|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Governor say has turned into a queer place?
2. What does Khlestakov offer Luka?
3. What does the Governor call the merchants?
4. Who do the merchants say they suffer insults from?
5. Where does the Governor say the Sergeants are standing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Gogol's life and career. What else did Gogol write and what similarities does his other work share with the Government Inspector? In what way are his life and personality reflected in his work?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does Gogol's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)