|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Romeo really going to do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Go ask Juliet's father for permission to marry Juliet officially.
(c) Look for Constance whom Romeo thinks is a boy.
(d) Go to the opera with a friend.
2. Who is arguing at the opening of this scene?
(a) Iago and Othello.
(b) Desdemona and Constance.
(c) Romeo, Tybalt, and Mercutio.
(d) Tybalt and Constance.
3. What does Romeo do?
(a) Falls flat on his face.
(b) Hugs Constance.
(c) Helps the nun with her packages.
(d) Asks the priest for forgiveness.
4. Who enters the argument scene?
5. From what can gold be derived?
(a) Base metal.
(c) The bank.
(d) A glass of tequila.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello offer Constance?
2. Which battle of OTHELLO continues offstage?
3. What does the Chorus lay on Constance's desk?
4. By whom is Constance interrupted?
5. Who repeats the prior rendition of the handkerchief scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the opening scene of Act 3, Scene 2 demonstrates the change in Romeo and Juliet's relationship?
2. What idea does Constance develop in writing her dissertation at the opening of this scene?
3. What happens in the scene with the pet turtle and how is this symbolic of Romeo and Juliet's relationship?
4. What happens to Constance at the end of this scene and what is her interpretation of it?
5. What is happening as Constance arrives in Verona and what does she do about it?
6. What is the function of The Chorus?
7. Briefly describe the interaction between Constance and Professor Night and evaluate the interaction.
8. Why do you think Act 1 is titled "The Dumbshow"?
9. How does Othello reward Constance and how does his reward symbolically represent Constance's real life?
10. How does the Chorus appear and what is its first action?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)