|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anna want to live?
(c) St. Petersburg.
2. How does Anna say the Inspector spoke?
3. Who do the merchants say they suffer insults from?
(a) The Judge.
(b) The Governor's wife.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Major.
4. What part of Marya's clothing does Khlestakov say he longs to be?
(a) Her scarf.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her panties.
(d) Her socks.
5. What do the merchants want from Khlestakov?
(a) A favor.
(b) A room.
6. What does the Postmaster say they should say has been sent to the Inspector General?
7. What game did the Inspector General say he played with the ambassadors?
8. What does Anna call the Inspector General's manners?
9. What does Khlestakov ask Anna to choose between?
(a) Him and Marya.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Him and her husband.
(d) Life and death.
10. What does Khlestakov look like?
11. What does Khlestakov call the Governor?
(a) A swine.
(b) A swindler.
(c) A poet.
(d) A hateful man.
12. What do the merchants say the Governor makes people swallow?
(a) Salt water.
(d) Salt herring.
13. What does Ammos drop on the floor?
(d) His sword.
14. What does Artemy say he should have put on?
(a) His medals.
(b) His top hat.
(c) His uniform.
(d) His black boots.
15. What does Khlestakov ask Osip to bring him?
(a) A gas lamp.
(b) A candle.
(c) A pen.
(d) A torch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Governor say has turned into a queer place?
2. What does Khlestakov think people call him?
3. What kind of bed does Khlestakov say he slept on?
4. What does Osip say is ready?
5. What Roman emperor does Artemy reference?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)