|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
2. What does John's father call white people?
(b) Wicked and deceitful
(d) Loving and kind
3. What do John's family forget to acknowledge at breakfast?
(a) John's birthday
(b) John's new clothes
(c) John's name day
(d) John's new haircut
4. What person in her life does Florence hate?
5. What is the name of Gabriel's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriel blame for Roy's wild ways?
2. What has lead Florence to church?
3. What character does John admire?
4. What instrument does Elisha play?
5. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hoe does Florence stun Gabriel?
2. What happens to Esther and Gabriel's son Royal?
3. Why is John denied such pleasures as dancing?
4. What reason does Florence give for her mother being religious?
5. What is John's attitude towards religion?
6. What does John see as he walks to church?
7. What happened when Deborah's father threatened a white man?
8. How did Elizabeth meet Gabriel?
9. How does John's family separate as they walk with the family back home?
10. What did Gabriel use to say in his sermons?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)