|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khlestakov look like?
2. What does Khlestakov say he threw into the official's eyes?
3. What does Osip say they will gallop away like?
4. Who does Marya say she was looking for?
5. What does Khlestakov ask Osip to bring him?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way Gogol uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare a character to the person he or she was at the beginning of the play to what he or she is like at the end .
1) What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3) How has character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The Government Inspector books greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the play and discuss its similarities with the play in terms of the following:
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)