|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gabriel steal money?
(a) So Esther could move away
(b) To runaway with Esther
(c) To fix the church roof
(d) To pay for an abortion
2. What does Deborah say Gabriel has to do to find forgiveness?
(a) Bury Royal
(b) Devote his life to the lord
(c) Pray to the lord
(d) Admit that Royal was his son
3. Why does Elizabeth say she started sleeping with Richard in New York?
(a) No one cared how she acted
(b) She found him irresistible
(c) She wanted to show him she would make a good wife
(d) She wanted a child
4. Why would no one else marry Deborah?
(a) She could not bear children
(b) She was crazy
(c) She had been raped
(d) She was ugly
5. Who does Gabriel think sent Esther to him?
(b) White men
(c) The rival church
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hopes that one day God will grind white people into humility?
2. Who in his life does John say he hates?
3. Why does Gabriel look down on Elizabeth?
4. What does Gabriel promise Elizabeth he will bring her back to?
5. Where did Elizabeth move to with her aunt?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)