|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shop does Khlestakov want to get credit in?
(a) Butcher's shop.
(b) Candle shop.
(c) Newspaper shop.
(d) Grocery shop.
2. What does Anna say she and Marya must attend to?
(a) Their dinner.
(b) Their clothes.
(c) Their educations.
(d) Their toilet.
3. Who does Anna say is smitten by Marya?
(a) The Captain.
(b) The Inspector General.
(c) The Postmaster.
(d) The Governor.
4. What newspaper does the Postmaster say some letters are more edifying than?
(a) The Moscow Observer.
(b) The Moscow Gazette.
(c) The Perm Times.
(d) The St. Petersburg Chronicle.
5. What does the General say he once made for his children?
(a) A play house.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A board game.
(d) A house of cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Khlestakov think the Governor wants to take him?
2. What does the Governor say he was dreaming of the night before?
3. Where is the Inspector General from?
4. Why does Ammos think the government has sent the Inspector General?
5. What does Dobchinsky say the Inspector General talks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Anna and the Mayor fantasize about doing when their daughter marries the Inspector?
2. What does Khlestakov brag to the women about?
3. How does Khlestakov tease the Inspector of Schools?
4. How does Anna try to put down Maria?
5. How did Khlestakov lose all of his money?
6. Why does the Mayor want to get the Inspector drunk?
7. Why do the officials leave the house?
8. How does Khlestakov turn the conversation away from the accusation that he is lying?
9. Why does the Mayor say Anna should be ashamed?
10. What does Anna order Maria to do?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)