|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the governor say he has called everyone together?
(a) To tell them unpleasant news.
(b) To tell them his new plan.
(c) For a dinner.
(d) For a big party.
2. What does Anna say they they have been waiting on account of?
(a) Marya's silly prinking.
(b) Marya's funny makeup.
(c) Marya's famous pies.
(d) Marya's ridiculous fancies.
3. What has Derzhimorda gone off in?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) A fire engine.
(c) A police car.
(d) A cab.
4. What kind of shop does Khlestakov want to get credit in?
(a) Grocery shop.
(b) Candle shop.
(c) Butcher's shop.
(d) Newspaper shop.
5. Where is Zemlianika?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Osip say is in his belly?
2. What dress does Anna tell Marya to put on?
3. What is the name of the Governor's daughter?
4. What is Ivan Kuzmich's position?
5. What does the General say he once made for his children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Inspector of Schools say in an aside about gambling?
2. What is Osip's opinion of his master, Khlestakov?
3. Why does the Mayor want to get the Inspector drunk?
4. How does Khlestakov react when Maria tells him he has gone too far?
5. What does Khlestakov brag to the women about?
6. What does the Mayor tell the Merchants?
7. How do the Mayor and Anna react to Osip telling them that his master likes to hear that he is treated well?
8. Summarize the play.
9. How does Khlestakov turn the conversation away from the accusation that he is lying?
10. What do Anna and the Mayor fantasize about doing when their daughter marries the Inspector?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)