Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gabriel steal money?
2. Which of the following events happened when Elizabeth was 8?
3. Who was Elizabeth upset about having to leave behind?
4. What does Elizabeth call her innocence?
5. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
Examine Baldwin's writing style. How would you describe his prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Baldwin's style give to his story?
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Away from the main characters examine the way Baldwin uses the other people in the story to express his point of view.
What are the differences between the north and the south? Why have so many of the novel's characters moved from the south to the north?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)