|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI (503-514).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say a rhetorician must have to persuade a physician?
(a) Good looks.
2. Why does Socrates think areas of art need to be properly defined?
(a) So people understand what they are getting into.
(b) So they do not become confused with others.
(c) So they can be properly monitored.
(d) So they cannot be manipulated.
3. What does Callicles believe is the true order between men?
(a) Intellect determines superiority.
(b) All men are equal.
(c) Natural strength determines superiority.
(d) Those who are compassionate are superior.
4. What does Socrates believe a soul that lacks control is?
5. What does Callicles believe is the purpose of laws?
(a) To keep people in check.
(b) To make the world interesting.
(c) To create ideal humans.
(d) To frighten naturally superior people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the benefit Callicles believes will come from those who have been wronged?
2. What does Socrates claim is the greatest evil in Chapter IV?
3. Why does Socrates try to test Callicles?
4. What does Callicles claim legislation to be?
5. How does Socrates claim a person in control is able to act?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)