|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose forehead does Gabriel want to crush?
(d) A whiteman's
2. What room in the white people's house did Gabriel first make love to Esther?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The bedroom
(c) The games room
(d) The lounge
3. Who is Gabriel worried is under the power of the lord?
4. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
(a) Her anger
(b) Her arrogance
(c) Her pride
(d) Her humor
5. Why does Gabriel look down on Elizabeth?
(a) She once slept with a white man
(b) She has not repented for giving birth to John
(c) She does always go to church
(d) She is from common stock
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Elizabeth use to describe her relationship with Gabriel?
2. Why did Elizabeth think that Gabriel would make a strong father?
3. Who was Elizabeth upset about having to leave behind?
4. Why does Elizabeth think she should have told Richard about her pregnancy?
5. Who is the son that God promised Gabriel in a dream?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)