|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
(b) Uncle Toms
(c) Uppity niggers
(d) Common niggers
2. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
(a) Gabriel's hatred for life
(b) A letter from Deborah
(c) Florence mother's illness
(d) Gabriel's sermons
3. What was the name of Florence's husband?
4. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
(a) It means some hardships have come to her
(b) It means she can still go to heaven
(c) It means he has a won a bet with her
(d) It means he can make her feel bad
5. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Florence move to in 1900?
2. What has lead Florence to church?
3. What does Gabriel do when Elizabeth tells him no one is to blame for Roy's behavior?
4. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
5. What character does John admire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize part 1.
2. What happened to Esther in when she moved away?
3. Summarize the final chapter.
4. What vision does John have about Gabriel?
5. How did Gabriel treat Deborah?
6. What bible passages did Florence's mother like to repeat?
7. Why did Florence grow to resent her mother and hate her brother?
8. What is John's attitude towards religion?
9. What was Gabriel's life like in the south?
10. How does Gabriel react if one of his children goes against the church's moral code?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)