|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Beethoven when he was injured?
2. The baby girl born around this time is named ____.
3. One of the young silverbacks has been injured by which of the following?
4. Fossey talks about the call put out when the gorillas area ready to leave to find food. The author says the gorillas sound like a pack of what type of dogs?
(a) Basset hounds.
(c) Wolf dogs.
5. What type of animal constantly ruined Fossey's garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Fossey about a long term study of the gorillas?
2. Fossey stumbled through the woods. To gain her footing, Fossey grabbed into what she thought was a vine. It was not a vine; it was a ______.
3. What item of interest did Fossey want to see?
4. Fossey takes note that each gorilla seems to have its own distinct _____.
5. The author first encounters ___ groups of gorillas.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the birth of Pantsy's son. What happened to the little one? What were Fossey's suspicions?
2. Describe at least one harsh lesson learned by Fossey while looking for the animals.
3. Who are Louis and Mary Leakey? How do they play a part in the story? How do they influence Fossey? What misadventure took place while Fossey was in Africa with the couple?
4. Explain Fossey's first encounter with a gorilla.
5. Discuss the behaviors tolerated by Cindy.
6. Describe some of the new residents at Fossey's camp.
7. How did Leakey gauge Fossey's commitment to the project?
8. What was Fossey's initial dream? How did it come to fruition?
9. Name at least one issue with three-year-old Pablo.
10. Discuss the episode in which Fossey is forced to leave the camp. What convinced officials to let her return?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)