|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the swordplay between Constance and Tybalt?
(b) Professor Night.
(d) No one.
2. For whom is Romeo searching?
3. What interrupts Tybalt's actions towards Constance?
(a) Juliet comes up and stabs him.
(b) He hears Romeo moaning on a nearby slab.
(c) Constance awakens.
(d) Romeo challenges him to a duel.
4. What does Constance think is the Gustav Manuscript?
(a) The graffiti on the wall.
(b) The book she thought was a bible.
(c) The fool's hat.
(d) Some scrolls in a basket.
5. Who is unsuccessfully disguised in a mouse mask?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does she think this person might really be?
2. What does Romeo ask?
3. What does the person have that Constance see?
4. What are the scrolls?
5. Who interrupts Constance's singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juliet theorize is Constance's predication towards homosexuality? Do you agree?
2. Who does Desdemona spot and what does she do?
3. What does Constance learn about the scrolls and then decide to do?
4. What is the irony of the scene where Juliet stands beneath Constance's balcony and woos her?
5. How many ways has Juliet considered or attempted suicide in this scene? Why do you think this is so?
6. What is Tybalt's reaction to Romeo and Juliet's fascination with Constance?
7. What is humorous about the ghost's appearance?
8. How does cross dressing become a theme in this sexually-loaded scene?
9. For whom is Constance searching at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3 and why is this ironic?
10. Upon what deal do Juliet and Constance agree?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)