|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth work as on Wall Street?
(a) A financial analyst
(b) A shoe shiner
(c) A secretary
(d) A cleaner
2. Why does Gabriel not want John to come under the power of the lord?
(a) He has a better life ahead of him
(b) He will make a better preacher than himself
(c) He is not his real son
(d) He is evil
3. What had the black youth just robbed?
(a) A bank
(b) A store
(c) A house
(d) An old lady
4. Why did Elizabeth decide not to tell Richard she was pregnant?
(a) She was too ashamed
(b) She did not wnat to marry him
(c) She did not want to burden him
(d) She did not think he would be a good father
5. Why did Gabriel steal money?
(a) So Esther could move away
(b) To fix the church roof
(c) To runaway with Esther
(d) To pay for an abortion
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Elizabeth not leave Richard?
2. Where does Elizabeth find a job?
3. Who is the only man Elizabeth has truly loved?
4. Why did Elizabeth think that Gabriel would make a strong father?
5. Which of the following does Elizabeth use to describe her relationship with Gabriel?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)