|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Marya related to Anna?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her daughter in law.
2. What institutions does Khlestakov say he wants to visit?
(a) Health institutions.
(b) Government institutions.
(c) Philanthropic institutions.
(d) School institutions.
3. What does the Governor ask the Inspector General not to do to him?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Ruin him.
(c) Laugh at him.
(d) Hate him.
4. What does Osip say is in his belly?
(a) A storm.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A racket.
(d) A monster.
5. Why does Ammos think the government has sent the Inspector General?
(a) To enlist soldiers.
(b) To keep the village in order.
(c) To write a report.
(d) To uncover treason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Governor say it is his duty to assist?
2. What does Anna say she and Marya must attend to?
3. Who does the governor say is coming to town?
4. What does Klestakov say he will turn into if he does not eat?
5. Who is the landlord going to make a complaint to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Khlestakov think about the food?
2. How does Dobchinsky describe the inspector?
3. Why are the women angry at the Mayor?
4. How does Khlestakov react when Osip tells him the Mayor has arrived?
5. What food does Mishka have available for Osip?
6. What is Osip's opinion of his master, Khlestakov?
7. Why does Khlestakov say he wants to borrow money from the Judge?
8. How do the Merchants react to the Mayor's anger?
9. Why does Khlestakov want Osip to bring him a pen and paper?
10. What do the Chief of Police and the Mayor talk about?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)