|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sidor's job?
2. What does Khlestakov say he has never been so much in his life?
3. What does Governor tell Khlestakov he has come to present?
(a) His compliments.
(b) His services.
(c) His dinner.
(d) His daughter.
4. How does Klestakov say he wishes to travel?
(a) By train.
(b) In his own carriage.
(c) In the Governor's cab.
(d) By walking.
5. What does Anna say she has to do before she leaves?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Pin her scarf.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Send a telegram.
6. What does Anna say the Postmaster probably does as soon as Marya turns her back?
(a) Has a cigarette.
(b) Talks about her.
(c) Makes a face.
7. Where is Zemlianika?
8. What does the Governor say he does not crave?
9. Who does the assessor say struck him as a child?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His nurse.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
10. What does Khlestakov call Osip?
(a) A goose.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A mule.
(d) A donkey.
11. What institutions does Khlestakov say he wants to visit?
(a) Philanthropic institutions.
(b) School institutions.
(c) Health institutions.
(d) Government institutions.
12. What does Dobchinsky address Anna as?
(b) My lady.
13. Who does the Servant say sent him up?
(b) The Governor.
(c) The innkeeper.
(d) The landlord.
14. What does Anna say Marya's head is full with?
(a) Myths and lies.
(b) Nonsense and lovers.
(c) Heroes and villians.
(d) Dinners and dancers.
15. What does Anna say she and Marya must attend to?
(a) Their educations.
(b) Their toilet.
(c) Their dinner.
(d) Their clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Governor say he was dreaming of the night before?
2. What newspaper does the Postmaster say some letters are more edifying than?
3. What was the name of the fish they ate for dinner?
4. What have the attendants turned the entrance hall into?
5. What does the Governor say is his position in town?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)