|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anna say is smitten by Marya?
(a) The Inspector General.
(b) The Postmaster.
(c) The Captain.
(d) The Governor.
2. What kind of shop does Khlestakov want to get credit in?
(a) Grocery shop.
(b) Candle shop.
(c) Butcher's shop.
(d) Newspaper shop.
3. Why does Ammos think the government has sent the Inspector General?
(a) To write a report.
(b) To keep the village in order.
(c) To enlist soldiers.
(d) To uncover treason.
4. What character enters the room in Scene 2?
(a) The Governor.
5. How is Marya related to Anna?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her daughter in law.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khlestakov ask the Servant if it is good?
2. What is Luka Lukich an inspector of?
3. What does Anna say they they have been waiting on account of?
4. What does the Governor say his salary is not enough for?
5. What does Khlestakov call the servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does everyone run out of the Mayor's house so quickly?
2. Why does the Mayor say Anna should be ashamed?
3. Why does the Mayor give Khlestakov 400 rubles?
4. What does Osip complain about?
5. How does the Mayor defend himself?
6. What does Anna order Maria to do?
7. How did the Postmaster find out "the inspector" is not an Inspector after all?
8. How does Khlestakov turn the conversation away from the accusation that he is lying?
9. What does the Mayor ask the Postmaster to do?
10. What does Khlestakov brag to the women about?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)