|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has lead Florence to church?
2. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
3. Who stops Gabriel from whipping Roy?
4. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
(a) Florence mother's illness
(b) Gabriel's hatred for life
(c) A letter from Deborah
(d) Gabriel's sermons
5. What character does John admire?
6. What did Deborah suspect Gabriel had?
(a) A brothel
(b) A bastard child
(c) A boyfriend
(d) A mistress
7. What does Florence say Frank was extravagant with?
8. What do Roy and his mother argue about?
9. Where does Florence keep the letter from Deborah?
(a) A deposit box
(b) Her bra
(c) Her shoe
(d) Her handbag
10. What part of New york does John live in?
(b) The Bronx
11. Where does Aunt Florence say the young woman that stands by Gabriel's side now is?
12. What does Gabriel do when Elizabeth tells him no one is to blame for Roy's behavior?
(a) Walks out of the house
(b) Slaps her
(c) Hugs her
(d) Sends Roy to his room
13. Where did Florence move to in 1900?
(a) The north
(c) South America
14. What was Florence denied by her mother?
15. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
(a) It means she can still go to heaven
(b) It means he has a won a bet with her
(c) It means he can make her feel bad
(d) It means some hardships have come to her
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Deborah's father threatened one of the white men that raped his daughter?
2. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
3. What did Frank like to do excessively?
4. What does the narrow path promise?
5. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)