|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the governor say Derzhimorda should not be so free with?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His fists.
(c) His tongue.
(d) His hands.
2. What does Khlestovov think about selling?
(a) His socks.
(b) His pants.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hat.
3. What does the Servant say is for dinner?
(a) Chees and toast.
(b) Soup and goulash.
(c) Sausage and mustard.
(d) Soup and roast beef.
4. What institutions does Khlestakov say he wants to visit?
(a) Health institutions.
(b) School institutions.
(c) Government institutions.
(d) Philanthropic institutions.
5. What does the Governor say is his position in town?
(a) Police chief.
(c) Chief magistrate.
(d) Police captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Klestakov say he wishes to travel?
2. What color wallpaper will the Inspector General's room have?
3. Who does the Servant say sent him up?
4. What does Khlestakov call Osip?
5. What does the Governor say they will drink after lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khlestakov refuse the Mayor's offer of better accommodation?
2. How did the Postmaster find out "the inspector" is not an Inspector after all?
3. How does the Mayor react when the Chief of Police tells him he is wearing a hat box on his head instead of his hat?
4. Why does the Mayor think other towns are too busy to show people around?
5. How does the Judge react when he overhears the Mayor telling the Postmaster to steam open letters?
6. Why are the women angry at the Mayor?
7. What does the Mayor promise to God?
8. What does Khlestakov say he will do if the Mayor will not allow him to marry Maria?
9. What does Khlestakov say in his letter?
10. What does the Inspector of Schools say in an aside about gambling?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)