|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI (503-514).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Socrates ask to be corrected and criticized?
(a) So he may improve.
(b) So he can challenge them back.
(c) So he can condescend to them.
(d) So he does not feel guilty about monopolizing the conversation.
2. Socrates often refers to a good soul in what kind of a light?
3. What is the benefit Callicles believes will come from those who have been wronged?
(a) They will educate others on how to do right.
(b) They become stronger.
(c) They will be at peace.
(d) They will stop asserting their authority over naturally superior people.
4. Socrates regards flattery is the main point used on what area?
5. What does Callicles claim legislation to be?
(b) A hoax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Socrates see a destructive government has on youth?
2. What does Socrates not intend to do in his arguments?
3. How does Socrates claim excellence cannot be acquired?
4. What does Socrates claim is the greatest evil in Chapter IV?
5. How does Socrates think one with destructive power feels?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)