|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna tell Dawdling she wants?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A hat.
(c) A shawl.
(d) A pair of high heels.
2. What does Khlestakov say the beef is as hard as?
(a) A board.
3. What kind of coat is the short man wearing?
(a) A rain coat.
(b) A frock coat.
(c) A sports jacket.
(d) A fur coat.
4. Who does Khlestakov say he spits on?
(b) The Servant.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The Governor.
5. What does the Governor ask the Inspector General not to do to him?
(a) Laugh at him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Hate him.
(d) Ruin him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Governor's daughter?
2. What does Khlestakov say the tea smells like?
3. What does the governor take instead of his hat?
4. What does Osip say is in his belly?
5. Who does the Servant say sent him up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Mayor react when the Chief of Police tells him he is wearing a hat box on his head instead of his hat?
2. Why does the Mayor think other towns are too busy to show people around?
3. What do the officials think is the best way to handle the Inspector?
4. How does Khlestakov turn the conversation away from the accusation that he is lying?
5. What do Anna and the Mayor fantasize about doing when their daughter marries the Inspector?
6. Why is Anna angry with Maria?
7. How does the Judge react when he overhears the Mayor telling the Postmaster to steam open letters?
8. How does the Mayor defend himself?
9. Why does everyone run out of the Mayor's house so quickly?
10. Why does the Mayor's letter talk about caviar and herring?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)