|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
(a) There is only God's love
(b) Hell is only around the corner
(c) A new dawning
(d) A warning from the lord
2. What do John's family forget to acknowledge at breakfast?
(a) John's new clothes
(b) John's birthday
(c) John's name day
(d) John's new haircut
3. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
4. What instrument does Elisha play?
5. Where did Florence move to in 1900?
(a) The north
(d) South America
6. What does Elizabeth say to defend her husband to Roy?
(a) He has had a hard life
(b) He knows what is right for Roy's soul
(c) He is not a happy man
(d) He wants Roy to enjoy life
7. What does the narrow path promise?
(a) The love of God
(b) A narrow mind
(c) The glory of an afterlife
(d) An unhappy life
8. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
(a) Ask for God's forgiveness
(b) Present Gabriel with the letter
(c) Ask for Gabriel's forgiveness
(d) Pray at her mother's grave
9. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
(b) Killed her
(c) Cared for her
(d) Left home
10. What has Roy been injured by?
(a) A gun
(b) A whip
(c) A knife
(d) A dog
11. Who does Gabriel blame for Roy's wild ways?
(a) The devil
12. What does John excel at?
13. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
14. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
(a) It means he has a won a bet with her
(b) It means she can still go to heaven
(c) It means he can make her feel bad
(d) It means some hardships have come to her
15. Who does Florence say she has seen waiting for her?
(a) The devil
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John the first member of his family to do?
2. What does Gabriel use to whip Roy?
3. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
4. Who freed Florence's mother from slavery?
5. What does John's father call white people?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)