|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence's mother say is the way to pray?
(a) To pray in front of a saint
(b) To pour out your sins
(c) To forget everything but Jesus
(d) To never think about yourself
2. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
(a) A warning from the lord
(b) Hell is only around the corner
(c) There is only God's love
(d) A new dawning
3. Where do the family keep the photographs in the front room?
(a) On the book shelf
(b) In the desk drawer
(c) On the mantelpiece
(d) On the side tables
4. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
(a) Pray at her mother's grave
(b) Ask for God's forgiveness
(c) Present Gabriel with the letter
(d) Ask for Gabriel's forgiveness
5. What was the name of Florence's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
2. Who does Florence say she has seen waiting for her?
3. What character does John admire?
4. What does Elizabeth say to defend her husband to Roy?
5. What happened when Deborah's father threatened one of the white men that raped his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John's attitude towards religion?
2. How does John's family separate as they walk with the family back home?
3. How did Gabriel become the star of a religious conference in Chicago?
4. Why does Florence visit the church?
5. What does John sense about his father's feelings in this section?
6. What happened to Esther in when she moved away?
7. What bible passages did Florence's mother like to repeat?
8. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for Richard's death?
9. What vision does John have about Gabriel?
10. What does Florence regret about her relationship with Frank?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)