|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabriel say Roy's cut signifies?
(a) A new dawning
(b) There is only God's love
(c) Hell is only around the corner
(d) A warning from the lord
2. Who does Gabriel blame for Roy's wild ways?
(d) The devil
3. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
(a) Present Gabriel with the letter
(b) Ask for Gabriel's forgiveness
(c) Ask for God's forgiveness
(d) Pray at her mother's grave
4. Whose presence at church surprises John?
5. What does John excel at?
6. What does Roy's mother say her husband is trying to keep Roy away from?
7. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
(a) Uppity niggers
(b) Common niggers
(c) Uncle Toms
8. What did Frank like to do excessively?
9. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
(a) Religious leaders
(b) White boys
(c) A rival black gang
(d) The Ku Klux Klan
10. What has Florence used the letter for?
(a) To get welfare checks
(b) As identification
(c) To help the child
(d) A weapon against her brother
11. What would Frank do after an argument with Florence?
(b) Move in with another woman
(c) Go on a binge
(d) Start attending church
12. What does John's mother give him for his birthday?
(b) A card
(c) A special breakfast
13. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
(a) She forced him to go to church
(b) She sent him to boarding school
(c) She beat him
(d) She sent him to New York
14. What country did Frank die in?
15. Where does Aunt Florence say the young woman that stands by Gabriel's side now is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who freed Florence's mother from slavery?
2. What character does John admire?
3. What person in her life does Florence hate?
4. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
5. Who does Florence say she has seen waiting for her?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)