|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Marya related to Anna?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her daughter in law.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her daughter.
2. What does the Governor say the assessor reeks of?
3. What does the Servant say is for dinner?
(a) Soup and goulash.
(b) Soup and roast beef.
(c) Sausage and mustard.
(d) Chees and toast.
4. What does the Governor say he was dreaming of the night before?
(a) A skunk.
(b) A dragon.
(c) Two mice.
(d) Two rats.
5. What game does Khlestakov say he wants to play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khlestakov ask the Governor to give him?
2. Where does Khlestakov think the Governor wants to take him?
3. What does the Governor say his salary is not enough for?
4. What newspaper does the Postmaster say some letters are more edifying than?
5. What does Anna say Marya's head is full with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the officials leave the house?
2. How does the Inspector of Schools show his nervousness?
3. What does Khlestakov think about the food?
4. How do the Merchants react to the Mayor's anger?
5. What story do Dobchinksky and Bobchinsky tell?
6. How do the Mayor and Anna react to Osip telling them that his master likes to hear that he is treated well?
7. Why does the Mayor's letter talk about caviar and herring?
8. What does the Mayor ask the Postmaster to do?
9. How does the Mayor excuse his behavior?
10. How does Dobchinsky describe the inspector?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)