|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khlestakov say the town is not?
2. What does Khlestakov ask Anna to choose between?
3. Why does Artemy think Luka Lukich should go first?
4. Who does Ammos say the Inspector General will rage at?
5. What does Dobchinsky say Anna eats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an aside? When and why is it used? How does Gogol use asides in his play? How is an aside different from a soliloquy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Gogol's life and career. What else did Gogol write and what similarities does his other work share with the Government Inspector? In what way are his life and personality reflected in his work?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Russian and western culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)