|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person in her life does Florence hate?
2. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
3. What is the name of the church the Grimes family are involved in?
(a) The Temple of the Spirit
(b) The Temple of the Fire Baptized
(c) The Temple of the Hope and Glory
(d) The Temple of Doom
4. What does Florence say her mother used to tell stories about?
5. What has Roy been injured by?
(a) A gun
(b) A whip
(c) A dog
(d) A knife
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
2. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
3. What part of New york does John live in?
4. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
5. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings Elizabeth out of her thoughts?
2. How does Gabriel react if one of his children goes against the church's moral code?
3. What reason does Florence give for her mother being religious?
4. How did Gabriel react when he heard one of the preachers joke about Deborah's rape?
5. What happens to Esther and Gabriel's son Royal?
6. Why did Florence's mother religious zealotry wear her down?
7. How does John's mother react to John being saved?
8. How did Gabriel try to get Esther out of his life when she fell pregnant?
9. What influence does Gabriel have on John's life?
10. What reason does Baldwin suggest Gabriel believes in God?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)