|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth think she should have told Richard about her pregnancy?
2. Which of the following events happened when Elizabeth was 8?
3. What important event happened in Gabriel life at the age of 22?
4. What does Richard do after his trial?
5. Where did Richard ask Elizabeth to move with him to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between the north and the south? Why have so many of the novel's characters moved from the south to the north?
Essay Topic 2
Go Tell It on the Mountains is said to be a semi-biographical account of Baldwin's life. What similarities does the novel have with Baldwin's life? What character is most like Baldwin and why? What details has Baldwin changed about his life and why did he change these details?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Baldwin's writing style. How would you describe his prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Baldwin's style give to his story?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)