|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Prayers of the Saints, Chapter 3: Elizabeth's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elizabeth decide not to tell Richard she was pregnant?
(a) She did not think he would be a good father
(b) She did not wnat to marry him
(c) She did not want to burden him
(d) She was too ashamed
2. What did Richard work as?
(a) Butcher boy
(c) Grocery clerk
3. What kind of black person does Florence claim to hate?
(b) Common niggers
(c) Uncle Toms
(d) Uppity niggers
4. Who was Elizabeth upset about having to leave behind?
(a) Her dog
(b) Her sister
(c) Her father
(d) Her brother
5. What does Elizabeth say was her defense?
(a) Her anger
(b) Her arrogance
(c) Her pride
(d) Her humor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence remember talking about with Frank?
2. Who does Florence think rejoices in her presence at church?
3. How did Florence's mother try to stop Gabriel from being wicked?
4. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
5. Why could Elizabeth not leave Richard?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)