|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of boy did Gabriel become?
2. What person in her life does Florence hate?
3. What has Florence used the letter for?
(a) To get welfare checks
(b) As identification
(c) A weapon against her brother
(d) To help the child
4. What instrument does Elisha play?
5. What does Florence claim she uses for her husband's sake?
(b) Skin whitener
(c) Eye shadow
Short Answer Questions
1. What has lead Florence to church?
2. Where did Florence move to in 1900?
3. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
4. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
5. What does Gabriel do when Elizabeth tells him no one is to blame for Roy's behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize part 1.
2. Why was Richard arrested?
3. In what way are John and Roy completely different characters?
4. Why does Gabriel like Deborah?
5. Describe the John's upbringing.
6. How did Gabriel and Florence's mother react when she left for New York?
7. Why is Gabriel's past important to John?
8. How did Gabriel treat Deborah?
9. How did Gabriel become the star of a religious conference in Chicago?
10. How does John fall into a fit?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)