|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday is it at the beginning of the book?
(a) John Grimes
(b) Elizabeth Grimes
(c) Roy Grimes
(d) Gabriel Grimes
2. What country did Frank die in?
3. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
(a) A warning from the lord
(b) A new dawning
(c) There is only God's love
(d) Hell is only around the corner
4. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
(a) To cut the grass
(b) To wash the dishes
(c) To dust the furniture
(d) To wash the front fence
5. Whose presence at church surprises John?
Short Answer Questions
1. What chore does John have to do at the church?
2. Where do the family keep the photographs in the front room?
3. What was the name of Florence's husband?
4. What does Florence's mother say is the way to pray?
5. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Richard like when Elizabeth first met him?
2. Why did Elizabeth not tell Richard she was pregnant?
3. How does John fall into a fit?
4. How did Gabriel become the star of a religious conference in Chicago?
5. How does John's mother react to John being saved?
6. How does John react to Gabriel's severe remarks?
7. What did Gabriel spend most of his time doing as a young man?
8. What influence does Gabriel have on John's life?
9. What happened to Esther in when she moved away?
10. How does Gabriel react if one of his children goes against the church's moral code?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)