|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Richard ask Elizabeth to move with him to?
(c) New York
2. What does Gabriel command John to do?
(a) Go to the shop
3. Why does Gabriel not want John to come under the power of the lord?
(a) He has a better life ahead of him
(b) He is not his real son
(c) He is evil
(d) He will make a better preacher than himself
4. Why could Elizabeth not leave Richard?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) He knew too much about her
(c) She was his strength
(d) She was too in love with him
5. Who does Gabriel remember watching him through dying eyes?
(a) His mother
(c) His father
6. Whose point of view is this chapter mostly told from?
7. What does Elizabeth recall as a frightening experience?
(a) Giving birth to John
(b) Moving to New York
(c) Her honeymoon
(d) Finding Richard dead
8. What does Gabriel say God has promised him?
(a) A royal line
(b) Eternal life
(c) Financial riches
(d) A place in heaven
9. What does Elizabeth insist Gabriel does not do?
(a) Drink and womanize
(b) Make a distinction between the children
(c) Go out at night
(d) Beat the children that are not his
10. What did Elizabeth's aunt say God would do to her soon enough?
(a) Shoot her down
(b) Lay her low
(c) Forgive her
(d) Embrace her
11. Who brings Gabriel back to the present?
12. What does Richard do after his trial?
(a) Starts taking drugs
(b) Move away
(c) Kill himself
(d) Starts college
13. Which of the following events happened when Elizabeth was 8?
(a) Her father was lynched
(b) She was raped
(c) Her mother died
(d) Her father died
14. What does Gabriel see John as the product of?
(a) A man's sins
(b) A woman's sins
(c) The devil
(d) A failing society
15. What had the black youth just robbed?
(a) A store
(b) A bank
(c) A house
(d) An old lady
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth decide not to tell Richard?
2. What did Elizabeth work as on Wall Street?
3. Whose point of view is this chapter mostly told from?
4. Who did Gabriel steal money from?
5. Who in his life does John say he hates?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)