|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does she think this person might really be?
(b) Professor Night.
(c) Professor Higgins.
2. What does Desdemona try to do?
(a) Kill Juliet.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Kill Constance.
(d) Seduce Juliet.
3. When the two women embrace, what does Constance feel?
(a) A leather vest.
(c) A page from the Gustav manuscript.
(d) Juliet's lack of breasts which suggests she is male.
4. What does Tybalt decide to do with Constance?
(a) Check her to see if she has a penis.
(b) Send her back to her real time.
(c) Ravish her.
(d) Marry her.
5. Who does Constance say was once a lover?
(a) No one.
(d) Professor Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Constance think is avoiding his occupation?
2. How are Romeo and Juliet feeling?
3. What is the purpose of this very short scene?
4. What does the person call Constance?
5. What does Constance pin to the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Desdemona spot and what does she do?
2. Upon what deal do Juliet and Constance agree?
3. What do you think is the purpose of this very short scene?
4. Why does Constance pounce on a Servant walking by?
5. What does Juliet theorize is Constance's predication towards homosexuality? Do you agree?
6. What reason do Juliet and Desdemona give for being flat characters? Do you agree with the two women's assessment?
7. How does cross dressing become a theme in this sexually-loaded scene?
8. How many ways has Juliet considered or attempted suicide in this scene? Why do you think this is so?
9. What are Tybalt's last actions before he is no longer seen?
10. What is the irony of the scene where Juliet stands beneath Constance's balcony and woos her?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)