|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say she does not want to do?
2. What does Dobchinsky say the Inspector General talks like?
3. What color wallpaper will the Inspector General's room have?
4. Who does Anna say is smitten by Marya?
5. What was the name of the fish they ate for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Anna and the Mayor fantasize about doing when their daughter marries the Inspector?
2. Why do the officials leave the house?
3. What does Khlestakov think about the food?
4. What story do Dobchinksky and Bobchinsky tell?
5. How does Dobchinsky describe the inspector?
6. What does Khlestakov brag to the women about?
7. Why does the Mayor give Khlestakov 400 rubles?
8. Why is Anna angry with Maria?
9. Why does the Mayor think other towns are too busy to show people around?
10. What does Osip tell Khlestakov about the Landlord?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Gogol use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does Gogol's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)