|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: The Threshing Floor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following events happened when Elizabeth was 8?
(a) Her mother died
(b) She was raped
(c) Her father was lynched
(d) Her father died
2. Which of the following is not a character in the novel?
(a) Sister Price
(b) Old Jack Pepper
(c) Mother Washington
(d) Madame Williams
3. Who does Florence threaten to give Deborah's letter to?
4. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
(a) He has touched a woman
(b) He has touched a boy
(c) He has masturbated
(d) He has stolen
5. Whose point of view is this chapter mostly told from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John excel at?
2. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
3. Who is the son that God promised Gabriel in a dream?
4. Who says "all your holy life long, you ain't made to drink a cup of sorrow?"
5. What does Florence think tonight might be the time to do?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)