|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabriel command John to do?
(b) Go to the shop
2. What had the black youth just robbed?
(a) A house
(b) A bank
(c) A store
(d) An old lady
3. Which of the following words can be used to describe Esther?
4. Who brings Gabriel back to the present?
5. What does Deborah say Gabriel has to do to find forgiveness?
(a) Bury Royal
(b) Admit that Royal was his son
(c) Pray to the lord
(d) Devote his life to the lord
6. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
(a) Her anger
(b) Her humor
(c) Her pride
(d) Her arrogance
7. What did Elizabeth like about Florence?
(a) Her sense of fun
(b) Her honesty
(c) Her sense of humor
(d) Her no nonsense personality
8. Who does Elizabeth say she hated as a child?
(a) Her aunt
(b) Her father
(d) Her mother
9. Why does Elizabeth think she should have told Richard about her pregnancy?
(a) He would not have killed himself
(b) He would have died happy
(c) He would have given her money
(d) He could have asked for forgiveness
10. Who does Gabriel remember watching him through dying eyes?
(b) His father
(c) His mother
11. Why would no one else marry Deborah?
(a) She was ugly
(b) She could not bear children
(c) She had been raped
(d) She was crazy
12. Who in his life does John say he hates?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
13. Who is Gabriel worried is under the power of the lord?
14. Who is the son that God promised Gabriel in a dream?
15. How does Elizabeth describe Richard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gabriel not want John to come under the power of the lord?
2. What does Elizabeth recall as a frightening experience?
3. Who hopes that one day God will grind white people into humility?
4. What did Elizabeth work as on Wall Street?
5. Why could Elizabeth not leave Richard?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)