|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has lead Florence to church?
2. Where does Aunt Florence say the young woman that stands by Gabriel's side now is?
3. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
(a) To wash the front fence
(b) To dust the furniture
(c) To cut the grass
(d) To wash the dishes
4. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
(a) Pray at her mother's grave
(b) Ask for God's forgiveness
(c) Present Gabriel with the letter
(d) Ask for Gabriel's forgiveness
5. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York
6. What do Roy and his mother argue about?
7. What is John worried about as he enters the movie theater?
(a) If he is too young
(b) If it is a white person's theater
(c) If he has enough money
(d) If a member of the church may see him
8. Where did Florence's father leave for after Gabriel's birth?
(d) The north
9. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
(a) He has masturbated
(b) He has stolen
(c) He has touched a boy
(d) He has touched a woman
10. Who argues with John's mother in the kitchen?
11. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
(a) Move in with another woman
(b) Go on a binge
(c) Start attending church
12. What kind of boy did Gabriel become?
13. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
14. What instrument does Elisha play?
15. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What person in her life does Florence hate?
2. Where do the family keep the photographs in the front room?
3. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
4. What does John's mother give him for his birthday?
5. What does John think the people on fifth avenue don't read every night?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)