|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes John's feeling towards the white people on fith avenue?
2. What color does Florence's husband say is pretty?
3. Whose birthday is it at the beginning of the book?
(a) Gabriel Grimes
(b) Elizabeth Grimes
(c) Roy Grimes
(d) John Grimes
4. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
(a) White boys
(b) Religious leaders
(c) The Ku Klux Klan
(d) A rival black gang
5. What does John's mother give him for his birthday?
(b) A special breakfast
(c) A card
6. What has Florence used the letter for?
(a) A weapon against her brother
(b) To help the child
(c) To get welfare checks
(d) As identification
7. Where did Florence move to in 1900?
(c) The north
(d) South America
8. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
9. Who argues with John's mother in the kitchen?
10. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
(a) Gabriel's hatred for life
(b) Florence mother's illness
(c) Gabriel's sermons
(d) A letter from Deborah
11. What does the narrow path promise?
(a) A narrow mind
(b) The glory of an afterlife
(c) An unhappy life
(d) The love of God
12. What do Roy and his mother argue about?
13. What part of New york does John live in?
(d) The Bronx
14. Who stops Gabriel from whipping Roy?
15. What does John's father call white people?
(c) Loving and kind
(d) Wicked and deceitful
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frank like to do excessively?
2. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
3. Who raped Deborah?
4. What is the name of the church the Grimes family are involved in?
5. What city did Frank and Florence live in?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)