|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has lead Florence to church?
2. What park does John go to in this section?
3. What has Roy been injured by?
4. Who does Florence kneel with at the altar?
5. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gabriel think God can help Elizabeth?
2. Why does Gabriel marry Deborah?
3. How does John's mother react to John being saved?
4. How did Elizabeth meet Gabriel?
5. What does John see as he walks to church?
6. What was Richard like when Elizabeth first met him?
7. Why did Elizabeth not tell Richard she was pregnant?
8. What did Gabriel spend most of his time doing as a young man?
9. How did Gabriel try to get Esther out of his life when she fell pregnant?
10. What does John think about his mother and father's relationship?
Essay Topic 1
Go Tell It on the Mountains is said to be a semi-biographical account of Baldwin's life. What similarities does the novel have with Baldwin's life? What character is most like Baldwin and why? What details has Baldwin changed about his life and why did he change these details?
Essay Topic 2
Go Tell It on the Mountain is written in the third person. Why do you think Baldwin chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it was written in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)