Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
2. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
(a) It means she can still go to heaven
(b) It means he has a won a bet with her
(c) It means some hardships have come to her
(d) It means he can make her feel bad
3. What has lead Florence to church?
4. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
(a) She forced him to go to church
(b) She sent him to boarding school
(c) She sent him to New York
(d) She beat him
5. Who used to try and persuade Florence to go to church?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her father
(d) Her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence claim she uses for her husband's sake?
2. What country did Frank die in?
3. What chore does John have to do at the church?
4. What does Gabriel do when Elizabeth tells him no one is to blame for Roy's behavior?
5. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Florence and her family so frightened by Deborah's father's attack on the white men?
2. Summarize Go Tell It to The Mountain.
3. What kind of life did Elizabeth initially have in New York?
4. In what way do Florence and Gabriel's ideas differ about God?
5. What brings Elizabeth out of her thoughts?
6. How does Gabriel think God can help Elizabeth?
7. What was Elizabeth's upbringing like with her aunt?
8. In what way are John and Roy completely different characters?
9. What was Richard like when Elizabeth first met him?
10. What does John think about his mother and father's relationship?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)