|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth say she hated as a child?
(b) Her father
(c) Her aunt
(d) Her mother
2. Why would no one else marry Deborah?
(a) She had been raped
(b) She was ugly
(c) She was crazy
(d) She could not bear children
3. How does Elizabeth describe Richard?
4. What does Deborah say Gabriel has to do to find forgiveness?
(a) Devote his life to the lord
(b) Pray to the lord
(c) Admit that Royal was his son
(d) Bury Royal
5. What does Gabriel see in John's eyes?
(d) An accusation
6. Which of the following words can be used to describe Esther?
7. Where does Elizabeth find a job?
(a) A hotel
(b) A hostel
(c) A hospital
(d) A bar
8. Who told Gabriel that Royal had died?
9. What part of New York did Elizabeth meet Florence?
(b) Flushing Meadows
(c) 42nd Street
(d) Wall Street
10. What is Roy's first name in full?
11. Who brings Gabriel back to the present?
12. What does Richard do after his trial?
(a) Kill himself
(b) Starts taking drugs
(c) Starts college
(d) Move away
13. Who did Elizabeth meet in 1919?
14. What did Gabriel do when he heard the news Royal had died?
(a) Picked an argument with a white man
(b) Hit Deborah
(c) Went out drinking
15. Why did Elizabeth think that Gabriel would make a strong father?
(a) He was a loving man
(b) He had strong convictions
(c) He was rich
(d) He was a hardworker
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Richard ask Elizabeth to move with him to?
2. Why did Elizabeth decide not to tell Richard she was pregnant?
3. Whose point of view is this chapter mostly told from?
4. How does Gabriel think he has made amends for his sin?
5. What does Gabriel say he gained recognition for after he found God?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)