|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of the main character in the story?
2. What was the name of the rooster?
3. Fossey believes that one of the young may have become a victim of which of the following:
4. Fossey takes note that each gorilla seems to have its own distinct _____.
(b) Grooming habits.
5. Which of the gorillas perched in a giant tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the young silverbacks has been injured by which of the following?
2. Fossey fights to save two of the babies from being taken to which zoo?
3. To which group did these gorillas belong?
4. The couple suggests that Fossey go on ahead to which location?
5. Fossey notes that many gorillas will eat which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What positive news did Fossey receive regarding the funding for the trip?
2. What happened to Coco and Pucker? What was Fossey's reaction?
3. Discuss the episode in which Brahms was shot by a poacher.
4. Discuss the introduction of Icarus. To which group did Icarus belong? Who else belonged to the group?
5. How did Leakey gauge Fossey's commitment to the project?
6. Discuss the introduction of Sanwekwe. Who is Sanwekwe? What is the person's job?
7. Name at least one issue with three-year-old Pablo.
8. Fossey was careful to do what major thing after meeting the gorillas for the first time?
9. Discuss the episode in which Fossey is forced to leave the camp. What convinced officials to let her return?
10. Discuss the behaviors tolerated by Cindy.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)