|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Florence's father leave for after Gabriel's birth?
(a) The north
2. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
3. What do Roy and his mother argue about?
4. Who used to try and persuade Florence to go to church?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her father
(c) Her mother
5. What person in her life does Florence hate?
6. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
(a) New Orleans
(b) New York
7. What does the narrow path promise?
(a) A narrow mind
(b) An unhappy life
(c) The glory of an afterlife
(d) The love of God
8. Where does Florence keep the letter from Deborah?
(a) A deposit box
(b) Her shoe
(c) Her handbag
(d) Her bra
9. Whose presence at church surprises John?
10. What does Gabriel use to whip Roy?
(a) A towel
(b) A switch
(c) A rope
(d) A belt
11. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
(c) The bigger picture
12. What is the name of Gabriel's sister?
13. Who stops Gabriel from whipping Roy?
14. What has Florence used the letter for?
(a) A weapon against her brother
(b) As identification
(c) To help the child
(d) To get welfare checks
15. Whose birthday is it at the beginning of the book?
(a) Roy Grimes
(b) Gabriel Grimes
(c) John Grimes
(d) Elizabeth Grimes
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
2. Who does Gabriel blame for Roy's wild ways?
3. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
4. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
5. What has Roy been injured by?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)