|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war did Frank die in?
(a) Second World War
(b) The Boer War
(c) Vietnam War
(d) First World War
2. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
3. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
(a) To wash the dishes
(b) To cut the grass
(c) To wash the front fence
(d) To dust the furniture
4. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
(a) Uppity niggers
(c) Common niggers
(d) Uncle Toms
5. What is the name of the church the Grimes family are involved in?
(a) The Temple of the Hope and Glory
(b) The Temple of the Spirit
(c) The Temple of the Fire Baptized
(d) The Temple of Doom
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
2. What do Roy and his mother argue about?
3. Who does Florence kneel with at the altar?
4. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
5. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Esther and Gabriel's son Royal?
2. What does John think about his mother and father's relationship?
3. How did Gabriel react when he heard one of the preachers joke about Deborah's rape?
4. Why does Florence keep Deborah's letter in her purse?
5. How does John's family separate as they walk with the family back home?
6. Why was Florence and her family so frightened by Deborah's father's attack on the white men?
7. What influence does Gabriel have on John's life?
8. How did Gabriel and Florence's mother react when she left for New York?
9. What happened to Elizabeth when she was eight years old?
10. What was Richard like when Elizabeth first met him?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)