|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
(a) Her arrogance
(b) Her humor
(c) Her pride
(d) Her anger
2. Why would no one else marry Deborah?
(a) She had been raped
(b) She could not bear children
(c) She was ugly
(d) She was crazy
3. What did Richard work as?
(a) Butcher boy
(c) Grocery clerk
4. Who in his life does John say he hates?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
5. What did Elizabeth like about Florence?
(a) Her sense of humor
(b) Her sense of fun
(c) Her no nonsense personality
(d) Her honesty
6. Which of the following events happened when Elizabeth was 8?
(a) Her father died
(b) She was raped
(c) Her father was lynched
(d) Her mother died
7. What city did Royal die in?
(b) New York
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Francisco
8. Whose forehead does Gabriel want to crush?
(b) A whiteman's
9. How does Elizabeth describe Richard?
10. What does Elizabeth call her innocence?
(a) Her pearl
(b) Her satin silk
(c) Her diamond
(d) Her petal
11. What does Elizabeth say she wants to take advantage of by moving north?
(a) Opportunities for black people
(b) The higher currency rate
(c) The relaxed atmosphere
(d) The music culture
12. What does Gabriel say he gained recognition for after he found God?
(a) His kindness
(b) His radical beliefs
(c) His sermons
(d) His sense of humor
13. Who told Gabriel that Royal had died?
14. Who brings Gabriel back to the present?
15. What part of New York does Elizabeth stay in?
(c) The Bronx
Short Answer Questions
1. What shift did Elizabeth work at the Wall Street offices?
2. Where does Elizabeth find a job?
3. Why does Gabriel look down on Elizabeth?
4. What does Elizabeth recall as a frightening experience?
5. Who does Gabriel promise Elizabeth he will love as his own?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)