|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
(a) Uncle Toms
(b) Uppity niggers
(c) Common niggers
2. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
3. What character does John admire?
4. What did Frank like to do excessively?
5. Who argues with John's mother in the kitchen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
2. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
3. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
4. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
5. What does Gabriel use to whip Roy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gabriel and Florence's mother react when she left for New York?
2. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for Richard's death?
3. What convinced Florence to move north?
4. Why did Elizabeth not tell Richard she was pregnant?
5. Describe the John's upbringing.
6. What did Gabriel spend most of his time doing as a young man?
7. Why is John denied such pleasures as dancing?
8. Why does Florence visit the church?
9. What does Florence regret about her relationship with Frank?
10. How did Gabriel try to get Esther out of his life when she fell pregnant?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)