|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the sounds of coughing and footsteps coming from?
(a) From the basement.
(b) Outside the window.
(c) From the kitchen.
(d) Khlestakov's room.
2. What does the Governor ask Miska to bring in?
3. What has Piotr Ivanovich stepped on?
(a) The Governors coat.
(b) Bobchinsky's foot.
(c) Horse manure.
(d) Anna's dress.
4. What does the Governor fill his house with if you contradict him?
5. What does Khlestakov say is his weakness other than smoking?
(d) Good food.
6. Who does Ammos say the Inspector General will rage at?
(a) The government.
(b) The Imperial Council.
(c) The ambassadors.
(d) The military.
7. Who does the Governor say flogged the officer's widow?
(a) The merchants.
(d) The widow.
8. How does Anna say the Inspector spoke?
9. What rank does the Governor want to achieve?
(c) Field Marshall.
10. What does the Governor call the merchants?
11. What does Khlestakov offer Luka?
(a) A drink.
(b) A sweet.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A cigarette.
12. What does Khlastakov say Marya's lips are better than?
(a) The weather.
(b) The sheep.
(c) The stars.
(d) The gold room.
13. Who does the Governor call a damned pack of Jews?
(a) The lawyers.
(b) The judges.
(c) The police officers.
(d) The merchants.
14. What does the Inspector General say Marya is not?
(a) A bad one.
(b) A bad tempered one.
(c) A good one.
(d) A fun one.
15. What does the Governor say the Inspector General is like when he wears a frock coat?
(a) A caterpillar without legs.
(b) A snake without a shell.
(c) A fly with clipped wings.
(d) A slug without slime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luka say happens when an official speaks to him?
2. Who says "sh-sh"?
3. Who does the Judge say he was elected by?
4. What does Khlestakov think people call him?
5. What does the Governor say him and Anna have turned into?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)