gogol use soliloquies in his play?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)