|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna call the Inspector General's manners?
2. Who does the Governor say flogged the officer's widow?
(b) The widow.
(c) The merchants.
3. What does Khlestakov ask Anna to choose between?
(a) Him and her husband.
(b) Life and death.
(c) Him and Marya.
(d) Love and hate.
4. What does Khlestakov address Marya as?
5. What does the Governor say it is evident the Inspector General is?
(a) A comedian.
(b) A liar.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A young man.
6. What does the Judge say he feels as if he were burning on?
7. Who do the merchants say they suffer insults from?
(a) The Major.
(b) The Governor's wife.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Judge.
8. What Roman emperor does Artemy reference?
9. What does Anna say did not make her uneasy about the Inspector General?
(a) His humor.
(b) His rank.
(c) His high culture.
(d) His speeches.
10. What does Khlestakov look like?
11. What does Dobchinsky say Marya wears garments of?
12. What does Anna say the Governor has never seen?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Pretty people.
(c) Fun people.
(d) Decent people.
13. What does the Postmaster say they should say has been sent to the Inspector General?
14. What does Khlestakov ask Osip to bring him?
(a) A gas lamp.
(b) A pen.
(c) A candle.
(d) A torch.
15. Who does Marya say Khlestakov speaks like?
(a) A man from the capital.
(b) A man from the city.
(c) A cultured man.
(d) A dangerous man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ammos say the Inspector General will rage at?
2. What does Khlestakov think people call him?
3. What do the merchants say the Governor makes people swallow?
4. What kind of bed does Khlestakov say he slept on?
5. Who does Klestakov say was a little shorter the previous day?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)