|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
(a) It means he has a won a bet with her
(b) It means she can still go to heaven
(c) It means some hardships have come to her
(d) It means he can make her feel bad
2. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
3. What is John worried about as he enters the movie theater?
(a) If it is a white person's theater
(b) If a member of the church may see him
(c) If he has enough money
(d) If he is too young
4. What part of New york does John live in?
(d) The Bronx
5. What does Roy's mother say her husband is trying to keep Roy away from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
2. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
3. What does Florence say Frank was extravagant with?
4. Who does Florence kneel with at the altar?
5. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of life did Elizabeth initially have in New York?
2. Summarize Go Tell It to The Mountain.
3. What is John's attitude towards religion?
4. What happened to Elizabeth when she was eight years old?
5. Summarize part 1.
6. What reason does Baldwin suggest Gabriel believes in God?
7. Why was Richard arrested?
8. Hoe does Florence stun Gabriel?
9. What happened when Deborah's father threatened a white man?
10. Why does Florence keep Deborah's letter in her purse?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)