|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
(a) New Orleans
(c) New York
2. Where do the family keep the photographs in the front room?
(a) On the book shelf
(b) On the side tables
(c) On the mantelpiece
(d) In the desk drawer
3. What has Florence used the letter for?
(a) To get welfare checks
(b) A weapon against her brother
(c) To help the child
(d) As identification
4. What was John the first member of his family to do?
(a) Be born in the north
(c) Marry a white woman
(d) Go to college
5. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence's mother say is the way to pray?
2. What does Gabriel do when Elizabeth tells him no one is to blame for Roy's behavior?
3. What does Roy's mother say her husband is trying to keep Roy away from?
4. What did Deborah suspect Gabriel had?
5. Where does Florence keep the letter from Deborah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about John and Gabriel's relationship in this chapter?
2. Describe the John's upbringing.
3. What happened to Elizabeth when she was eight years old?
4. Summarize part 1.
5. What did Gabriel use to say in his sermons?
6. What is John's attitude towards religion?
7. In what way are John and Roy completely different characters?
8. How does John's family separate as they walk with the family back home?
9. What does John see as he walks to church?
10. What does John sense about his father's feelings in this section?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)