|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan
(b) White boys
(c) Religious leaders
(d) A rival black gang
2. What was Florence denied by her mother?
3. What does John's mother give him for his birthday?
(b) A card
(c) A special breakfast
4. What has lead Florence to church?
5. Who does Florence kneel with at the altar?
(a) The saints
(b) The choir boys
(d) The preachers
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
2. What country did Frank die in?
3. What war did Frank die in?
4. What was John the first member of his family to do?
5. What park does John go to in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings Elizabeth out of her thoughts?
2. What vision does John have about Gabriel?
3. Why did Florence grow to resent her mother and hate her brother?
4. Summarize part 1.
5. How does Gabriel react to John being saved?
6. What does John see as he walks to church?
7. What bible passages did Florence's mother like to repeat?
8. How did Gabriel try to get Esther out of his life when she fell pregnant?
9. What does Florence regret about her relationship with Frank?
10. What happened to Esther in when she moved away?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)