|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gabriel blame for Roy's wild ways?
(c) The devil
2. What does Roy's mother say her husband is trying to keep Roy away from?
3. What park does John go to in this section?
(a) Central Park
(b) Regent's Park
(c) Hyde Park
(d) South Park
4. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
(a) Move in with another woman
(b) Start attending church
(d) Go on a binge
5. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Frank die in?
2. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
3. Who freed Florence's mother from slavery?
4. What person in her life does Florence hate?
5. What does John excel at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinced Florence to move north?
2. What brings Elizabeth out of her thoughts?
3. How does John react to Gabriel's severe remarks?
4. Why did Florence grow to resent her mother and hate her brother?
5. Why did Florence's mother religious zealotry wear her down?
6. What happens to Esther and Gabriel's son Royal?
7. What does the reader learn about John and Gabriel's relationship in this chapter?
8. What is John's attitude towards religion?
9. What happened to Esther in when she moved away?
10. How did Elizabeth meet Gabriel?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)