Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khlestakov look like?
2. What does Khlestakov say he threw into the official's eyes?
3. What does Osip say they will gallop away like?
4. Who does Marya say she was looking for?
5. What does Khlestakov ask Osip to bring him?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does Gogol's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
What is an aside? When and why is it used? How does Gogol use asides in his play? How is an aside different from a soliloquy?
Essay Topic 3
Compare a character to the person he or she was at the beginning of the play to what he or she is like at the end .
1) What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3) How has character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)