|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence say Frank was extravagant with?
2. Who raped Deborah?
(a) A preacher
(c) A group of black men
(d) A group of white men
3. What has Florence used the letter for?
(a) To get welfare checks
(b) To help the child
(c) A weapon against her brother
(d) As identification
4. What park does John go to in this section?
(a) Regent's Park
(b) South Park
(c) Hyde Park
(d) Central Park
5. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
(a) The bigger picture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John's father call white people?
2. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
3. What does John excel at?
4. Who does Florence kneel with at the altar?
5. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Florence keep Deborah's letter in her purse?
2. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for Richard's death?
3. How did Gabriel and Florence's mother react when she left for New York?
4. Why did Elizabeth initially like Gabriel?
5. Describe the John's upbringing.
6. What vision does John have about Gabriel?
7. How did Gabriel try to get Esther out of his life when she fell pregnant?
8. Summarize the final chapter.
9. What did Florence not like about Frank?
10. What happened to Elizabeth when she was eight years old?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)