|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
(a) The bigger picture
2. What does Gabriel do when Elizabeth tells him no one is to blame for Roy's behavior?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Sends Roy to his room
(c) Walks out of the house
(d) Hugs her
3. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York
4. What chore does John have to do at the church?
(a) Polish the ornaments
(b) Wash the windows
(c) Sweep the floor
(d) Tidy the tea room
5. What part of New york does John live in?
(d) The Bronx
6. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
(a) He has stolen
(b) He has touched a woman
(c) He has masturbated
(d) He has touched a boy
7. What is John worried about as he enters the movie theater?
(a) If he is too young
(b) If he has enough money
(c) If a member of the church may see him
(d) If it is a white person's theater
8. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
(a) To dust the furniture
(b) To wash the dishes
(c) To cut the grass
(d) To wash the front fence
9. How does Gabriel try to control Roy?
(a) By locking him in his room
(b) By whipping him
(c) By forcing him to church
(d) By sending him to work in poor areas
10. What was Florence denied by her mother?
11. What do Roy and his mother argue about?
12. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan
(b) White boys
(c) Religious leaders
(d) A rival black gang
13. Where did Florence's father leave for after Gabriel's birth?
(b) The north
14. What does John's mother give him for his birthday?
(a) A special breakfast
(c) A card
15. What park does John go to in this section?
(a) Hyde Park
(b) South Park
(c) Central Park
(d) Regent's Park
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
2. What does Florence say Frank was extravagant with?
3. What member of John's family does not enter the church?
4. What character does John admire?
5. What was the name of Florence's husband?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)