|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
(a) She forced him to go to church
(b) She sent him to New York
(c) She beat him
(d) She sent him to boarding school
2. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
(c) The bigger picture
3. What has Florence used the letter for?
(a) To get welfare checks
(b) To help the child
(c) As identification
(d) A weapon against her brother
4. What did Frank like to do excessively?
5. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
6. Who stops Gabriel from whipping Roy?
7. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
(a) Cared for her
(b) Killed her
(d) Left home
8. What does Gabriel use to whip Roy?
(a) A switch
(b) A towel
(c) A rope
(d) A belt
9. Who does Florence say she has seen waiting for her?
(d) The devil
10. What country did Frank die in?
11. Who argues with John's mother in the kitchen?
12. Where does Aunt Florence say the young woman that stands by Gabriel's side now is?
13. What does John think the people on fifth avenue don't read every night?
(a) Lord Byron
(b) The bible
(c) The constitution
(d) Huckleberry Fin
14. What war did Frank die in?
(a) Vietnam War
(b) The Boer War
(c) Second World War
(d) First World War
15. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
(a) New York
(c) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Florence's husband?
2. What was John the first member of his family to do?
3. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
4. What does Florence claim she uses for her husband's sake?
5. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)