|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say she does not want to do?
2. What is Sidor's job?
3. What does Klestakov say he will turn into if he does not eat?
(a) A rat.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A skeleton.
4. What does the Governor ask Khlestakov if he wants to do?
(a) Inspect a few institutions.
(b) Go out to a bar.
(c) Look at the town records.
(d) Go out to a restaurant.
5. Why does the governor say he has called everyone together?
(a) For a dinner.
(b) For a big party.
(c) To tell them unpleasant news.
(d) To tell them his new plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Captain send Sergeant Pugovichyn to do?
2. What world does Khlestakov say he is accustomed to living in?
3. What does the Governor say too much of is worse than none at all?
4. What does the Governor ask the Inspector General not to do to him?
5. What does Anna wave at the short man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Khlestakov think about the food?
2. How does the Mayor defend himself?
3. Why do the officials leave the house?
4. What does the Inspector of Schools say in an aside about gambling?
5. How did the Postmaster find out "the inspector" is not an Inspector after all?
6. What does Khlestakov tell Anna?
7. Why does everyone run out of the Mayor's house so quickly?
8. What does the Mayor's friend suggest?
9. What is Osip's opinion of his master, Khlestakov?
10. Why are the women angry at the Mayor?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)