|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna say the Inspector spoke?
2. What does Khlestakov ask Osip to bring him?
3. What does Dobchinsky say Anna eats?
4. What does Anna say the Governor has never seen?
5. What does Luka say happens when an official speaks to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does Gogol's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1830s? How does Gogol express these concerns?
2) How would the author have to change the play if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Gogol's life and career. What else did Gogol write and what similarities does his other work share with the Government Inspector? In what way are his life and personality reflected in his work?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)