|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Governor say too much of is worse than none at all?
2. What does Dobchinsky address Anna as?
(b) My lady.
3. What was the name of the fish they ate for dinner?
4. Why can't Prokhorov leave the house?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is unwell.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is dead.
5. Who has the Governor been accused of beating up?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The officer's widow.
(c) The captain's widow.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the captain say he just was?
2. What does Klestakov say he will turn into if he does not eat?
3. Who does Osip say should take it?
4. What does Anna say the Postmaster probably does as soon as Marya turns her back?
5. Where did Klestakov have his lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Khlestakov tease the Inspector of Schools?
2. What do Anna and Maria argue about?
3. Summarize the play.
4. How does Khlestakov react when Maria tells him he has gone too far?
5. What do the officials think is the best way to handle the Inspector?
6. Why does the Mayor want to get the Inspector drunk?
7. What does Khlestakov think about the food?
8. How do the Mayor and Anna react to Osip telling them that his master likes to hear that he is treated well?
9. What food does Mishka have available for Osip?
10. What does the Mayor ask the Postmaster to do?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)