|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Osip say is ready?
(a) The hotel room.
(b) The cabs.
(c) The horses.
2. What does Khlestakov ask Osip to bring him?
(a) A torch.
(b) A candle.
(c) A pen.
(d) A gas lamp.
3. What does Khlestakov address Marya as?
4. What does Anna say the Governor has never seen?
(a) Pretty people.
(b) Fun people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Decent people.
5. Who does Ammos say the Inspector General will rage at?
(a) The ambassadors.
(b) The Imperial Council.
(c) The military.
(d) The government.
6. What does Khlestakov look like?
7. Who does the Governor call a damned pack of Jews?
(a) The merchants.
(b) The police officers.
(c) The lawyers.
(d) The judges.
8. What does the Judge say he feels as if he were burning on?
9. What does Dobchinsky say Anna eats?
(a) Green salads.
(b) Delicate soups.
(c) Heavy goulash.
(d) Light soups.
10. What is the Judge holding in his hand?
(a) A bible.
(b) A revolver.
(c) A sword.
(d) A hat.
11. Who does the Judge say he was elected by?
(a) The government.
(b) His friends.
(c) The villagers.
(d) The nobilty.
12. Where does Khlestakov say he feels a pounding?
(a) In his head.
(b) In his ribs.
(c) In his heart.
(d) In his nose.
13. What does Khlestakov say Marya should have instead of a chair?
(a) A bed.
(b) A sofa.
(c) A stool.
(d) A throne.
14. What does Anna call the Inspector General's manners?
15. What does Luka drop on the floor?
(a) A pen.
(b) A cigar.
(c) His coffee.
(d) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the sounds of coughing and footsteps coming from?
2. What game did the Inspector General say he played with the ambassadors?
3. What does the Governor say it is evident the Inspector General is?
4. What does Dobchinsky say Marya wears garments of?
5. Who does the Governor say flogged the officer's widow?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)