|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence's mother say is the way to pray?
(a) To pray in front of a saint
(b) To never think about yourself
(c) To pour out your sins
(d) To forget everything but Jesus
2. What war did Frank die in?
(a) Second World War
(b) Vietnam War
(c) The Boer War
(d) First World War
3. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
4. What was Florence denied by her mother?
5. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
(a) It means some hardships have come to her
(b) It means he has a won a bet with her
(c) It means she can still go to heaven
(d) It means he can make her feel bad
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
2. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
3. What does John's mother give him for his birthday?
4. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
5. What does Gabriel do when Elizabeth tells him no one is to blame for Roy's behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sound does John say he hears?
2. What happened to Elizabeth when she was eight years old?
3. What does Florence regret about her relationship with Frank?
4. In what way are John and Roy completely different characters?
5. Summarize Go Tell It to The Mountain.
6. Why does Gabriel marry Deborah?
7. Why did Elizabeth initially like Gabriel?
8. What bible passages did Florence's mother like to repeat?
9. Why does Gabriel like Deborah?
10. Why does John think God will punish him for his sins?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)