|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marya say she was looking for?
(a) Her brother.
2. What does the Postmaster say they should say has been sent to the Inspector General?
3. What does Luka drop on the floor?
(a) A cigar.
(b) His sword.
(c) His coffee.
(d) A pen.
4. Who does Klestakov say was a little shorter the previous day?
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Judge.
5. What does Anna say she saw when she met the Inspector General?
(a) An educated man.
(b) A honest man.
(c) A cultured man.
(d) A good humored man.
6. What does Anna call the Inspector General's manners?
7. What does the Governor say he is as dizzy as?
(a) As if he were flying.
(b) As if he were standing on top of a tower.
(c) As if he were standing on the belfry.
(d) As if he were standing on top of a mountain.
8. What does the Governor call the merchants?
9. What Roman emperor does Artemy reference?
10. What does Khlastakov say Marya's lips are better than?
(a) The gold room.
(b) The sheep.
(c) The weather.
(d) The stars.
11. Who does Marya say Khlestakov speaks like?
(a) A man from the city.
(b) A dangerous man.
(c) A cultured man.
(d) A man from the capital.
12. Where does Khlestakov say he feels a pounding?
(a) In his head.
(b) In his ribs.
(c) In his heart.
(d) In his nose.
13. What is the Judge holding in his hand?
(a) A bible.
(b) A hat.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A sword.
14. What does the Judge say he feels as if he were burning on?
15. How does Anna say the Inspector spoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khlestakov say is his weakness other than smoking?
2. What does the Governor ask Miska to bring in?
3. What does Ammos drop on the floor?
4. What kind of bed does Khlestakov say he slept on?
5. What does the Merchant say tempted him to complain?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)