|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Governor's daughter?
2. What does Klestakov ask the Servant for?
(a) A bathrobe.
(c) A vodka.
(d) The bill.
3. What have the attendants turned the entrance hall into?
(a) A bar.
(b) A smoking lounge.
(c) A brother.
(d) A poultry yard.
4. What does Khlestovov think about selling?
(a) His socks.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His hat.
(d) His pants.
5. Who is the landlord going to make a complaint to?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The Inspector General.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Captain send Sergeant Pugovichyn to do?
2. Who does Osip say should take it?
3. Where does the captain say he just was?
4. What character enters the room in Scene 2?
5. What does the Governor say too much of is worse than none at all?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Mayor ask the Postmaster to do?
2. Why does the Mayor give Khlestakov 400 rubles?
3. How does the Mayor excuse his behavior?
4. What do Maria and Anna argue about?
5. How does the Inspector of Schools show his nervousness?
6. How does the Mayor react to the letter?
7. Why are the Merchants angry at the Mayor?
8. How does Khlestakov react when Maria tells him he has gone too far?
9. What do the officials think is the best way to handle the Inspector?
10. What does Osip tell Khlestakov about the Landlord?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)