|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Frank die in?
2. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
(a) Florence mother's illness
(b) Gabriel's hatred for life
(c) A letter from Deborah
(d) Gabriel's sermons
3. What chore does John have to do at the church?
(a) Polish the ornaments
(b) Wash the windows
(c) Sweep the floor
(d) Tidy the tea room
4. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
(a) She forced him to go to church
(b) She sent him to New York
(c) She beat him
(d) She sent him to boarding school
5. Whose presence at church surprises John?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence's mother say is the way to pray?
2. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
3. What has Florence used the letter for?
4. What does Florence say her mother used to tell stories about?
5. What member of John's family does not enter the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Florence not like about Frank?
2. Why does Gabriel like Deborah?
3. How did Gabriel become the star of a religious conference in Chicago?
4. What does John see as he walks to church?
5. How does John react to Gabriel's severe remarks?
6. What kind of life did Elizabeth initially have in New York?
7. Why does Florence visit the church?
8. What happened to Esther in when she moved away?
9. What does Florence regret about her relationship with Frank?
10. How did Elizabeth meet Gabriel?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)