|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of New york does John live in?
(d) The Bronx
2. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
(a) A new dawning
(b) A warning from the lord
(c) Hell is only around the corner
(d) There is only God's love
3. What does John excel at?
4. What instrument does Elisha play?
5. What member of John's family does not enter the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence say Frank was extravagant with?
2. Who does Florence say she has seen waiting for her?
3. What did Frank like to do excessively?
4. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
5. Who argues with John's mother in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the John's upbringing.
2. How did Gabriel become the star of a religious conference in Chicago?
3. What sound does John say he hears?
4. Why does Florence visit the church?
5. What was Elizabeth's upbringing like with her aunt?
6. Why is John denied such pleasures as dancing?
7. How did Elizabeth meet Gabriel?
8. Why did Elizabeth not tell Richard she was pregnant?
9. In what way are John and Roy completely different characters?
10. What did Gabriel use to say in his sermons?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)