|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth recall as a frightening experience?
2. Which of the following words can be used to describe Esther?
3. What does Gabriel see in John's eyes?
4. What part of New York did Elizabeth meet Florence?
5. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Gabriel and Elizabeth.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Why do you think they cannot sort out their differences?
Essay Topic 2
Go Tell It on the Mountains is said to be a semi-biographical account of Baldwin's life. What similarities does the novel have with Baldwin's life? What character is most like Baldwin and why? What details has Baldwin changed about his life and why did he change these details?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Baldwin's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?In what ways is he like or unlike the main character John?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)