|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Florence's father leave for after Gabriel's birth?
(a) The north
2. Who freed Florence's mother from slavery?
(a) Southern troops
(b) Nothern troops
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) A governor
3. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan
(b) A rival black gang
(c) White boys
(d) Religious leaders
4. Where did Florence move to in 1900?
(b) South America
(c) The north
5. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
(a) Killed her
(c) Left home
(d) Cared for her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John excel at?
2. What does John think the people on fifth avenue don't read every night?
3. What character does John admire?
4. Who used to try and persuade Florence to go to church?
5. What was the name of Florence's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John react to Gabriel's severe remarks?
2. Why is John denied such pleasures as dancing?
3. Why did Elizabeth initially like Gabriel?
4. What happens to Esther and Gabriel's son Royal?
5. What does the reader learn about John and Gabriel's relationship in this chapter?
6. How does John's family separate as they walk with the family back home?
7. How does Gabriel think God can help Elizabeth?
8. Why does Florence visit the church?
9. Why does John think God will punish him for his sins?
10. Summarize Go Tell It to The Mountain.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)