|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Khlestakov think the Governor wants to take him?
(a) St. Petersburg.
2. What have the attendants turned the entrance hall into?
(a) A poultry yard.
(b) A brother.
(c) A bar.
(d) A smoking lounge.
3. What does Anna say Khlestakov must have found unpleasant?
4. What possession of the governor's in scratched?
(a) His sword.
(b) His watch.
(c) His revolver.
(d) His knife.
5. Why can't Prokhorov leave the house?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is unwell.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the history teacher say he is willing to sacrifice in the course of learning?
2. What does the Governor say his salary is not enough for?
3. What does Khlestakov ask the Servant if it is good?
4. What does the Governor say Russian Maderia can do?
5. What does the Governor ask Khlestakov if he wants to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Inspector of Schools show his nervousness?
2. What does the Mayor ask the Postmaster to do?
3. What does Khlestakov say he will do if the Mayor will not allow him to marry Maria?
4. What do the Chief of Police and the Mayor talk about?
5. What story do Dobchinksky and Bobchinsky tell?
6. Why does Khlestakov want Osip to bring him a pen and paper?
7. What food does Mishka have available for Osip?
8. Why does the Mayor think other towns are too busy to show people around?
9. Why does the Mayor give Khlestakov 400 rubles?
10. Why does the Mayor panic when he hears the Inspector is already in town?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)