|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what can gold be derived?
(a) A glass of tequila.
(b) Base metal.
(d) The bank.
2. How many vignettes comprise The Dumbshow?
3. What does Romeo do?
(a) Hugs Constance.
(b) Helps the nun with her packages.
(c) Asks the priest for forgiveness.
(d) Falls flat on his face.
4. What does the person who mourns do?
(a) Goes after the murderer.
(b) Burns the dead person on a pyre.
(c) Commits suicide.
(d) Calls the police.
5. What does the Chorus do before exiting?
(b) Stubs out the cigarette.
(c) Sings a poem.
(d) Burns the Gustave manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Constance do with the Gustav manuscript?
2. What book does Constance open?
3. How are the vignettes displayed?
4. In the first vignette, who murders Desdemona?
5. What does the person who delivers the monologue do before speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the opening scene of Act 3, Scene 2 demonstrates the change in Romeo and Juliet's relationship?
2. What does the Chorus do after delivering the monologue?
3. Describe the interaction between Desdemona and Constance after Othello has dragged Iago off the stage.
4. Why do you think Act 1 is titled "The Dumbshow"?
5. How does the Chorus appear and what is its first action?
6. Is Constance successful in changing OTHELLO from a tragedy and what might this mean for the Gustav Manuscript?
7. What idea does Constance develop in writing her dissertation at the opening of this scene?
8. What happens when Iago and Othella reenact their fight scene?
9. What is happening as Constance arrives in Verona and what does she do about it?
10. What happens to Constance at the end of this scene and what is her interpretation of it?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)