|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the mother of Gabriel's first child?
2. Who is the only man Elizabeth has truly loved?
3. What does Richard do after his trial?
(a) Starts taking drugs
(b) Starts college
(c) Move away
(d) Kill himself
4. Who is the son that God promised Gabriel in a dream?
5. Who did Elizabeth meet in 1919?
6. What does Gabriel command John to do?
(c) Go to the shop
7. What does Gabriel say he gained recognition for after he found God?
(a) His sermons
(b) His sense of humor
(c) His radical beliefs
(d) His kindness
8. What does Deborah say Gabriel has to do to find forgiveness?
(a) Pray to the lord
(b) Devote his life to the lord
(c) Bury Royal
(d) Admit that Royal was his son
9. What room in the white people's house did Gabriel first make love to Esther?
(a) The lounge
(b) The bedroom
(c) The games room
(d) The kitchen
10. How does Elizabeth describe Richard?
11. Whose point of view is this chapter mostly told from?
12. What did Richard work as?
(a) Grocery clerk
(b) Butcher boy
13. Who in his life does John say he hates?
(a) His mother
(c) His father
14. What does Elizabeth recall as a frightening experience?
(a) Moving to New York
(b) Giving birth to John
(c) Finding Richard dead
(d) Her honeymoon
15. What did Gabriel consider Esther to be?
(a) Damaged goods
(b) An angel
(c) A harlot
(d) A real woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Esther send Gabriel a letter from?
2. Who does Gabriel promise Elizabeth he will love as his own?
3. How does Gabriel think he has made amends for his sin?
4. What was the name of Gabriel's first son?
5. Why did Elizabeth decide not to tell Richard she was pregnant?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)