|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bed does Khlestakov say he slept on?
(a) A feather bed.
(b) A silk bed.
(c) A water bed.
(d) A spring bed.
2. What part of Marya's clothing does Khlestakov say he longs to be?
(a) Her gloves.
(b) Her socks.
(c) Her panties.
(d) Her scarf.
3. What does the Governor say the Inspector General is like when he wears a frock coat?
(a) A caterpillar without legs.
(b) A snake without a shell.
(c) A slug without slime.
(d) A fly with clipped wings.
4. Who says "sh-sh"?
(a) The Inspector General.
(d) The Governor.
5. What does Dobchinsky say Marya wears garments of?
6. What does Anna say she saw when she met the Inspector General?
(a) A good humored man.
(b) A cultured man.
(c) A honest man.
(d) An educated man.
7. What does Khlestakov say Marya should have instead of a chair?
(a) A throne.
(b) A stool.
(c) A bed.
(d) A sofa.
8. What does Anna call the Inspector General's manners?
9. Who does Osip's master travel at the expense of?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The government.
10. Who does the Judge say he was elected by?
(a) The government.
(b) The villagers.
(c) His friends.
(d) The nobilty.
11. What does Osip say it is time to do?
(c) Find a hotel.
12. Who does Marya say she was looking for?
(a) Her brother.
13. What does Khlastakov say Marya's lips are better than?
(a) The stars.
(b) The weather.
(c) The sheep.
(d) The gold room.
14. What rank does the Governor want to achieve?
(d) Field Marshall.
15. What does Artemy say he should have put on?
(a) His top hat.
(b) His uniform.
(c) His medals.
(d) His black boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Governor call a damned pack of Jews?
2. What does the Governor call the merchants?
3. What do the merchants want from Khlestakov?
4. What does the Governor fill his house with if you contradict him?
5. Who do the merchants say they suffer insults from?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)