|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the governor say is coming to town?
(a) An Inspector General.
(b) His mother.
(c) A beautiful model.
(d) A police constable.
2. What does the Governor say Bobchinsky is sprawling like?
(a) A seagull.
(b) A lobster.
(c) A gorilla.
(d) A tiger.
3. Why can't Prokhorov leave the house?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is unwell.
(d) He is asleep.
4. What does Anna say they they have been waiting on account of?
(a) Marya's silly prinking.
(b) Marya's funny makeup.
(c) Marya's ridiculous fancies.
(d) Marya's famous pies.
5. Where did Klestakov have his lunch?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The jail.
(c) The inn.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Osip say he could eat up?
2. What does Khlestakov say was excellent?
3. Who does Anna say is smitten by Marya?
4. What does Khlestakov say the tea smells like?
5. What is Ivan Kuzmich's position?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Postmaster find out "the inspector" is not an Inspector after all?
2. How does Anna try to put down Maria?
3. What does the Mayor promise to God?
4. What does Anna order Maria to do?
5. What does Khlestakov say in his letter?
6. How does Khlestakov react when Maria tells him he has gone too far?
7. Why does Khlestakov say he is traveling?
8. What food does Mishka have available for Osip?
9. How does Dobchinsky describe the inspector?
10. How do the Merchants react to the Mayor's anger?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)