|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth recall as a frightening experience?
(a) Her honeymoon
(b) Finding Richard dead
(c) Giving birth to John
(d) Moving to New York
2. Why could Elizabeth not leave Richard?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) He knew too much about her
(c) She was too in love with him
(d) She was his strength
3. What had the black youth just robbed?
(a) A house
(b) A bank
(c) A store
(d) An old lady
4. Who does Elizabeth say she hated as a child?
(b) Her aunt
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
5. Who was Elizabeth upset about having to leave behind?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her father
(c) Her dog
(d) Her sister
6. Why did Elizabeth think that Gabriel would make a strong father?
(a) He was a hardworker
(b) He was rich
(c) He was a loving man
(d) He had strong convictions
7. Who is Gabriel worried is under the power of the lord?
8. Who does Gabriel remember watching him through dying eyes?
(a) His mother
(d) His father
9. What does Gabriel say God has promised him?
(a) Eternal life
(b) A royal line
(c) A place in heaven
(d) Financial riches
10. What does Gabriel promise Elizabeth he will bring her back to?
(a) Her faith
(c) Her innocence
(d) Her family
11. Where did Richard ask Elizabeth to move with him to?
(b) New York
12. Why did Gabriel steal money?
(a) So Esther could move away
(b) To pay for an abortion
(c) To runaway with Esther
(d) To fix the church roof
13. Where was Richard waiting when he was arrested?
(a) The subway
(b) The bus stop
(c) The train station
(d) The doctors
14. What does Gabriel see John as the product of?
(a) A woman's sins
(b) A failing society
(c) The devil
(d) A man's sins
15. What does Elizabeth insist Gabriel does not do?
(a) Make a distinction between the children
(b) Drink and womanize
(c) Go out at night
(d) Beat the children that are not his
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gabriel think he has made amends for his sin?
2. What did Gabriel consider Esther to be?
3. What was the name of Gabriel's first son?
4. Who did Gabriel steal money from?
5. What does Richard do after his trial?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)