|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Prayers of the Saints, Chapter 2: Gabriel's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Florence move to in 1900?
(b) South America
(d) The north
2. Whose birthday is it at the beginning of the book?
(a) Roy Grimes
(b) John Grimes
(c) Elizabeth Grimes
(d) Gabriel Grimes
3. Why could Deborah not bear Gabriel children?
(a) She wanted to stay pure for God
(b) She had a fear of sex
(c) She did not want to have his children
(d) She was brutally raped
4. What does John mean by saying he has sinned his hand?
(a) He has masturbated
(b) He has touched a boy
(c) He has touched a woman
(d) He has stolen
5. Who do Roy and his gang try to pick a fight with?
(a) White boys
(b) Religious leaders
(c) The Ku Klux Klan
(d) A rival black gang
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boy did Gabriel become?
2. What is the name of the church the Grimes family are involved in?
3. What room in the white people's house did Gabriel first make love to Esther?
4. What does Gabriel command John to do?
5. What was the name of Gabriel's first wife?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)