|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possession of the governor's in scratched?
(a) His revolver.
(b) His watch.
(c) His knife.
(d) His sword.
2. What does Anna say Marya's head is full with?
(a) Nonsense and lovers.
(b) Heroes and villians.
(c) Myths and lies.
(d) Dinners and dancers.
3. What does Anna say they they have been waiting on account of?
(a) Marya's ridiculous fancies.
(b) Marya's funny makeup.
(c) Marya's silly prinking.
(d) Marya's famous pies.
4. What game does Khlestakov say he wants to play?
5. What does the Governor ask is ready?
(a) His suit.
(b) The cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Governor say too much of is worse than none at all?
2. What does the Governor say he was dreaming of the night before?
3. What kind of shop does Khlestakov want to get credit in?
4. Where does the General tell the Captain to put Pugovichy on duty?
5. Who does Osip say should take it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the officials think is the best way to handle the Inspector?
2. Why does the Mayor want to get the Inspector drunk?
3. Why does Khlestakov say he wants to borrow money from the Judge?
4. Why does the Mayor give Khlestakov 400 rubles?
5. What does Osip tell Khlestakov about the Landlord?
6. Why does the Mayor's letter talk about caviar and herring?
7. How does Khlestakov react when Maria tells him he has gone too far?
8. How does the Mayor decide to proceed?
9. How does the Mayor defend himself?
10. How does Anna try to put down Maria?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)