|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II (458-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gorgias claim rhetoric is not intended to do?
(a) Achieve advantages.
(b) Influence the masses.
(c) Impart knowledge.
(d) Be used.
2. What is Socrates' opinion of what causes inconsistency in speech?
(a) Heckling by the audience.
(b) A lack of understanding on the subject.
(c) Emotions interfering with judgment.
(d) Poor education as a child.
3. Socrates believes to learn rhetoric, what must one also learn?
4. Chapter I states there can be false and true what?
5. What does Socrates see justice in opposition to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gorgias believes that without mastering rhetoric, what is the occurrence of rhetoric left to?
2. Socrates wants to learn the _____ of rhetoric.
3. Gorgias describes good rhetoric as delivering a response in what way?
4. Socrates regards flattery is the main point used on what area?
5. Why does Socrates regard Gorgias' answers as useful?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)