|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gabriel try to control Roy?
(a) By locking him in his room
(b) By sending him to work in poor areas
(c) By forcing him to church
(d) By whipping him
2. What was Florence denied by her mother?
3. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
4. Who used to try and persuade Florence to go to church?
(b) Her father
(c) Her husband
(d) Her mother
5. Where does Florence keep the letter from Deborah?
(a) Her shoe
(b) A deposit box
(c) Her handbag
(d) Her bra
6. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
(b) Uppity niggers
(c) Uncle Toms
(d) Common niggers
7. Who freed Florence's mother from slavery?
(a) Nothern troops
(b) A governor
(c) Southern troops
(d) Abraham Lincoln
8. What chore does John have to do at the church?
(a) Tidy the tea room
(b) Polish the ornaments
(c) Wash the windows
(d) Sweep the floor
9. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
(a) Ask for Gabriel's forgiveness
(b) Present Gabriel with the letter
(c) Ask for God's forgiveness
(d) Pray at her mother's grave
10. What did Deborah suspect Gabriel had?
(a) A brothel
(b) A mistress
(c) A boyfriend
(d) A bastard child
11. What do Roy and his mother argue about?
12. What park does John go to in this section?
(a) South Park
(b) Regent's Park
(c) Hyde Park
(d) Central Park
13. What kind of boy did Gabriel become?
14. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
15. What part of New york does John live in?
(c) The Bronx
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence's mother say is the way to pray?
2. What does John think the people on fifth avenue don't read every night?
3. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
4. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
5. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)