|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Deborah suspect Gabriel had?
(a) A mistress
(b) A brothel
(c) A boyfriend
(d) A bastard child
2. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
3. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
4. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
(b) New York
(c) New Orleans
5. What has lead Florence to church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabriel use to whip Roy?
2. Where does Florence keep the letter from Deborah?
3. What does Florence's mother say is the way to pray?
4. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
5. Whose presence at church surprises John?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Richard arrested?
2. Why does Florence keep Deborah's letter in her purse?
3. How did Gabriel become the star of a religious conference in Chicago?
4. How does John fall into a fit?
5. How does John's mother react to John being saved?
6. How did Elizabeth meet Gabriel?
7. How did Gabriel and Florence's mother react when she left for New York?
8. What vision does John have about Gabriel?
9. What bible passages did Florence's mother like to repeat?
10. How did Gabriel try to get Esther out of his life when she fell pregnant?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)