|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Governor say flogged the officer's widow?
(a) The widow.
(d) The merchants.
2. What does the Governor say him and Anna have turned into?
(a) Gay birds.
3. What part of Marya's clothing does Khlestakov say he longs to be?
(a) Her socks.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her scarf.
(d) Her panties.
4. What does the Governor call the merchants?
5. What does Osip say is ready?
(a) The cabs.
(b) The hotel room.
(c) The horses.
6. What does Khlastakov say Marya's lips are better than?
(a) The sheep.
(b) The gold room.
(c) The weather.
(d) The stars.
7. What does Luka say happens when an official speaks to him?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He feels faint.
(c) He becomes hateful.
(d) He becomes tongue tied.
8. What does Khlestakov ask Anna to choose between?
(a) Him and Marya.
(b) Him and her husband.
(c) Life and death.
(d) Love and hate.
9. What does Luka drop on the floor?
(a) His coffee.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A pen.
(d) His sword.
10. Where does the Governor say the Sergeants are standing?
(a) The jail.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The river.
(d) The gate.
11. Who does Ammos say the Inspector General will rage at?
(a) The government.
(b) The military.
(c) The ambassadors.
(d) The Imperial Council.
12. What does Ammos drop on the floor?
(a) His sword.
13. What does Khlestakov say he threw into the official's eyes?
14. What Roman emperor does Artemy reference?
15. Where are the sounds of coughing and footsteps coming from?
(a) Outside the window.
(b) From the basement.
(c) From the kitchen.
(d) Khlestakov's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dobchinsky say Anna eats?
2. What does Khlestakov say he likes?
3. What does Anna call the Inspector General's manners?
4. What does a voice off stage say?
5. What does Osip say they will gallop away like?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)