|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the Governor been accused of beating up?
2. What color wallpaper will the Inspector General's room have?
3. What did the Captain send Sergeant Pugovichyn to do?
4. What does Anna say Khlestakov must have found unpleasant?
5. What does the Governor say Bobchinsky is sprawling like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Postmaster find out "the inspector" is not an Inspector after all?
2. How does Anna try to put down Maria?
3. What does the Mayor's friend suggest?
4. How does Dobchinsky describe the inspector?
5. What does Khlestakov think about the food?
6. What does Anna order Maria to do?
7. How does the Mayor react when the Chief of Police tells him he is wearing a hat box on his head instead of his hat?
8. Why does the Mayor panic when he hears the Inspector is already in town?
9. How does Khlestakov react when Maria tells him he has gone too far?
10. What does the Inspector of Schools say in an aside about gambling?
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way Gogol uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is a soliloquy? When and why is it used? How does Gogol use soliloquies in his play?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)