|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anna say is smitten by Marya?
(a) The Inspector General.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Postmaster.
2. What does Anna say Marya's head is full with?
(a) Nonsense and lovers.
(b) Myths and lies.
(c) Heroes and villians.
(d) Dinners and dancers.
3. What does Anna say she does not want to do?
4. What does Anna say she has to do before she leaves?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Send a telegram.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Pin her scarf.
5. What does Khlestakov say the tea smells like?
6. What dress does Marya say she would prefer to wear?
(a) Her red dress.
(b) Her summer dress.
(c) Her striped dress.
(d) Her flowered dress.
7. What does the Governor say Russian Maderia can do?
(a) Knock an elephant off its legs.
(b) Fell a gorilla.
(c) Make a party in the jungle.
(d) Knock a train fromthe track.
8. What does Dobchinsky address Anna as?
(a) My lady.
9. What does Dobchinsky say the Inspector General's eyes dart about like?
(a) A little animal's.
(c) A little bird's.
(d) A child's.
10. What has Derzhimorda gone off in?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) A police car.
(c) A cab.
(d) A fire engine.
11. What character enters the room in Scene 2?
(c) The Governor.
12. Where does Khlestakov think the Governor wants to take him?
(c) St. Petersburg.
13. Who does the assessor say struck him as a child?
(a) His nurse.
(b) His nanny.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
14. What does the Governor say is his position in town?
(b) Police captain.
(c) Police chief.
(d) Chief magistrate.
15. What does Klestakov say he will turn into if he does not eat?
(a) A rat.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A skeleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Zemlianika?
2. What does the governor say the patients look as grimy as?
3. Who has the Governor been accused of beating up?
4. What does the Governor ask Khlestakov if he wants to do?
5. What does Klestakov ask the Servant for?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)