|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
2. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
(a) Move in with another woman
(c) Go on a binge
(d) Start attending church
3. What kind of boy did Gabriel become?
4. What does John think the people on fifth avenue don't read every night?
(a) The bible
(b) Lord Byron
(c) The constitution
(d) Huckleberry Fin
5. What does Florence say her mother used to tell stories about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aunt Florence say the young woman that stands by Gabriel's side now is?
2. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
3. What was John the first member of his family to do?
4. What member of John's family does not enter the church?
5. Who does Florence say she has seen waiting for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gabriel think God can help Elizabeth?
2. What reason does Baldwin suggest Gabriel believes in God?
3. How did Gabriel become the star of a religious conference in Chicago?
4. What is John's attitude towards religion?
5. What brings Elizabeth out of her thoughts?
6. How did Elizabeth meet Gabriel?
7. How does John's mother react to John being saved?
8. How does Gabriel react to John being saved?
9. What happens to Esther and Gabriel's son Royal?
10. How does John fall into a fit?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)