Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gabriel steal money?
(a) To pay for an abortion
(b) So Esther could move away
(c) To runaway with Esther
(d) To fix the church roof
2. Which of the following events happened when Elizabeth was 8?
(a) She was raped
(b) Her father died
(c) Her mother died
(d) Her father was lynched
3. Who was Elizabeth upset about having to leave behind?
(a) Her father
(b) Her brother
(c) Her dog
(d) Her sister
4. What does Elizabeth call her innocence?
(a) Her petal
(b) Her pearl
(c) Her satin silk
(d) Her diamond
5. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
(a) Her humor
(b) Her anger
(c) Her arrogance
(d) Her pride
6. What shift did Elizabeth work at the Wall Street offices?
(a) Split shift
7. What does Richard do after his trial?
(a) Move away
(b) Starts taking drugs
(c) Starts college
(d) Kill himself
8. What does Gabriel say God has promised him?
(a) A royal line
(b) Eternal life
(c) A place in heaven
(d) Financial riches
9. Who in his life does John say he hates?
(b) His father
(c) His mother
10. Why does Elizabeth say she started sleeping with Richard in New York?
(a) No one cared how she acted
(b) She found him irresistible
(c) She wanted to show him she would make a good wife
(d) She wanted a child
11. What does Gabriel see John as the product of?
(a) The devil
(b) A woman's sins
(c) A failing society
(d) A man's sins
12. Who did Elizabeth meet in 1919?
13. Why could Deborah not bear Gabriel children?
(a) She did not want to have his children
(b) She was brutally raped
(c) She wanted to stay pure for God
(d) She had a fear of sex
14. Why did Elizabeth think that Gabriel would make a strong father?
(a) He had strong convictions
(b) He was a hardworker
(c) He was rich
(d) He was a loving man
15. Why does Gabriel look down on Elizabeth?
(a) She has not repented for giving birth to John
(b) She once slept with a white man
(c) She does always go to church
(d) She is from common stock
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of New York does Elizabeth stay in?
2. What does Deborah say Gabriel has to do to find forgiveness?
3. What does Elizabeth recall as a frightening experience?
4. Whose forehead does Gabriel want to crush?
5. Why did Elizabeth decide not to tell Richard she was pregnant?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)