|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say she wants to take advantage of by moving north?
(a) The higher currency rate
(b) The relaxed atmosphere
(c) Opportunities for black people
(d) The music culture
2. Who did Elizabeth meet in 1919?
3. Why would no one else marry Deborah?
(a) She was ugly
(b) She was crazy
(c) She could not bear children
(d) She had been raped
4. Who does Gabriel think sent Esther to him?
(a) The rival church
(b) White men
5. What did Elizabeth like about Florence?
(a) Her no nonsense personality
(b) Her sense of humor
(c) Her honesty
(d) Her sense of fun
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elizabeth find a job?
2. What did Elizabeth's aunt say God would do to her soon enough?
3. Why does Gabriel not want John to come under the power of the lord?
4. What does Gabriel say God has promised him?
5. Why does Elizabeth say she started sleeping with Richard in New York?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)