|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is associated with the first group of gorillas encountered by Fossey?
2. How old is the young male?
(a) 2 years old.
(b) 3 years old.
(c) 1 year old.
(d) 5 years old.
3. In examining the health of the gorillas, Fossey determines that the majority of the groups most likely have a _____ deficiency.
4. To which state does Fossey return when the trip is over?
5. What does Fossey name the showy gorilla?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Fossey?
2. Which of the gorillas perched in a giant tree?
3. How many adult silverback males are in this group?
4. What is a common way to identify gorillas?
5. Fossey uses the name of which famous composer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the episode in which Brahms was shot by a poacher.
2. What did Fossey do to make the babies laugh?
3. Explain Fossey's first trek into the gorillas' territory. Who accompanied Fossey? Why?
4. What caused Bravado to change drastically?
5. Discuss the introduction of Sanwekwe. Who is Sanwekwe? What is the person's job?
6. How did Leakey gauge Fossey's commitment to the project?
7. Discuss the birth of Pantsy's son. What happened to the little one? What were Fossey's suspicions?
8. Discuss the introduction of Icarus. To which group did Icarus belong? Who else belonged to the group?
9. Discuss Poppy's near brush with death. What happened? Who/what saved Poppy?
10. Discuss the episode in which Fossey is forced to leave the camp. What convinced officials to let her return?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)