|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juliet do while Romeo is searching?
(a) Gossips with her girlfriends.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Asks her father for his forgiveness.
(d) Has sex with someone else.
2. What does Constance ask of Desdemona?
(a) To kill Romeo.
(b) To seduce Tybalt.
(c) To tell Tybalt that Constance is dead.
(d) To smother Tybalt.
3. Who interrupts Constance's singing?
(b) A ghost.
4. What does Constance claim to want?
(a) A way to go home.
(b) The secret of the author.
(d) Juliet's mind.
5. How is Romeo dressed?
(a) Like Juliet.
(b) Like a ghost.
(c) Like a peasant.
(d) He is not dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juliet brush aside as nonsense?
2. What are the scrolls?
3. What does Juliet assume about Constance?
4. What does Constance pin to the ground?
5. With what does Juliet think Constance might be lured into heterosexual sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. The ideal of females, especially upper-class females during the time of the setting of Romeo and Juliet is that woman know nothing about sex and are virginal until marriage and then "endure" their husband's needs. Does Juliet seem to fit this description?
2. What reason do Juliet and Desdemona give for being flat characters? Do you agree with the two women's assessment?
3. What does Juliet theorize is Constance's predication towards homosexuality? Do you agree?
4. What is humorous about the ghost's appearance?
5. How is the ghost's appearance in the boneyard typical of Shakespearean tragedy?
6. Describe what happens when Desdemona and Juliet arrive at the crypt and stand near Constance.
7. What is Romeo's response to Desdemona, and what does this response say about Romeo's personality?
8. What is the irony of the scene where Juliet stands beneath Constance's balcony and woos her?
9. What is Juliet's response to learning of Constance's true gender?
10. What do you think is the purpose of this very short scene?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)