|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The student spends a great deal of time doing which of the following?
(a) Playing with the gorillas.
(c) Taking notes.
2. What item does Redmond always wear?
(c) Safari hat.
3. What type of birds attacks Uncle Bert?
4. According to Fossey, the old woman looks like she has just ingested _____.
(c) A live fish.
(d) Live bugs.
5. Fossey likes the new student because of his _____.
(b) Work experience.
(d) Photographic abilities.
6. What is used by the gorillas in the activity?
7. What might Fossey find there?
(a) Rotting food.
(b) Illegal poker games.
(c) Smelly specimens.
(d) Body parts.
8. Whose death is the hardest for Fossey to accept?
9. The dominant male of the group sounds like he is ____.
10. Groups 8 and 9 share an area filled with which of the following:
(c) Fruit trees.
11. What is the translation of the gorilla's name?
12. What are the names of Old Goat and Flossie's children?
(a) Beethoven and Icarus.
(b) Tiger and Simba.
(c) Pantsy and Thor.
(d) Cubby and Kimba.
13. During the tracking process, Fossey notes that it is hard to keep track of which of the following?
(a) New nests.
(b) Food source.
14. What is the name given to the baby by Fossey?
15. What was the total time period Fossey spent studying the gorillas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe Bert?
2. What is the name given to the mysterious gorilla?
3. What is the name given to the old woman?
4. Fossey returns to which group at this point?
5. Which famous magazine sends a photographer?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)