|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose presence at church surprises John?
2. Where did Florence move to in 1900?
(c) The north
(d) South America
3. What is John worried about as he enters the movie theater?
(a) If he is too young
(b) If he has enough money
(c) If it is a white person's theater
(d) If a member of the church may see him
4. Who stops Gabriel from whipping Roy?
5. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
(a) Left home
(b) Cared for her
(d) Killed her
6. What was Florence denied by her mother?
7. What happened when Deborah's father threatened one of the white men that raped his daughter?
(a) He was forced to leave the town
(b) He was burned to death
(c) He was beaten and left for dead
(d) He was jailed
8. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
9. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
(a) Gabriel's sermons
(b) Gabriel's hatred for life
(c) A letter from Deborah
(d) Florence mother's illness
10. Who does Gabriel blame for Roy's wild ways?
(b) The devil
11. Where does Aunt Florence say the young woman that stands by Gabriel's side now is?
12. What did Deborah suspect Gabriel had?
(a) A brothel
(b) A bastard child
(c) A mistress
(d) A boyfriend
13. What does John's father call white people?
(a) Wicked and deceitful
(d) Loving and kind
14. What does Florence say her mother used to tell stories about?
15. What does Florence say Frank was extravagant with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Frank die in?
2. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
3. What does Florence claim she uses for her husband's sake?
4. What character does John admire?
5. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)