|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's chore on a Saturday?
(a) To wash the dishes
(b) To cut the grass
(c) To wash the front fence
(d) To dust the furniture
2. What has lead Florence to church?
3. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
(a) He has touched a boy
(b) He has stolen
(c) He has masturbated
(d) He has touched a woman
4. What was Florence denied by her mother?
5. What do John's family forget to acknowledge at breakfast?
(a) John's birthday
(b) John's new haircut
(c) John's new clothes
(d) John's name day
6. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
(a) Gabriel's hatred for life
(b) Gabriel's sermons
(c) A letter from Deborah
(d) Florence mother's illness
7. What person in her life does Florence hate?
8. What war did Frank die in?
(a) Vietnam War
(b) The Boer War
(c) Second World War
(d) First World War
9. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
10. What is John worried about as he enters the movie theater?
(a) If it is a white person's theater
(b) If a member of the church may see him
(c) If he has enough money
(d) If he is too young
11. What was the name of Florence's husband?
12. What does Florence think Gabriel will do over her grave?
13. What does Gabriel use to whip Roy?
(a) A belt
(b) A towel
(c) A switch
(d) A rope
14. Whose birthday is it at the beginning of the book?
(a) Roy Grimes
(b) Gabriel Grimes
(c) John Grimes
(d) Elizabeth Grimes
15. What does John excel at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Florence do when her mother fell deathly ill?
2. What is the name of the church the Grimes family are involved in?
3. What does Florence claim she uses for her husband's sake?
4. Who does Florence say she has seen waiting for her?
5. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)