|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Florence say she has seen waiting for her?
(b) The devil
2. What does John's father call white people?
(b) Loving and kind
(d) Wicked and deceitful
3. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
(a) White boys
(b) Religious leaders
(c) The Ku Klux Klan
(d) A rival black gang
4. What does Florence say her mother used to tell stories about?
5. What is the name of Gabriel's sister?
6. Who used to try and persuade Florence to go to church?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her father
(c) Her mother
7. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
8. What does John excel at?
9. What was John the first member of his family to do?
(a) Be born in the north
(c) Marry a white woman
(d) Go to college
10. What kind of boy did Gabriel become?
11. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
12. What did Frank like to do excessively?
13. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
(a) It means she can still go to heaven
(b) It means he has a won a bet with her
(c) It means some hardships have come to her
(d) It means he can make her feel bad
14. What has Roy been injured by?
(a) A knife
(b) A whip
(c) A dog
(d) A gun
15. What park does John go to in this section?
(a) Regent's Park
(b) Central Park
(c) South Park
(d) Hyde Park
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
2. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
3. Where does Aunt Florence say the young woman that stands by Gabriel's side now is?
4. Whose presence at church surprises John?
5. What member of John's family does not enter the church?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)