|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
(a) Pray at her mother's grave
(b) Ask for God's forgiveness
(c) Ask for Gabriel's forgiveness
(d) Present Gabriel with the letter
2. What did Deborah suspect Gabriel had?
(a) A brothel
(b) A boyfriend
(c) A mistress
(d) A bastard child
3. What does Florence say her mother used to tell stories about?
4. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
5. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
(a) Gabriel's sermons
(b) Florence mother's illness
(c) A letter from Deborah
(d) Gabriel's hatred for life
6. Where did Florence's father leave for after Gabriel's birth?
(d) The north
7. What does John's father call white people?
(a) Wicked and deceitful
(b) Loving and kind
8. Where did Florence move to in 1900?
(c) The north
(d) South America
9. Who does Florence say she has seen waiting for her?
(d) The devil
10. What has Florence used the letter for?
(a) A weapon against her brother
(b) To help the child
(c) As identification
(d) To get welfare checks
11. Who stops Gabriel from whipping Roy?
12. What country did Frank die in?
13. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
14. What is the name of the church the Grimes family are involved in?
(a) The Temple of the Fire Baptized
(b) The Temple of Doom
(c) The Temple of the Hope and Glory
(d) The Temple of the Spirit
15. What does John's mother give him for his birthday?
(b) A special breakfast
(d) A card
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to try and persuade Florence to go to church?
2. Where do the family keep the photographs in the front room?
3. What member of John's family does not enter the church?
4. What does Florence's mother say is the way to pray?
5. Where does Florence keep the letter from Deborah?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)