|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gabriel steal money?
2. Which of the following events happened when Elizabeth was 8?
3. Who was Elizabeth upset about having to leave behind?
4. What does Elizabeth call her innocence?
5. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
Essay Topic 1
Go Tell It on the Mountains is said to be a semi-biographical account of Baldwin's life. What similarities does the novel have with Baldwin's life? What character is most like Baldwin and why? What details has Baldwin changed about his life and why did he change these details?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Baldwin's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?In what ways is he like or unlike the main character John?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Gabriel and Elizabeth.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Why do you think they cannot sort out their differences?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)