|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth like about Florence?
2. What does Elizabeth insist Gabriel does not do?
3. Which character says "the black scum of this wicked city?"
4. What shift did Elizabeth work at the Wall Street offices?
5. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Go Tell It on the Mountains is said to be a semi-biographical account of Baldwin's life. What similarities does the novel have with Baldwin's life? What character is most like Baldwin and why? What details has Baldwin changed about his life and why did he change these details?
Essay Topic 2
How did the American public and critics react to the Go Tell It on the Mountain when it was first released? How would people react to the novel if it was released today?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Baldwin use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)