|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Prayers of the Saints, Chapter 1: Florence's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John think the people on fifth avenue don't read every night?
(a) The bible
(b) Huckleberry Fin
(c) The constitution
(d) Lord Byron
2. Who used to try and persuade Florence to go to church?
(b) Her father
(c) Her husband
(d) Her mother
3. What country did Frank die in?
4. What was John the first member of his family to do?
(a) Be born in the north
(c) Go to college
(d) Marry a white woman
5. Why does Florence think Gabriel rejoices in her presence at church?
(a) It means some hardships have come to her
(b) It means he can make her feel bad
(c) It means he has a won a bet with her
(d) It means she can still go to heaven
Short Answer Questions
1. What person in her life does Florence hate?
2. What did Deborah suspect Gabriel had?
3. What does John say he wants instead of the narrow way?
4. Where do the family keep the photographs in the front room?
5. Who freed Florence's mother from slavery?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)