Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wong tell the audience?
2. How does Wong help the Gods?
3. What problem do the Gods face?
4. Why does Wong runaway from the Gods?
5. Why do the Gods give Shen Te money?
6. Summarize the prologue.
7. What does Shen Te tell the audience?
8. How do the characters try to take advantage of Shen Te?
9. What does the Wife suggest to Shen Te in the first scene?
10. How do the family take over the shop?
11. What do the Gods ask Wong to do?
12. Summarize the first scene.
13. How does Shui Ta deal with the Family?
14. How does the husband react to Shui Ta's attitude?
15. Why does the Policeman take the Family into custody?
16. How do Shen Te's problems increase in scene two?
17. How do the Old Woman and the Policeman help Shen Te?
18. Summarize the second scene.
19. What is Yang Sun doing in the city park?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)