|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the zones discussed by Fossey?
(d) Giant Camelia.
2. How old, on average, is the youngest group of gorillas to leave their mothers?
(a) 29 months.
(b) 34 months.
(c) 48 months.
(d) 22 months.
3. What color is associated with the first group of gorillas encountered by Fossey?
4. Fossey notes that Beethoven has been healing well but has starting acting ____.
5. In what year did Beethoven seem to recover and take charge of the group once more?
6. What disease killed Quince?
7. What is the name of Fossey's camp?
(a) Fossey Institute.
(b) Karisoke Research Centre.
(c) Nairobi Animal Foundation.
(d) Primate Research Facility.
8. How old is the young male?
(a) 1 year old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 3 years old.
9. Like many secured human communities, the gorillas tend to use _____ to protect their young.
10. What is Fossey's first stop in Africa?
11. What is the name of Fossey's dog?
12. Upon which gorilla did Beethoven depend the most?
13. What is the first name of the main character in the story?
14. What is a common sign of contentment for the gorillas?
15. Which gorilla groups are tracked from Fossey's first campsite?
(a) 7, 8, 9.
(b) 5, 6, 7.
(c) 1, 2, 3.
(d) 3, 4, 5.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fossey notes that many gorillas will eat which of the following:
2. Fossey believes that one of the young may have become a victim of which of the following:
3. Pantsy and an older gorilla named _____ are expecting babies.
4. In which year was Fossey forced from her mountain camp?
5. The man is known for supplying funding for the work of Jane _____.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)