|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John's family forget to acknowledge at breakfast?
(a) John's name day
(b) John's birthday
(c) John's new haircut
(d) John's new clothes
2. What park does John go to in this section?
(a) Regent's Park
(b) South Park
(c) Hyde Park
(d) Central Park
3. What does the narrow path promise?
(a) An unhappy life
(b) A narrow mind
(c) The glory of an afterlife
(d) The love of God
4. What does Florence claim she uses for her husband's sake?
(a) Eye shadow
(c) Skin whitener
5. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
(a) Uncle Toms
(b) Uppity niggers
(d) Common niggers
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Florence used the letter for?
2. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
3. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
4. What chore does John have to do at the church?
5. What character does John admire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth love about Richard?
2. Why did Elizabeth not tell Richard she was pregnant?
3. Why does Florence visit the church?
4. Why does Florence keep Deborah's letter in her purse?
5. What reason does Florence give for her mother being religious?
6. How does John's family separate as they walk with the family back home?
7. Why was Richard arrested?
8. What does the reader learn about John and Gabriel's relationship in this chapter?
9. What influence does Gabriel have on John's life?
10. What was Elizabeth's upbringing like with her aunt?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)