|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
(a) There is only God's love
(b) A new dawning
(c) A warning from the lord
(d) Hell is only around the corner
2. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
(a) Ask for God's forgiveness
(b) Pray at her mother's grave
(c) Ask for Gabriel's forgiveness
(d) Present Gabriel with the letter
3. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
4. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
(b) Move in with another woman
(c) Start attending church
(d) Go on a binge
5. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
6. What did Deborah suspect Gabriel had?
(a) A boyfriend
(b) A brothel
(c) A bastard child
(d) A mistress
7. What does Florence say Frank was extravagant with?
8. What has Roy been injured by?
(a) A knife
(b) A dog
(c) A whip
(d) A gun
9. What does Florence claim she uses for her husband's sake?
(b) Skin whitener
(d) Eye shadow
10. Who argues with John's mother in the kitchen?
11. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
(a) He has touched a woman
(b) He has stolen
(c) He has masturbated
(d) He has touched a boy
12. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
13. What does John think the people on fifth avenue don't read every night?
(a) Lord Byron
(b) Huckleberry Fin
(c) The constitution
(d) The bible
14. Who does Gabriel blame for Roy's wild ways?
(d) The devil
15. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
(a) To wash the front fence
(b) To dust the furniture
(c) To wash the dishes
(d) To cut the grass
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raped Deborah?
2. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
3. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
4. What does John excel at?
5. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)