|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John excel at?
2. Who argues with John's mother in the kitchen?
3. What has Roy been injured by?
(a) A dog
(b) A gun
(c) A whip
(d) A knife
4. What was the name of Florence's husband?
5. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
2. What is John worried about as he enters the movie theater?
3. Whose birthday is it at the beginning of the book?
4. What park does John go to in this section?
5. What does Roy's mother say her husband is trying to keep Roy away from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gabriel try to get Esther out of his life when she fell pregnant?
2. What did Gabriel spend most of his time doing as a young man?
3. In what way do Florence and Gabriel's ideas differ about God?
4. Why does Florence keep Deborah's letter in her purse?
5. Why was Richard arrested?
6. What reason does Florence give for her mother being religious?
7. How did Gabriel treat Deborah?
8. Why does Gabriel marry Deborah?
9. How did Gabriel react when he heard one of the preachers joke about Deborah's rape?
10. How does John react to Gabriel's severe remarks?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)