|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Klestakov say he wishes to travel?
(a) In the Governor's cab.
(b) By walking.
(c) By train.
(d) In his own carriage.
2. What does Anna call Avdotya?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A goose.
(d) A rat.
3. What character enters the room in Scene 2?
(b) The Governor.
4. Who does the assessor say struck him as a child?
(a) His nurse.
(b) His mother.
(c) His nanny.
(d) His father.
5. Who is the landlord going to make a complaint to?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The Inspector General.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Captain.
6. Who does Anna say is smitten by Marya?
(a) The Captain.
(b) The Postmaster.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Inspector General.
7. What does Khlestakov ask the Governor to give him?
8. What does the Governor say he was dreaming of the night before?
(a) Two rats.
(b) Two mice.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A skunk.
9. Where does the captain say he just was?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a pub.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) Outside the gate.
10. What does Osip say he could eat up?
(a) A whole 5 course meal.
(b) The whole world.
(c) A flock of seagulls.
(d) A whole stable.
11. What is Luka Lukich an inspector of?
(d) Government buildings.
12. What was the name of the fish they ate for dinner?
13. Who does the Governor say it is his duty to assist?
(b) People in trouble.
(c) Strangers in town.
(d) Government officials.
14. What does Osip say he does not need?
(c) A bed.
15. How is Marya related to Anna?
(a) Her daughter in law.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Governor say Russian Maderia can do?
2. Who does Osip say should take it?
3. What does Khlestakov call Osip?
4. Why does Ammos think the government has sent the Inspector General?
5. What does the Governor ask is ready?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)