|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dobchinsky say Marya wears garments of?
2. Who does Marya say Khlestakov speaks like?
3. Who does Ammos ask to stand by him?
4. What kind of bed does Khlestakov say he slept on?
5. What does the Governor say everything is to woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Gogol use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
In 1952, THE GOVERNMENT INSPECTOR was made into a film called REVIZOR. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book aree still relevant 100 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how the author adapted it for his play:
1) Life in small Russian towns.
2) The lives of Russian officials.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)