|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Frank die in?
2. What is the name of the church the Grimes family are involved in?
(a) The Temple of the Spirit
(b) The Temple of Doom
(c) The Temple of the Hope and Glory
(d) The Temple of the Fire Baptized
3. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
(a) A letter from Deborah
(b) Gabriel's hatred for life
(c) Gabriel's sermons
(d) Florence mother's illness
4. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
(c) The bigger picture
5. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
(a) Pray at her mother's grave
(b) Ask for God's forgiveness
(c) Present Gabriel with the letter
(d) Ask for Gabriel's forgiveness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John's father call white people?
2. Who does Florence kneel with at the altar?
3. Who argues with John's mother in the kitchen?
4. What do John's family forget to acknowledge at breakfast?
5. Who raped Deborah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about John and Gabriel's relationship in this chapter?
2. Why did Florence grow to resent her mother and hate her brother?
3. What bible passages did Florence's mother like to repeat?
4. Describe the John's upbringing.
5. What does John think about his mother and father's relationship?
6. What happened to Esther in when she moved away?
7. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for Richard's death?
8. How did Gabriel try to get Esther out of his life when she fell pregnant?
9. What was Elizabeth's upbringing like with her aunt?
10. Why is John denied such pleasures as dancing?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)