|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
2. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
(b) Common niggers
(c) Uncle Toms
(d) Uppity niggers
3. What does Gabriel use to whip Roy?
(a) A switch
(b) A rope
(c) A towel
(d) A belt
4. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
(a) To wash the front fence
(b) To dust the furniture
(c) To cut the grass
(d) To wash the dishes
5. What do John's family forget to acknowledge at breakfast?
(a) John's birthday
(b) John's new clothes
(c) John's name day
(d) John's new haircut
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Deborah suspect Gabriel had?
2. What does Florence's mother say is the way to pray?
3. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
4. What part of New york does John live in?
5. What has Florence used the letter for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Go Tell It to The Mountain.
2. Why does John think God will punish him for his sins?
3. What does John see as he walks to church?
4. What does the reader learn about John and Gabriel's relationship in this chapter?
5. How does Gabriel react to John being saved?
6. Why was Florence and her family so frightened by Deborah's father's attack on the white men?
7. What happened to Esther in when she moved away?
8. What does John sense about his father's feelings in this section?
9. Why was Richard arrested?
10. What reason does Baldwin suggest Gabriel believes in God?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)