|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose forehead does Gabriel want to crush?
(d) A whiteman's
2. Why could Elizabeth not leave Richard?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) She was his strength
(c) She was too in love with him
(d) He knew too much about her
3. What important event happened in Gabriel life at the age of 22?
(a) He overdosed
(b) He moved north
(c) He found God
(d) He married
4. Where does Elizabeth find a job?
(a) A hospital
(b) A hostel
(c) A hotel
(d) A bar
5. Who hopes that one day God will grind white people into humility?
6. Where did Richard ask Elizabeth to move with him to?
(c) New York
7. How does Elizabeth describe Richard?
8. What city did Esther send Gabriel a letter from?
(a) New York
9. What did Elizabeth decide not to tell Richard?
(a) His brother had died
(b) She was sacked from her job
(c) She had to go back home
(d) She was pregnant
10. What shift did Elizabeth work at the Wall Street offices?
(b) Split shift
11. How does Gabriel think he has made amends for his sin?
(a) By working hard
(b) By praying everyday
(c) By caring for Elizabeth and John
(d) By admitting his mistakes
12. What was John when Gabriel married Elizabeth?
(a) An unnamed child
(b) A dying child
(c) A devil child
(d) A miserable child
13. Who does Elizabeth say she hated as a child?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
(c) Her aunt
14. What does Gabriel promise Elizabeth he will bring her back to?
(b) Her innocence
(c) Her family
(d) Her faith
15. Where did Gabriel first become a well known preacher?
(a) New York
(d) North Carolina
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Deborah have taken in Royal?
2. What does Gabriel see John as the product of?
3. Which of the following does Elizabeth use to describe her relationship with Gabriel?
4. What does Elizabeth insist Gabriel does not do?
5. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)