|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
(a) Ask for Gabriel's forgiveness
(b) Ask for God's forgiveness
(c) Pray at her mother's grave
(d) Present Gabriel with the letter
2. What does John think the people on fifth avenue don't read every night?
(a) Lord Byron
(b) The bible
(c) Huckleberry Fin
(d) The constitution
3. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
(d) The bigger picture
4. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
(a) A new dawning
(b) There is only God's love
(c) Hell is only around the corner
(d) A warning from the lord
5. What does John excel at?
6. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
7. Who does Gabriel blame for Roy's wild ways?
(b) The devil
8. What does Florence say her mother used to tell stories about?
9. Where do the family keep the photographs in the front room?
(a) In the desk drawer
(b) On the side tables
(c) On the mantelpiece
(d) On the book shelf
10. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
11. What did Frank like to do excessively?
12. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
(b) New York
(d) New Orleans
13. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
(a) Uppity niggers
(b) Uncle Toms
(c) Common niggers
14. What does the narrow path promise?
(a) The glory of an afterlife
(b) The love of God
(c) An unhappy life
(d) A narrow mind
15. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
(a) To wash the dishes
(b) To dust the furniture
(c) To wash the front fence
(d) To cut the grass
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
2. What does Gabriel do when Elizabeth tells him no one is to blame for Roy's behavior?
3. What park does John go to in this section?
4. What war did Frank die in?
5. What has Florence used the letter for?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)