|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say to defend her husband to Roy?
2. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
3. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
4. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
5. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gabriel become the star of a religious conference in Chicago?
2. Why did Florence's mother religious zealotry wear her down?
3. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for Richard's death?
4. What bible passages did Florence's mother like to repeat?
5. How does Gabriel think God can help Elizabeth?
6. Why does Gabriel marry Deborah?
7. What brings Elizabeth out of her thoughts?
8. How did Elizabeth meet Gabriel?
9. What is John's attitude towards religion?
10. Summarize the final chapter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. Identify how does Baldwin's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Go Tell It on the Mountains is said to be a semi-biographical account of Baldwin's life. What similarities does the novel have with Baldwin's life? What character is most like Baldwin and why? What details has Baldwin changed about his life and why did he change these details?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of 1930s.
1) Why was religion so important to black people?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does today's society share any values with 1930s America?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)