|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ammos ask to stand by him?
(b) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Holy Virgin.
2. What does the Governor say it is evident the Inspector General is?
(a) A liar.
(b) A fraud.
(c) A comedian.
(d) A young man.
3. What does Marya say the Inspector General was talking about when he looked at her?
4. What does the Governor fill his house with if you contradict him?
5. Who does Osip's master travel at the expense of?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) The government.
6. What does Anna say she saw when she met the Inspector General?
(a) An educated man.
(b) A good humored man.
(c) A cultured man.
(d) A honest man.
7. Where does Khlestakov say he feels a pounding?
(a) In his head.
(b) In his ribs.
(c) In his nose.
(d) In his heart.
8. What does the Governor say he is as dizzy as?
(a) As if he were standing on top of a tower.
(b) As if he were flying.
(c) As if he were standing on top of a mountain.
(d) As if he were standing on the belfry.
9. What does Luka drop on the floor?
(a) A pen.
(b) His coffee.
(c) His sword.
(d) A cigar.
10. What does the Governor say has turned into a queer place?
(a) The village.
(b) The world.
(c) The city.
11. What does Ammos drop on the floor?
(b) His sword.
12. What does Khlestakov say the town is not?
(a) A tourist trap.
(b) The capital.
(d) The center of the world.
13. What does Khlestakov ask Anna to choose between?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Him and her husband.
(c) Him and Marya.
(d) Life and death.
14. What does Artemy say he should have put on?
(a) His medals.
(b) His black boots.
(c) His top hat.
(d) His uniform.
15. What does Osip say is ready?
(a) The hotel room.
(c) The horses.
(d) The cabs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Governor call the merchants?
2. What does the Inspector General say Marya is not?
3. Where does Khlestakov tell Osip to go?
4. What does Klestakov say there are a lot of?
5. What does Osip say they will gallop away like?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)