|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Roy and his mother argue about?
2. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
3. What was John the first member of his family to do?
4. What does Elizabeth say to defend her husband to Roy?
5. Who does Florence kneel with at the altar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John react to Gabriel's severe remarks?
2. Hoe does Florence stun Gabriel?
3. In what way do Florence and Gabriel's ideas differ about God?
4. What vision does John have about Gabriel?
5. What did Florence not like about Frank?
6. What sound does John say he hears?
7. Summarize Go Tell It to The Mountain.
8. Summarize part 1.
9. How does John's family separate as they walk with the family back home?
10. What kind of life did Elizabeth initially have in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. Identify how does Baldwin's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between the north and the south? Why have so many of the novel's characters moved from the south to the north?
Essay Topic 3
Go Tell It on the Mountain is written in the third person. Why do you think Baldwin chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it was written in the first person?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)