|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say the Postmaster probably does as soon as Marya turns her back?
(b) Has a cigarette.
(c) Talks about her.
(d) Makes a face.
2. What does Anna say she has to do before she leaves?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Pin her scarf.
(d) Send a telegram.
3. Where does the General tell the Captain to put Pugovichy on duty?
(a) The river.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The train station.
(d) The lake.
4. What does Anna say Marya's head is full with?
(a) Myths and lies.
(b) Dinners and dancers.
(c) Heroes and villians.
(d) Nonsense and lovers.
5. Who does Anna say is smitten by Marya?
(a) The Postmaster.
(b) The Inspector General.
(c) The Captain.
(d) The Governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession of the governor's in scratched?
2. What does the Governor ask is ready?
3. What newspaper does the Postmaster say some letters are more edifying than?
4. What is Ivan Kuzmich's position?
5. What does the governor say the patients look as grimy as?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)