|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Elisha play?
2. What do Roy and his mother argue about?
3. How does Gabriel try to control Roy?
(a) By forcing him to church
(b) By whipping him
(c) By sending him to work in poor areas
(d) By locking him in his room
4. What has lead Florence to church?
5. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
2. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
3. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
4. What was John the first member of his family to do?
5. What does John's father call white people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Go Tell It to The Mountain.
2. Why does Florence visit the church?
3. What vision does John have about Gabriel?
4. What reason does Florence give for her mother being religious?
5. Why does Gabriel marry Deborah?
6. How does John's family separate as they walk with the family back home?
7. Why is Gabriel's past important to John?
8. How does John's mother react to John being saved?
9. How does John fall into a fit?
10. What brings Elizabeth out of her thoughts?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)