|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say the Postmaster probably does as soon as Marya turns her back?
(a) Has a cigarette.
(b) Talks about her.
(d) Makes a face.
2. Where is the Inspector General from?
(c) St. Petersburg.
3. What does the Governor say Russian Maderia can do?
(a) Knock a train fromthe track.
(b) Fell a gorilla.
(c) Knock an elephant off its legs.
(d) Make a party in the jungle.
4. What does Anna say they they have been waiting on account of?
(a) Marya's ridiculous fancies.
(b) Marya's famous pies.
(c) Marya's funny makeup.
(d) Marya's silly prinking.
5. What did the Captain send Sergeant Pugovichyn to do?
(a) Clean the streets.
(b) Draw some pictures.
(c) Clean the Governor's building.
(d) Arrest some patients.
6. What does Osip say is in his belly?
(a) A racket.
(b) A storm.
(c) A monster.
(d) An earthquake.
7. What does Khlestakov call Osip?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A mule.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A goose.
8. What does Khlestakov say the tea smells like?
9. What does Governor tell Khlestakov he has come to present?
(a) His dinner.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His compliments.
(d) His services.
10. What country does the Postmaster think Russia will go to war with?
11. What does Dobchinsky say the Inspector General talks like?
(a) As if he were older.
(b) As if he were a child.
(c) As if he were an academic.
(d) As if were a simpleton.
12. What does the Governor ask the Inspector General not to do to him?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Hate him.
(c) Laugh at him.
(d) Ruin him.
13. What character enters the room in Scene 2?
(c) The Governor.
14. Where does Khlestakov think the Governor wants to take him?
(a) St. Petersburg.
15. What does the governor say the patients look as grimy as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What dress does Anna tell Marya to put on?
2. Where does the captain say he just was?
3. What newspaper does the Postmaster say some letters are more edifying than?
4. Who does Osip say should take it?
5. What world does Khlestakov say he is accustomed to living in?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)