|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ammos drop on the floor?
2. What does Anna say the Governor has never seen?
3. Who does the Governor call a damned pack of Jews?
4. What does Khlestakov offer Luka?
5. Where does Khlestakov say he feels a pounding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE GOVERNMENT INSPECTOR is translated from Russian into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Gogol use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)