|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Governor say everything is to woman?
(a) Fun and games.
(b) Froth and bubble.
(c) Love and loss.
(d) Hot and cold.
2. What does Luka drop on the floor?
(a) His coffee.
(b) A pen.
(c) A cigar.
(d) His sword.
3. What does Anna say the Governor has never seen?
(a) Pretty people.
(b) Fun people.
(c) Decent people.
(d) Rich people.
4. What part of Marya's clothing does Khlestakov say he longs to be?
(a) Her panties.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her socks.
(d) Her scarf.
5. Where does the Governor say the Sergeants are standing?
(a) The gate.
(b) The jail.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The river.
6. What does Osip say is ready?
(a) The cabs.
(b) The hotel room.
(d) The horses.
7. Who does the Judge say he was elected by?
(a) The villagers.
(b) The nobilty.
(c) His friends.
(d) The government.
8. What has Piotr Ivanovich stepped on?
(a) Anna's dress.
(b) The Governors coat.
(c) Horse manure.
(d) Bobchinsky's foot.
9. What does Khlestakov say he is burning with?
10. What does the Merchant say tempted him to complain?
(a) The other merchants.
(b) The promise of a promotion.
(c) A bribe.
(d) The evil spirit.
11. What does the Governor fill his house with if you contradict him?
12. What is the Judge holding in his hand?
(a) A sword.
(b) A bible.
(c) A hat.
(d) A revolver.
13. What does Khlestakov say the town is not?
(b) A tourist trap.
(c) The capital.
(d) The center of the world.
14. What does the Governor say the Inspector General is like when he wears a frock coat?
(a) A snake without a shell.
(b) A slug without slime.
(c) A caterpillar without legs.
(d) A fly with clipped wings.
15. What does Anna call the Inspector General's manners?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Governor say flogged the officer's widow?
2. What does Dobchinsky say Marya wears garments of?
3. What does the Inspector General say Marya is not?
4. Where does Khlestakov say he feels a pounding?
5. Who does Klestakov say was a little shorter the previous day?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)