|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which state does Fossey return when the trip is over?
2. What is the couple's surname?
3. The couple suggests that Fossey go on ahead to which location?
(b) Cape Town.
4. Where is the couple located at the time of the meeting?
(d) Sao Paulo.
5. In examining the health of the gorillas, Fossey determines that the majority of the groups most likely have a _____ deficiency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fossey's dog?
2. Which group is not tracked from Fossey's second campsite?
3. Which of the gorillas perched in a giant tree?
4. Fossey fights to save two of the babies from being taken to which zoo?
5. Fossey sustains injury to which part of her body at the site?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Louis and Mary Leakey? How do they play a part in the story? How do they influence Fossey? What misadventure took place while Fossey was in Africa with the couple?
2. What caused Bravado to change drastically?
3. Who is Dian Fossey? What type of work does she do?
4. Describe at least one harsh lesson learned by Fossey while looking for the animals.
5. Discuss Poppy's near brush with death. What happened? Who/what saved Poppy?
6. Fossey was careful to do what major thing after meeting the gorillas for the first time?
7. Describe some of the new residents at Fossey's camp.
8. Discuss the birth of Pantsy's son. What happened to the little one? What were Fossey's suspicions?
9. Discuss how Alan Root helped Fossey establish a base camp. Where was it located? What types of things did Fossey attempt to put into place?
10. Discuss the behaviors tolerated by Cindy.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)