|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
2. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
(a) It means she can still go to heaven
(b) It means he has a won a bet with her
(c) It means some hardships have come to her
(d) It means he can make her feel bad
3. What has lead Florence to church?
4. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
(a) She forced him to go to church
(b) She sent him to boarding school
(c) She sent him to New York
(d) She beat him
5. Who used to try and persuade Florence to go to church?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her father
(d) Her husband
6. What does Florence claim she uses for her husband's sake?
(c) Eye shadow
(d) Skin whitener
7. What country did Frank die in?
8. What chore does John have to do at the church?
(a) Tidy the tea room
(b) Wash the windows
(c) Sweep the floor
(d) Polish the ornaments
9. What does Gabriel do when Elizabeth tells him no one is to blame for Roy's behavior?
(a) Walks out of the house
(b) Hugs her
(c) Sends Roy to his room
(d) Slaps her
10. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
(a) Cared for her
(b) Killed her
(c) Left home
11. What does Elizabeth say to defend her husband to Roy?
(a) He is not a happy man
(b) He wants Roy to enjoy life
(c) He has had a hard life
(d) He knows what is right for Roy's soul
12. Who raped Deborah?
(a) A group of white men
(b) A preacher
(c) A group of black men
13. Whose presence at church surprises John?
14. What person in her life does Florence hate?
15. What does Gabriel use to whip Roy?
(a) A towel
(b) A belt
(c) A rope
(d) A switch
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Florence denied by her mother?
2. Who does Gabriel blame for Roy's wild ways?
3. What happened when Deborah's father threatened one of the white men that raped his daughter?
4. What was John the first member of his family to do?
5. What did Frank like to do excessively?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)