|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some of the students were responsible for which of the following?
2. Where was Bert shot?
3. The name of which gorilla also refers to a child?
4. What is the student's surname?
5. The man also spends a lot of time studying which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Uncle Bert? What did the incident prompt Fossey to do?
2. What was Fossey's opinion of visitors to the park?
3. How does Fossey compare Beethoven and Uncle Bert?
4. Describe some of the members of Group 4 from Fossey's first observations in 1967.
5. Why did Fossey tend to avoid going to Ian Redmond's cabin?
6. Who was Ric Elliot? Why did Fossey choose him to work at the camp?
7. In what year did the census begin? Why was it important? Who helped Fossey with the task?
8. Who is Bob Campbell? What did he bring to the camp? What was his contribution?
9. Discuss Fossey's first interaction with Whinny and Digit.
10. What was the situation between Group 9, Group 8, and the females?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Flashback is used in several places to reiterate earlier experiences and to show progress of the study and the camp. Choose at least three examples in which Fossey employs flashback. What was the purpose of each example? Was it effective? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dian Fossey was murdered in her bedroom in 1985. The murder has never been solved by Rwandan law enforcement, although there are many suspects and speculation about Fossey's death. Research and write about Fossey's murder. Include primary theories and your argument for or against. What might be done to positively identify Fossey's killer and bring him to justice? Do you think it will ever happen? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Funding is always a major issue for projects like the one started by Fossey. Create an outline of the specifics of a similar program. Include a complete breakdown of what would be needed to complete a program like Fossey's, including cost of staff, equipment, properties, facilities, permits, transportation, medicines, etc. How difficult is it to estimate how much money will be needed for a specific period of time? Using this information, create a proposal to be presented to a particular funding source.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)