|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
(c) The bigger picture
2. What is the name of the church the Grimes family are involved in?
(a) The Temple of Doom
(b) The Temple of the Hope and Glory
(c) The Temple of the Fire Baptized
(d) The Temple of the Spirit
3. What character does John admire?
4. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
5. Where do the family keep the photographs in the front room?
(a) On the mantelpiece
(b) On the side tables
(c) In the desk drawer
(d) On the book shelf
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence at church surprises John?
2. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
3. What has lead Florence to church?
4. What kind of boy did Gabriel become?
5. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does Gabriel have on John's life?
2. How does Gabriel react if one of his children goes against the church's moral code?
3. Summarize Go Tell It to The Mountain.
4. Why is John denied such pleasures as dancing?
5. What brings Elizabeth out of her thoughts?
6. Why does John think God will punish him for his sins?
7. How did Gabriel become the star of a religious conference in Chicago?
8. What happened to Elizabeth when she was eight years old?
9. Why did Elizabeth initially like Gabriel?
10. What did Gabriel use to say in his sermons?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)