|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence say Frank was extravagant with?
2. What does John think the people on fifth avenue don't read every night?
(a) Lord Byron
(b) The constitution
(c) The bible
(d) Huckleberry Fin
3. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
(a) She forced him to go to church
(b) She sent him to boarding school
(c) She beat him
(d) She sent him to New York
4. What chore does John have to do at the church?
(a) Polish the ornaments
(b) Wash the windows
(c) Tidy the tea room
(d) Sweep the floor
5. What member of John's family does not enter the church?
6. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
7. What character does John admire?
8. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
(b) Left home
(c) Killed her
(d) Cared for her
9. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
10. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
11. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
12. Who used to try and persuade Florence to go to church?
(a) Her husband
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
13. What does Florence claim she uses for her husband's sake?
(b) Skin whitener
(d) Eye shadow
14. What does Roy's mother say her husband is trying to keep Roy away from?
15. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
(a) To wash the dishes
(b) To dust the furniture
(c) To cut the grass
(d) To wash the front fence
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say to defend her husband to Roy?
2. How does Gabriel try to control Roy?
3. What was John the first member of his family to do?
4. What war did Frank die in?
5. What does Florence say her mother used to tell stories about?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)