|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ivan Kuzmich's position?
(c) Inspector General.
2. What possession of the governor's in scratched?
(a) His knife.
(b) His revolver.
(c) His watch.
(d) His sword.
3. What does Khlestakov call Osip?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A goose.
(c) A mule.
(d) A turkey.
4. Who does the Governor say it is his duty to assist?
(b) Government officials.
(c) Strangers in town.
(d) People in trouble.
5. What does the Governor say is his position in town?
(a) Police captain.
(b) Chief magistrate.
(c) Police chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the Governor been accused of beating up?
2. What does Osip say the servants are bringing up?
3. Why does the governor say he has called everyone together?
4. What does Governor tell Khlestakov he has come to present?
5. What dress does Marya say she would prefer to wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the officials leave the house?
2. How does Anna try to put down Maria?
3. Why does Khlestakov want Osip to bring him a pen and paper?
4. Why does the Mayor want to get the Inspector drunk?
5. What does the Inspector of Schools say in an aside about gambling?
6. Why are the Merchants angry at the Mayor?
7. What does the Mayor's friend suggest?
8. What does the Mayor ask the Postmaster to do?
9. Why does Anna think Maria is to blame?
10. How does the Mayor defend himself?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)