|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello offer Constance?
(a) A job.
(b) Irrefutable evidence that Professor Night is bad.
(c) His brother in marriage.
(d) A diamond necklace.
2. How many vignettes comprise The Dumbshow?
3. How does Constance drink her beer?
(a) Ice cold from a bottle.
(b) On tap.
(c) Warm from a can.
(d) With peppermint snapps.
4. By whom is Constance interrupted?
(a) Her major professor.
(b) A student.
(c) Her boyfriend.
5. For what does Juliet yearn?
(b) Her virginal days of being caught between desire and fulfillment.
(c) Romeo's brother.
(d) The many suitors who wooed her before her marriage to Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Desdemona murdered?
2. What does Romeo declare?
3. How does the character enter the office?
4. What does the Chorus do before exiting?
5. What does Iago give Desdemona as proof?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the first vignette of the Dumbshow and from where do you think this scene is derived?
2. What happens as Constance is reading OTHELLO from her complete works of Shakespeare?
3. Describe the scene between Juliet and her nurse--do you think the nurse is wise?
4. How does the Chorus appear and what is its first action?
5. What is the function of The Chorus?
6. What is the effect of Nurse's blank verse musings?
7. How does Othello reward Constance and how does his reward symbolically represent Constance's real life?
8. How do Othello and Desdemona first react to Constance?
9. What effect does Constance's dramatic appearance in the middle of the argument between Mercutio and Romeo?
10. Is Constance successful in changing OTHELLO from a tragedy and what might this mean for the Gustav Manuscript?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)