|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Khlastakov say Marya's lips are better than?
(a) The gold room.
(b) The weather.
(c) The stars.
(d) The sheep.
2. Who does Ammos say the Inspector General will rage at?
(a) The military.
(b) The Imperial Council.
(c) The government.
(d) The ambassadors.
3. What rank does the Governor want to achieve?
(d) Field Marshall.
4. Who does the Governor say flogged the officer's widow?
(b) The merchants.
(d) The widow.
5. What does Khlestakov say he likes?
(c) His family.
(d) The city.
6. Who do the merchants say they suffer insults from?
(a) The Major.
(b) The Judge.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Governor's wife.
7. What does the Merchant say tempted him to complain?
(a) The other merchants.
(b) The evil spirit.
(c) The promise of a promotion.
(d) A bribe.
8. What does a voice off stage say?
(a) Don't be chicken hearted.
(b) Don't be a gorilla.
(c) Don't be turkey headed.
(d) Don't be bird brained.
9. What does the Governor say him and Anna have turned into?
(c) Gay birds.
10. Who does Marya say she was looking for?
(a) Her brother.
11. What does the Postmaster say they should say has been sent to the Inspector General?
12. Who does the Governor call a damned pack of Jews?
(a) The merchants.
(b) The judges.
(c) The police officers.
(d) The lawyers.
13. What does Khlestakov say Marya should have instead of a chair?
(a) A stool.
(b) A sofa.
(c) A bed.
(d) A throne.
14. What kind of bed does Khlestakov say he slept on?
(a) A feather bed.
(b) A silk bed.
(c) A water bed.
(d) A spring bed.
15. What does Anna say the Governor has never seen?
(a) Fun people.
(b) Pretty people.
(c) Decent people.
(d) Rich people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Osip say they will gallop away like?
2. What does Luka drop on the floor?
3. Where does Khlestakov say he feels a pounding?
4. What does Anna say did not make her uneasy about the Inspector General?
5. What does Osip say is ready?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)