|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the landlord going to make a complaint to?
2. What does Anna say she does not want to do?
3. Where is the Inspector General from?
4. What is Luka Lukich an inspector of?
5. Where does Khlestakov think the Governor wants to take him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Inspector of Schools show his nervousness?
2. What does Khlestakov say he will do if the Mayor will not allow him to marry Maria?
3. What does Osip tell Khlestakov about the Landlord?
4. Why are the women angry at the Mayor?
5. How does the Warden think they should handle the Inspector?
6. What food does Mishka have available for Osip?
7. Why is Anna angry with Maria?
8. How does the Mayor decide to proceed?
9. Why does Khlestakov say he wants to borrow money from the Judge?
10. Why does Khlestakov want Osip to bring him a pen and paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Russian and western culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
What is an aside? When and why is it used? How does Gogol use asides in his play? How is an aside different from a soliloquy?
Essay Topic 3
The Government Inspector books greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the play and discuss its similarities with the play in terms of the following:
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)