|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Richard ask Elizabeth to move with him to?
(d) New York
2. Which of the following events happened when Elizabeth was 8?
(a) Her mother died
(b) Her father died
(c) She was raped
(d) Her father was lynched
3. What does Gabriel promise Elizabeth he will bring her back to?
(a) Her faith
(c) Her innocence
(d) Her family
4. What did Elizabeth's aunt say God would do to her soon enough?
(a) Embrace her
(b) Shoot her down
(c) Forgive her
(d) Lay her low
5. What important event happened in Gabriel life at the age of 22?
(a) He overdosed
(b) He found God
(c) He moved north
(d) He married
6. What does Gabriel say he gained recognition for after he found God?
(a) His sermons
(b) His sense of humor
(c) His radical beliefs
(d) His kindness
7. What did Elizabeth like about Florence?
(a) Her no nonsense personality
(b) Her sense of humor
(c) Her honesty
(d) Her sense of fun
8. What had the black youth just robbed?
(a) A bank
(b) A house
(c) An old lady
(d) A store
9. What did Elizabeth decide not to tell Richard?
(a) His brother had died
(b) She had to go back home
(c) She was sacked from her job
(d) She was pregnant
10. Which of the following does Elizabeth use to describe her relationship with Gabriel?
(a) Her savior
(b) Her funhouse
(c) Her redemption
(d) Her hiding place
11. Whose forehead does Gabriel want to crush?
(d) A whiteman's
12. What does Gabriel see in John's eyes?
(c) An accusation
13. Who does Elizabeth say she hated as a child?
(b) Her father
(c) Her mother
(d) Her aunt
14. What did Gabriel do when he heard the news Royal had died?
(b) Picked an argument with a white man
(c) Hit Deborah
(d) Went out drinking
15. What does Deborah say Gabriel has to do to find forgiveness?
(a) Pray to the lord
(b) Admit that Royal was his son
(c) Devote his life to the lord
(d) Bury Royal
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Esther send Gabriel a letter from?
2. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
3. What was the name of Gabriel's first son?
4. Why would Deborah have taken in Royal?
5. Why does Elizabeth think she should have told Richard about her pregnancy?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)