Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gabriel steal money?
2. Which of the following events happened when Elizabeth was 8?
3. Who was Elizabeth upset about having to leave behind?
4. What does Elizabeth call her innocence?
5. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Baptist Church.
1) How does the Baptist Church version of Christianity differ form other denominations versions of Christianity.
2) Why is baptism so closely linked to African Americans.
Essay Topic 2
Go Tell It on the Mountain is written in the third person. Why do you think Baldwin chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it was written in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the representation of white people in the book. Why does Baldwin not represent white people in his novel? What affect does this have on the readers perception of white people during this time?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)