|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the merchants say the Governor makes people swallow?
(b) Salt herring.
(d) Salt water.
2. What does Khlestakov think people call him?
(a) A stud.
3. Who says "sh-sh"?
(b) The Inspector General.
(c) The Governor.
4. Who do the merchants say they suffer insults from?
(a) The Major.
(b) The Governor.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Governor's wife.
5. What does Khlestakov say is his weakness other than smoking?
(d) Good food.
6. Who does Marya say she was looking for?
(b) Her brother.
7. How does Anna say the Inspector spoke?
8. Who does the Judge say he was elected by?
(a) The villagers.
(b) The nobilty.
(c) His friends.
(d) The government.
9. Who does Ammos ask to stand by him?
(b) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Holy Virgin.
10. What does the Governor say everything is to woman?
(a) Hot and cold.
(b) Love and loss.
(c) Froth and bubble.
(d) Fun and games.
11. What does Khlestakov look like?
12. What does Dobchinsky say Anna eats?
(a) Light soups.
(b) Heavy goulash.
(c) Delicate soups.
(d) Green salads.
13. Where are the sounds of coughing and footsteps coming from?
(a) Outside the window.
(b) Khlestakov's room.
(c) From the kitchen.
(d) From the basement.
14. Why does Artemy think Luka Lukich should go first?
(a) He is a good humored man.
(b) He is the enlightner of youth.
(c) He is always alone.
(d) He is a fun loving soul.
15. What does Khlestakov say the town is not?
(b) The capital.
(c) The center of the world.
(d) A tourist trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Khlestakov tell Osip to go?
2. What does Dobchinsky say Marya wears garments of?
3. What does the Inspector General say Marya is not?
4. Who does Ammos say the Inspector General will rage at?
5. What does Osip say is ready?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)